The Final Fate of the Weasels of the Crossing

King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd

What do you think and what do you hope happens to House Frey by the end of the story.

Personally, i think this will be one of the few times when both line up perfectly. I think AND want House Frey’s extinction. I think the fact that there is an absurd amount of them, the violation of guest right and it’s consequences, and how everyone in Westeros hates them, indicates that they are heading towards utter decimation, and I really truly cannot wait.

Lots of hangings and other executions by the BWB and revengeful Rivermen and northerners, a Red Wedding 2.00 by Lady Stoneheart, and a civil war for inheritance over the Twins, only for the survivors (as there are too many of them) to be stripped of their titles or at least to lose most of what they had while Riverrun goes back to House Tully. 

Some may also be devoured by Nymeria and her super pack. 

Extinction is a bit extreme… We’ve even met Freys who are not at all Frey-ish. 

But all the plotters, betrayers, backstabbers, liars, dishonest, disloyal and just plain arseholes deserve to die screaming. And I believe most will. 
The ones in the North will become bloody popsicles. Literally. And I can hardly wait. 

I expect that every man, woman, and child of the Freys will be massacred, bar a few survivors, who will change their surnames.

Harsh and cruel though that is, in-universe, it would be considered a legitimate response to the Red Wedding.

”Yet, mayhaps it is for the best.  Had the boy lived, he would have grown up to be a Frey.”

I think the Frey family is way too big to be fully wiped out from Red Wedding avengers (if they are killed by the Others or dragons, that is another story).  They will be decimated for sure, and I think that some of the of the "good Freys" (Olyvar comes to mind) will be indiscriminately killed with the rest of them.

I feel like Big Walder Frey will have some importance in the story other than quickly dying: a lot of story was put into the two Stark wards if not.  Maybe with all those in the line of succession ahead of Big Walder falling like flies, he'll soon be the heir of the Twins.  Not that any Freys will be ruling at the Twins for long, even if some of them do survive.

What I hope happens is that Raynald Westerling miraculously survived the river, learns about his mother's diabolical betrayal and joins the Brotherhood, rescues his sister Jeyne from the Lannisters, he and the Blackfish convince the Brotherhood to be serve justice rather than vengeance, and they sort out the good Freys from the bad... but that's not going to happen.

I think Jon, by design, executes and kills enough of them to make Big Walder Lord and they see it out. Big Walder is capable and smart enough to recognise his long term self interest, so Jon will be able to trust in that. As in when Big Walder sees Jon constantly executing rebel lords without mercy, Big Walder will know not to cross him.

4 hours ago, James Steller said:

There's a few Freys that I think might deserve some mercy. Most if not all of the women including Roslin, Perwyn, Olyvar, Alesander, Big Walder, and maybe the youngest Freys like Elmar. 

Probably not Big Walder, though he may be working for Lady Dustin as she gave him a horse.

8 hours ago, James Steller said:

There's a few Freys that I think might deserve some mercy. Most if not all of the women including Roslin, Perwyn, Olyvar, Alesander, Big Walder, and maybe the youngest Freys like Elmar. 

I forgot about Roslin. I think if she survives the Brotherhood rescuing her and Edmure from the Frey’s then she’ll survive. But I wonder what will happen if Lady Stoneheart is there.

Afterward the gods transformed the cook into a monstrous white rat who could only eat his own young. He had roamed the Nightfort ever since, devouring his children, but still his hunger was not sated. 

The above should be - in some symbolic way - the fate of old Walder and his offspring. But I do not wish for the extinction of the whole family, since, obviously, not all of them were involved in the horrible crime of breaking guest right. I suppose they will lose their castle though, and the surviving Freys will be scattered in the realm.  

1 hour ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I forgot about Roslin. I think if she survives the Brotherhood rescuing her and Edmure from the Frey’s then she’ll survive. But I wonder what will happen if Lady Stoneheart is there.

The BWB will likely execute Roslin.

1 hour ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I would like it if Roslin, Edmure and their child (children) could eventually live a normal family life, which would somehow prove that this marriage into their overlord's house (a great favour for House Frey in normal circumstances) is what saves at least the Frey bloodline in the Riverlands.

10 hours ago, SeanF said:

The BWB will likely execute Roslin.

Will they? She's lady Roslin Tully now, wife to the Lord of Riverrun. And if she's pregnant, she'll be carrying the future Lord of Riverrun.

Anyone who's interested in Roslin might enjoy my own ideas about her:

4 minutes ago, Aebram said:

Will they? She's lady Roslin Tully now, wife to the Lord of Riverrun. And if she's pregnant, she'll be carrying the future Lord of Riverrun.

Anyone who's interested in Roslin might enjoy my own ideas about her:

Hmm. Genna is the current lady of Riverrun, no?

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Hmm. Genna is the current lady of Riverrun, no?

Oops, yes, that is true... for now.

But Edmure is still a Tully, and the Brotherhood is pro-Tully. It seems unlikely that Lady Stoneheart will order the killing of her own brother, his wife, and possibly her future nephew.

9 minutes ago, Aebram said:

Oops, yes, that is true... for now.

But Edmure is still a Tully, and the Brotherhood is pro-Tully. It seems unlikely that Lady Stoneheart will order the killing of her own brother, his wife, and possibly her future nephew.

I agree, sort of. I don’t believe Genna is going to remain Lady of Riverrun much longer, and I definitely believe the BwB will play a big part in that. That said, I’m not sure how much LSH has it in her to care for anything other than vengeance at this point. Granted, we’re not in her head - and thank god for that - like we were in Cat’s. So we don’t really know what level of acknowledgment of anything, if any, she has. I tend to agree that she wouldn’t kill Edmure and Roslin and a possible nephew/niece, but I’m not sure this is not just wishful thinking on my part. 

Archived