2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

Was a great game to watch as a Michigan fan. I didn't feel comfortable until Sanristil made that last pick. Just felt like another Michigan post season let down was coming.  I did see a couple holds that should have been called against us but that stuff happens every game.

I also wonder about Penix draft stock. He struggled and made some throws that made no sense. He was basically just chucking the ball up and hoping his all world receivers would catch it. All that and Michigan didn't really hit him that much, IMO.  

20 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I also wonder about Penix draft stock. He struggled and made some throws that made no sense. He was basically just chucking the ball up and hoping his all world receivers would catch it. All that and Michigan didn't really hit him that much, IMO.  

I mentioned this in the other thread. He was pressured more than you're suggesting, but he also missed a lot of wide open throws (and there were also some key drops). Washington had a chance for a bit when it hung at 20-13, however after it became a two score game Michigan ran it down their throats as expected and Penix couldn't do anything. 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I mentioned this in the other thread. He was pressured more than you're suggesting, but he also missed a lot of wide open throws (and there were also some key drops). Washington had a chance for a bit when it hung at 20-13, however after it became a two score game Michigan ran it down their throats as expected and Penix couldn't do anything. 

When I was watching it I was having flashbacks to Nick Mullens this season. He chucks that thing and hopes his receivers catch it. 

I do appreciate the symmetry of the college football playoff V1 start and end:

Pac-12 comes into existence in 2011, goes away in 2023

First college playoff has a Pac-12 North team losing to a Big-10 team by a lot, last one has a Pac-12 North team losing to a Big-10 team by a lot

Florida State gets absolutely historically stomped in a bowl game in 2014 after going undefeated thanks to an easy schedule, Florida State gets absolutely historically stomped in a bowl game in 2023 after going undefeated thanks to an easy schedule. 

Good work, college football writers!

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm guessing you're okay with that.  :lol: 

It's not the worst news. Lanning staying and the coach who could somehow always beat Oregon by 3 points and setting uw back is all good news.

1 hour ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I don't envy him one bit. He has some MASSIVE shoes to fill. 

It's a legendarily stupid move by Deboer. 

Both Saban and Belichick leaving is a good thing from my perspective due to my annoyance over one dominant team/program winning 'it all" like 9 of every 10 seasons.

Gotta have a healthy competition to bring out the best in every sport, alternatively its a bunch blowouts and the happy few with the rest of the country left out, not a fan of that.

So good riddance you nasty GOATS, you were too good:D

11 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I don't envy him one bit. He has some MASSIVE shoes to fill. 

I wonder if Lanning or some of the other reported guys ahead of Deboer figure they’d rather be the guy that replaces the guy who replaced Saban.

• 1 month later...