[Spoilers] Rings of Power 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth begins

Ser Drewy

12 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

The fall of Numenor is an important event in Middle Earth, Sauron became the priest of an evil cult in Numenor and he convinced the King to gain immortality by attacking Valinor and the Valar accused to be the ones that cursed the Men with death, actually Sauron wanted to get rid of Numenoreans that were too powerful so he would be free to take Middle Earth, then Eru Iluvatar destroyed Numenor.
The destruction of Numenor is important, his first king was Elros , Elron brother and son of  Earendil , who was the hero that killed Ancalagon the Black during the War of Wrath.
After the event, Sauron was no longer able to change his form, he was a skilled shapeshifter who used his fair forms to seduce and deceive elves and men, he was known as Tar Mairon in Numenor and Annatar among the Elves, when Finrod was still alive he was able to turn himself into a werewolf, in fact Sauron generated the werewolves by inserting evil spirits into beasts.
Sauron was not able to create stuff, just like his former Master, he was able to corrupt beings , that's why he needed the creativity of Celebrimbor, who was the grandson of Feanor, the most powerful Noldor that ever existed , so "the search for Sauron" has no sense , it's a product conceived by bad weiting and ignorance

^These wiki entries are "nice" to read, even if infused with incorrect assumptions and conclusions.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

^These wiki entries are "nice" to read, even if infused with incorrect assumptions and conclusions.

There is no wiki, I read Tolkien works , unlike Melkor, Sauron wanted to dominate life, especially the will of elves that he considered the most powerful beings , he was not able to create the three rings for the kings of elves , those were the most important rings he wished to take possession, so the conclusions are not incorrect at all , Sauron was no able to create something like that , just the Master Ring that is part of himself and his desire to dominate life

3 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

There is no wiki, I read Tolkien works , unlike Melkor, Sauron wanted to dominate life, especially the will of elves that he considered the most powerful beings , he was not able to create the three rings for the kings of elves , those were the most important rings he wished to take possession, so the conclusions are not incorrect at all , Sauron was no able to create something like that , just the Master Ring that is part of himself and his desire to dominate life

Sauron first went to Gil-Galad and Círdan, tried to woo them, but couldn't. They didn't know anything about the making of rings. If they would have been persuaded by him, his "gifts" would have been something else. a different conduit of corruption. But with the Elves of Eregion, it was jewelry. And making the Master Ring is making something, even if he poured his own essence into it. Plus Sauron was originally a Maia of Aulë, so he knew how to make things. 

And Melkor made things, too. It's not like the fortresses of Utumno and Angband built themselves. And he made the dragons. 

5 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

And the typos. Don't forget the typos. And weird spacing. 

15 minutes ago, KingAerys_II said:

It's just knowledge about best fantasy books ever written by the best fantasy writer 

"It's knowledge of some of my favorite fantasy books ever by my favorite fantasy writer."

Fixed it for you. Because art and taste is a subjective and personal experience and not a rigorous science. 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:15 AM, IlyaP said:

**The Dungeons and Dragons direct-to-DVD movie sequels enter the chat.**

Aw, the second movie is enjoyable schlock. It's far more D&D than anything in the first or third movies, but now that there's an actual decent D&D movie out I guess there's really no reason to defend it much anymore.

But.... ehhhh I guess?

3 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Aw, the second movie is enjoyable schlock. It's far more D&D than anything in the first or third movies, but now that there's an actual decent D&D movie out I guess there's really no reason to defend it much anymore.

But.... ehhhh I guess?

And it has music composed by David Julyan, who scored The Prestige! 

It's a pretty okayish movie, though I enjoy the first D&D movie and the latest one more. 

But at least it didn't have Marlon Wayans doing that weird Wilhelm Scream of a schtick that he did way too often in D&D 1. So I'll give it that. 

Just now, IlyaP said:

And it has music composed by David Julyan, who scored The Prestige! 

It's a pretty okayish movie, though I enjoy the first D&D movie and the latest one more. 

Fair enough. The second movie certainly doesn't have Jeremy Irons hucking all of the scenery into his Bag of Devouring, but the first is not a very good D&D movie at all. It's fun if you view it as a schlocky bit of generic fantasy, but D&D? There's really not all that much in it that's D&D.

I do love me some terrible, 80's fantasy movie schlock but there's a lot of that out there and very little actual D&D-flavored fantasy schlock.

But at least it didn't have Marlon Wayans doing that weird Wilhelm Scream of a schtick that he did way too often in D&D 1. So I'll give it that. 

Was I supposed to cheer when he died? I feel like the movie was trying to tell me that was the wrong reaction.

1 hour ago, Durckad said:

Fair enough. The second movie certainly doesn't have Jeremy Irons hucking all of the scenery into his Bag of Devouring, but the first is not a very good D&D movie at all. It's fun if you view it as a schlocky bit of generic fantasy, but D&D? There's really not all that much in it that's D&D.

I kinda ignore it having anything to do with D&D and just roll with it as being a goofy, two-hour low-fantasy movie with an absolute knockout score from Justin Cain Burnett. 

I do love me some terrible, 80's fantasy movie schlock but there's a lot of that out there and very little actual D&D-flavored fantasy schlock.

There was the cartoon, and that *dreadful* Tom Hanks movie, but the less said about that, the better, as both are honestly pretty awful and haven't aged very well. 

Was I supposed to cheer when he died? I feel like the movie was trying to tell me that was the wrong reaction.

I think that was *definitely* the wrong reaction, you psycho! :D I kid, I kid! I really don't know WTF they were thinking with his character. Was there anyone out there who didn't find Snails' behaviour grating and annoying? I know they had the best of intentions, but ye gods...

The strong indipendent woman that is actually weaker than the canonic character who has a family, a husband , a daughter and probably grandchildren too .

The strong indipendent woman that is so alone she is obsessed to her brother that actually died thousands years before the Rings of Power

Edited by KingAerys_II