U.S politics: You got knocked the Warnocked out:

Varysblackfyre321

First person to mention Jan 6 and key outlines of the plan in these texts was  Don Jr.

Inside Team Trump’s Chaotic Attempts To Overturn The 2020 Vote In Georgia
By Hunter Walker, Josh Kovensky, Kaila Philo and Emine Yücel | December 13, 2022 5:27 p.m

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/inside-team-trumps-chaotic-attempts-to-overturn-the-2020-vote-in-georgia

ust amazing to me that first person to mention Jan 6 and key outlines of the plan in any of these texts was none other than Don Jr.

Inside Team Trump’s Chaotic Attempts To Overturn The 2020 Vote In Georgia
By Hunter Walker, Josh Kovensky, Kaila Philo and Emine Yücel | December 13, 2022 5:27 p.m.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/feature/inside-team-trumps-chaotic-attempts-to-overturn-the-2020-vote-in-georgia

.... During the first few days after the election, ideas about how to manipulate the results in Georgia poured into Meadows’ phone. On Nov. 5, the same day Meadows reached out to Harbin, Donald Trump Jr., the president’s son, sent a message about using state legislatures to reject the certification of the results. Don Jr.’s text was the first one in the logs to explicitly mention Jan. 6, 2021, the date when the Electoral College vote would be certified on Capitol Hill. ....

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, this may be the electorate that rejected Trump in 2020 (and 2018, and 2022), but in the SAME election Republicans picked up 14 seats in the House.  The electorate is not only extremely polarized, it's also extremely evenly divided.

Moreover, in regards to the environment, Biden is currently riding high after a historically successful midterm - in addition to a historically successful 117th Congress.  And yet according to 538's aggregate, his approval is still only at 42%.  Presidents simply don't get reelected with 42% approval.  They also almost always don't get reelected under bad economies.  Obama may have transcended that, but do you really think Biden will be able to?

I'm not sure how anyone won't be able to, frankly.

I could be out of touch, but I don't know. Yeah it's a US election, but few amongst the international community didn't warn that the consequences of sanctions, much less the war, were prices we could do. The commodity market does the commodity market. Covid. The slowdown. Measures taken. Sorta. Russia invades Ukraine. Covid again. Corporations that had cut back and trimmed as much as they legally could are now are making obscene profit, no, you don't say [general you]      

It's unfathomable, Republican hands at the wheel in the US with everything going on. 

But you think that's possible on another Biden ticket? For real? 

22 hours ago, DMC said:

Nah, she isn't.  Among the top ten candidates this cycle, she ranks tenth.  Still impressively high, of course, but McCarthy outraised her over 2 to 1.  Should also be noted that her Democratic opponent (Marcus Flowers) outraised her, even though she still won in a blowout.  Which I suppose you could argue means she's the "biggest fundraiser" in that she generates more money for the Democrats than the Republicans.

Hm, maybe it was last year, but I swear there was a time when she was no. 2!

16 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Be burdened by these fears no longer, Son of Maans. For the goodnessness and happiableisticity of each moment is found within itself.

As for Unutuu... 

What, you think that because we're both U's we know each other? 

Find a mirror, brother. Find a mirror... :crying:

:P

A savage cut.

Oh.

Unutuu is the sea of forgetfulness. It awaits at the bottom of Time. While the Seaking rules every ocean throughout the whirls of creation. 

Ubaluta who hasn't heard of Unutuu.

[narrows eyes]

13 minutes ago, JGP said:

But you think that's possible on another Biden ticket? For real? 

I think if Biden's approval is in the low 40s and/or the economy is bad (albeit "bad" is a vague description, granted), Biden almost certainly loses reelection to anyone but Trump, yes.

1 minute ago, Mindwalker said:

Hm, maybe it was last year, but I swear there was a time when she was no. 2!

I don't think she's ever been number two, but it's possible at some point during the cycle someone said as much and was discounting the leadership (e.g. Pelosi, McCarthy, and Scalise).  Like, maybe one quarter she raised the second most outside of those three -- or maybe just among Republicans.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think if Biden's approval is in the low 40s and/or the economy is bad (albeit "bad" is a vague description, granted), Biden almost certainly loses reelection to anyone but Trump, yes.

I find that remarkable. Even after being reminded, do you think anyone is like to forget RvW? The shootings. The hate. Everything else. Just on and on. 

Looks more like a moral vs economic choice to me. Same as last.

Going to be something.

2 minutes ago, JGP said:

I find that remarkable. Even after being reminded, do you think anyone is like to forget RvW? The shootings. The hate. Everything else. Just on and on. 

