Football: A League United

polishgenius

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

VAR is a cruel mistress to Arsenal. 

VAR is fucking stupid. Saka taken down while he's goal side and ball is being crossed to him but Ben White's 3 fingers on a hand that's never going to be used is enough to rule a goal out. It's hilarious if it wasn't so tiresome.

13 minutes ago, Mexal said:

VAR is fucking stupid. Saka taken down while he's goal side and ball is being crossed to him but Ben White's 3 fingers on a hand that's never going to be used is enough to rule a goal out. It's hilarious if it wasn't so tiresome.

Yeah that was a pretty rough sequence. I thought both were fouls for what it's worth.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah that was a pretty rough sequence. I thought both were fouls for what it's worth.

It’s Arsenal. It’s a sequence I’ve seen many times so far this season and that the FA has admitted to. I expect to see it many more. It’s just tiresome this subjected and inconsistent VAR involvement is. Totally ruining the game.

28 minutes ago, Mexal said:

It’s Arsenal. It’s a sequence I’ve seen many times so far this season and that the FA has admitted to. I expect to see it many more. It’s just tiresome this subjected and inconsistent VAR involvement is. Totally ruining the game.

Don't moan too much while atop the table. 

That said, there's a real problem across many sports with replay/review and overall officiating. Given how leagues across the world are partnering with various gambling sites, maybe we should collectively demand better systems to be put in place to get things right without needlessly interfering with the flow of the game. 

Villa have come out on top, but both them and Everton are a real testament on the difference a real coach makes. Watkins looks like an excellent striker again after some time looking completely lost, Buendia looks like the player I was hyping up a few years ago, etc, but on Everton's side too. McNeil looked crushed earlier in the season, today he was full of confidence and linking great with Mykalenko. Doucoure too, different player. 

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don't moan too much while atop the table.

We'll do what we want, thanks.

Need to put these games to bed so we can get some subs on.

Tired of talking about VAR & refs, though it is frustrating yet so very boring after the stuff we've put up with this season.

Think both Trossard & Jorginho have been astute signings.

We move.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Villa have come out on top, but both them and Everton are a real testament on the difference a real coach makes. Watkins looks like an excellent striker again after some time looking completely lost, Buendia looks like the player I was hyping up a few years ago, etc, but on Everton's side too. McNeil looked crushed earlier in the season, today he was full of confidence and linking great with Mykalenko. Doucoure too, different player. 

All we need now is a striker that's slightly better than Maupay/Short.

I don't really think that's asking too much.

Thought Arsenal lost a lot of control when they took Trossard off. He was doing quite a bit of hold up work that Eddie just doesn't do. Also would like to see Arteta make some more positive changes like bringing in ESR/Viera, especially the former. ESR running with the ball at his feet was so needed.

1 minute ago, Raja said:

Doucoure has always been class.

He has, but Lampard didn't know what he was doing with him at all. I think iirc that both Benitez and even to some extent Ancelloti used him more defensively than is really ideal, but Lampard I think just thought he was a DM or something. 

4 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

All we need now is a striker that's slightly better than Maupay/Short.

I don't really think that's asking too much.

Was kind of telling that Dyche had McNeil-  who is hardly a big finisher himself- on 'run off the shoulder of the defenders' duties more than Maupay. 

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He has, but Lampard didn't know what he was doing with him at all. I think iirc that both Benitez and even to some extent Ancelloti used him more defensively than is really ideal, but Lampard I think just thought he was a DM or something.

Totally forgot benitez was at that club. Everton are strange.

Archived