Football: Lamping on towards the finish line.

Well, not impressive, but decent. Given how the three of them turned out, he should have done better there too.

Anyway, the big story of the day is of course Bryne FK beating Mjøndalen at home 2-1. After seven matches, we're on 2-3-2 and mid-table. Though, this being the second tier, there's three points down to qualifying for tier three and three points up to qualifying for tier one...

Meh, 0-0. Draw worst of all worlds.

Loss would've been fine to give Düsseldorf a shot of finishing third ahead of mordor.

Win would have been better giving us a shot at finishing third.

Draw is just not gonna cut it for neither Düsseldorf, nor us.

8 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Meh, 0-0. Draw worst of all worlds.

Loss would've been fine to give Düsseldorf a shot of finishing third ahead of mordor.

Win would have been better giving us a shot at finishing third.

Draw is just not gonna cut it for neither Düsseldorf, nor us.

which team are you rooting for, again ?

So points of any kind would be fantastic for Everton from this game but I think the really important thing is to not get battered and ruin their goal difference. Looks pretty good on that front at least so far.

ETA: Good goal that.

ETA2: Okay, I might have jinxed Everton here.

Edited by ljkeane

First one is great play from Gündogan. That finish is hard to pull off. 

Second one, we switch off. Not good at all. 

General point: there is no point in Mason Holgate, or if there is, I fail to see it. We've had him at the club since 2015, so he's had quite a bit of time to show he can play consistently at a high level. He's so far showed he's consistently on a low level. How much longer do we have to endure that, I wonder?

ETA: Oh, and we've given up. Maupay on, a player with less point to him that Holgate. Complete waste of space. 

Edited by Rorschach - 2

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

And Caicedo's tackle was just as worthy of a yellow. 

Not really just as worthy, I’d have no problem with Martinelli’s being a red. That’s nasty and twating someone in the head is genuinely dangerous. Football really needs to start taking stuff like that more seriously.

Caicedo has deliberately left something on Martinelli and should have got a yellow though, yes.

7 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Not really just as worthy, I’d have no problem with Martinelli’s being a red. That’s nasty and twating someone in the head is genuinely dangerous. Football really needs to start taking stuff like that more seriously.

Caicedo has deliberately left something on Martinelli and should have got a yellow though, yes.

I agree. But the problem is, the PGMOL seems to have decreed that shoulder-first challenges are perfectly fine. At least they're being consistent. 

Edited by Spockydog

I know it's not an easy job but in all seriousness refereeing performances like this are how matches spiral out of control. Madley doesn't give Martinelli a card for clearly nasty challenge so Caicedo decides to take matters into his own hands and also doesn't get a yellow and Martinelli's had to leave game injured. Top that off with actually giving Estupinian a yellow for not a lot at all it's not hard to see someone losing their rag.

ETA: Or you know, just read the post above mine.

Edited by ljkeane