I think it's going to be very difficult for Roe to be as significant as an election issue two years from now, yes.  OTOH, the Dems don't really need it to be.  Its value was in galvanizing turnout - during a midterm.  The way things are going I'm not too worried about turnout in a presidential cycle.  As for the shootings and the hate, that's just America status quo baby!

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think it's going to be very difficult for Roe to be as significant as an election issue two years from now, yes.  OTOH, the Dems don't really need it to be.  Its value was in galvanizing turnout - during a midterm.  The way things are going I'm not too worried about turnout in a presidential cycle.  As for the shootings and the hate, that's just America status quo baby!

Hmn.

2 hours ago, JGP said:

He'd have to seriously down tune his bend on policy nationwide, and how do you reconcile that? The segment you're discussing exist in every nation I think, but in the US the midterms put paid to that. For now. Now's when you punch down and hammer through every good you can. As much as you can. Now would be a great time for national legislation about guaranteed paid time off, and make sure it's inclusive of freelancers and contractors. 

Go totally pinko and drive them wild lol 

Gentlemens' bet that Desantis is a national, Republican brick if say, Trump were to have an unfortunate coronary event or something?   

I hope you’re right.  I hope DeSantis sucks nationally.  I’m hearing far too many “traditional” Republicans liking him as being “Trump policies” without “Trump liabilities”.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Not seeing a lot of calls for Sotomeyer and Kagan to retire yet. They’re both in their 60s and Sotomeyer is a diabetic.

Maybe if you're overworried about Sotomayor's health I could see asking her to consider it, but there's absolutely no reason to call for Kagan's resignation.  She's only 62.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Maybe if you're overworried about Sotomayor's health I could see asking her to consider it, but there's absolutely no reason to call for Kagan's resignation.  She's only 62.

There’s no telling after 2024 when a democrat will have a chance to get in a position to replace them.

I’d rather have two spry late  middle age people progressives replace them now rather than some Scalia clone.

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I hope you’re right.  I hope DeSantis sucks nationally.  I’m hearing far too many “traditional” Republicans liking him as being “Trump policies” without “Trump liabilities”.

Just call it what it is, they like fascist assholes. 

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

There’s no telling after 2024 when a democrat will have a chance to get in a position to replace them.

I’d rather have two spry late  middle age people progressives replace them now rather than some Scalia clone.

You could say this literally all the time.  Kagan is only ten years older than KBJ, so frankly I'd say she's still in the range of "spry late middle age progressives."  Actuarially she obviously should have at least about 15 years left, so how remote to you want SC justices to retire?  It's a ridiculous request.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

You could say this literally all the time. 

I can and I will.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Kagan is only ten years older than KBJ, so frankly I'd say she's still in the range of "spry late middle age progressives."

That’s not an insignificant difference.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Actuarially she obviously should have at least about 15 years left, so how remote to you want SC justices to retire? 

When she’s pushing close to 80 or in her 80s?

You do understand the average life expectancy for women is 73 right?

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

It's a ridiculous request.

One that doesn’t have any hard drawbacks

1 minute ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

You do understand the average life expectancy for women is 73 right?

No, it's not.  In the US it's about 77 for all Americans, 80 for women.

Again, it's ridiculous overworrying, not to mention offensive and bordering on ageism.  

26 minutes ago, DMC said:

You could say this literally all the time.  Kagan is only ten years older than KBJ, so frankly I'd say she's still in the range of "spry late middle age progressives."  Actuarially she obviously should have at least about 15 years left, so how remote to you want SC justices to retire?  It's a ridiculous request.

Unless the structure/terms of the court changes it seems like the practical thing to do would be to replace any justices over 45 you can when you have the Senate and presidency.  Maybe start nominating based on life expectancy.  Probably good to get them each a couple of daily blood donors and start cloning organs

I'd say replace all three liberal justices with the healthiest and youngest people you can.  Maybe look into some kind of hibernation/cryogenics program so they can just wake them up for oral arguments and expand the role of clerks (who are obviously disposable).  

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

No, it's not.  In the US it's about 77 for all Americans, 80 for women.

I stand corrected and apologize for that.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Again, it's ridiculous overworrying, not to mention offensive and bordering on ageism.  

I just don’t think we need to wait until liberal justices are close to or into their 80s in order to urge them to retire.

1 minute ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Unless the structure/terms of the court changes it seems like the practical thing to do would be to replace any justices over 45 you can when you have the Senate and presidency.  Maybe start nominating based on life expectancy.  Probably good to get them each a couple of daily blood donors and 

We shouldn’t have to worry about about another Gorsuc situation in a couple years.

Archived