MLB 2024: The Reign of Shohei

Myshkin

• 3 weeks later...

So I was scrolling through the standings, proud that my Twinkies are going to win the division (even if it's all around awful, but we're not terrible) and my eyes bugged out at seeing the A's numbers. They're having one of the worst seasons I can recall ever seeing in my lifetime. WTF is -329? How??? The second worst team is -215. And they're doing this while playing hardball to get a new stadium and/or relocate. So much for the team that invented moneyball. 

• 2 weeks later...

What a thrilling first set of wild card series. Whoof. Congrats to the Twins, though! With the pathetic year for the Cardinals, I've hitched my wagon to Tywin's Twins. Mostly because I will never forgive the Astros and their fanbase for their blatant "Fuck you all, we cheated get over it" attitude.

Go Twins

17 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah, poor Kershaw. His struggles in the playoffs are so weird. I’m not very confident of anyone beating the Astros if the Braves or Dodgers lose early.

Step your game up, Twinkies!

I can't remember the exact number, but I heard a stat a few years ago that if you shaved off Kershaw's last inning in every playoff game he'd be one of the better postseason pitchers ever. Obviously it doesn't matter in this game though it's something to think about.

And I doubt the Twins win a game in this series. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. We'll see. Astros-Braves is the best bet in my book. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I can't remember the exact number, but I heard a stat a few years ago that if you shaved off Kershaw's last inning in every playoff game he'd be one of the better postseason pitchers ever. 

What an odd, cherry-picked stat. I imagine all starters have way higher era’s later in games. Weird, eh?