2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

5 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

This is going pretty much as expected. For whatever reason FSU is obsessed with delayed handoffs, even with Travis. It can be maddening.

Still can't be as bad as the Bears only throwing screen passes. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

UGA being the two time defending champ and losing closely might bump FSU to 5. They'll absolutely lose their shit if it happens, but UGA is the better team. 

FSU reddit would be insanity if/when that happens, and I kinda wanna see it. 

12 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The committee should be disbanded if they leave out an undefeated P5 conference champion. 

Not sure the P5 tradition matters. Michigan, Bama and Washington have every right to be in the playoff. FSU would have a case if their star QB wasn't injured, but that game was trash and Louisville was no wear close to UGA. They'd probably be a 10 point favorite heads up against FSU. 

9 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

FSU reddit would be insanity if/when that happens, and I kinda wanna see it. 

I don't look at reddit much, but yeah, it would be comedy, especially as the the FL and Miami fans taunt them. 

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't look at reddit much, but yeah, it would be comedy, especially as the the FL and Miami fans taunt them. 

I visit the Uconn b-ball forum and FSU reddit. The common denominator of 2 totally unrelated programs is that they’re both totally shunned by the media, and the refs are against them in every game. It’s seriously comical. Obviously this could be said for every fandom of any team ever, but it just makes me laugh. The internet and humans are fascinating.

The committee has to be shitting themselves now. How to squeeze an SEC team into this. Texas beat Bama, and Fsu is undefeated. Decision, decisions!!

56 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

So is there any kind of math involved in establishing the rankings, or is it just about feelings?

I would love it if this league could become clearer. Or you know, make it a real playoff, you lose you're done. 

It's basically about feelings.

And next year will be a 12-team playoff.

7 hours ago, Kalbear said:

It's basically about feelings.

And next year will be a 12-team playoff.

And, this is the first time in the playoff history that it has really mattered.

Most years there are nowhere near four “deserving” teams.

Hell, even going back to the BCS, it was rarely an issue with more than two.

This is going to suck. Not looking forward to the moment they kick out an undefeated conference champ so an SEC team can get in. I will feel so bad for the players who worked their ass off and did everything they were supposed to do.

(They're better off including FSU).

Edited by Mexal

35 minutes ago, Mexal said:

This is going to suck. Not looking forward to the moment they kick out an undefeated conference champ so an SEC team can get in. I will feel so bad for the players who worked their ass off and did everything they were supposed to do.

(They're better off including FSU).

I don’t see it as any different than the year Cincinnati basketball was having an amazing season, only for Kenyon Martin to break his leg just before selection Sunday.

That committee rightly recognized that the team was no longer the same one that had been so dominant and dropped them a couple seed lines.

They lost.  As expected when they didn’t have their best player.

If Jordan Travis was healthy, absolutely FSU should be in.  But with Tate Rodemaker or the kid from last night?!!? That team is barely top ten.

11 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I don’t see it as any different than the year Cincinnati basketball was having an amazing season, only for Kenyon Martin to break his leg just before selection Sunday.

That committee rightly recognized that the team was no longer the same one that had been so dominant and dropped them a couple seed lines.

They lost.  As expected when they didn’t have their best player.

If Jordan Travis was healthy, absolutely FSU should be in.  But with Tate Rodemaker or the kid from last night?!!? That team is barely top ten.

I get your logic but there are 50 kids on that team that have worked their ass off to put FSU in this position. They played the games, they won the games. Just because one kid got injured, it shouldn't take away all that everyone else has earned. That defense is as legit as they come and their skill players are legit on offense. They deserve the shot. As they say, that's why you play the games and every game they've played, they've won. Committee shouldn't take it away from the kids.