Football: Lamping on towards the finish line.

Can't be too hard on the team after this season - conceded a pretty soft goal after Kiwior goes down, don't think there was much between the teams till then and then you're chasing the game.

Defo lost a lot of the way we play by not having Zinny inverting.

Brighton do play some lovely football. If they had better depth, they'd probably have finished in the top 4. Too bad they're likely to lose both Mac Allister and Caicedo. They've done a great job in the transfer market thus far but constantly having to sell your top players eventually catches up to a club like Brighton.

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So Brighton is putting pressure on Liverpool for the EL spot.

Doesn't really matter to be honest. As BFC says we need to win out to have a chance of making the Champions League spot and if we do we'll finish above Brighton. If we don't then I'm not that fussed about the Europa League. Brighton playing well is probably a good thing for us as we could do with them beating Newcastle.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't think Liverpool are out I'd the CL running if they win their last 3. 

Maybe not. But either United team still has one game to lose, before things gets interesting. With just 3 games remaining it's just too little time.

Newcastle need 5 points (thanks to their GD) to stay in the CL spots. Brighton could add some drama there on Thursday, but then it's just Leicester and Chelsea. If you can't get 5 points+ there, you really don't deserve CL football.

Manchester need 6 points. Bournemouth, Chelsea (again) and Fulham are their final games. Not sure, where they are supposed to not find two wins. Bournemouth and Fulham have nothing left to play, neither have Chelsea, and they have Lampard on top of it. 

16 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Brighton do play some lovely football. If they had better depth, they'd probably have finished in the top 4. Too bad they're likely to lose both Mac Allister and Caicedo. They've done a great job in the transfer market thus far but constantly having to sell your top players eventually catches up to a club like Brighton.

On that front do you think they'll sell both of them? Part of the deal with attracting players to clubs like Brighton is that they're reasonable about letting players move on once they've done well but my understanding is they both have a decent amount left on their contracts. I'd have thought they'll probably want to cover the cost of their summer business by selling one (probably Mac Allister since he's older) and look to hold onto the other for another season.

40 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

On that front do you think they'll sell both of them? Part of the deal with attracting players to clubs like Brighton is that they're reasonable about letting players move on once they've done well but my understanding is they both have a decent amount left on their contracts. I'd have thought they'll probably want to cover the cost of their summer business by selling one (probably Mac Allister since he's older) and look to hold onto the other for another season.

I think Mac Allister will leave. Caicedo is a bit less certain but if a bid comes in, I wouldn't be surprised if he forces the issue. Afterall, he did try to force a move in January.