The Silver Queen and the Weirwolves

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2023 at 7:27 PM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

The Silver Queen versus the weirwolves is one of A Song of Ice and Fire's motifs.  Silver is the one element which reliably kills werewolves.  It follows and reinforces the more obvious theme of Fire and Ice battling each other.  Opposing elements, opposing families, fighting each other. 

Daenerys Targaryen rides the Silver horse, has silver-blonde hair.  She is the Silver Lady in the early pages of A Game of Thrones.  Roose Bolton betrayed Robb Stark for silver.  Silver will be the downfall of the Starks.  Weirwood is the antagonistic elemental to the dragons.  Since the Valyrians ruled the western end of Essos it is understandable why they would cut down all of those weirwoods.  Humans relocated to Westeros and felled the weirwoods. 

The Starks are slowly accepting their primitive, brutal history.  In my opinion, the Starks will be Direwolves in the end.  DW are the more primitive of the wolves. 

We the men of the Watch have executed Jon with our daggers.  Dany and Drogon will have to dispatch the remaining Starks. 

On 8/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, csuszka1948 said:

Yes, the alliance of the Starks and Northerners with the Others should be obvious, they are the 'Ice' in the title of the series, while Daenerys and her dragons are the 'Fire'.

GRRM doesn't want to reveal this huge twist yet, but he lays it quite thick when he talks about what Ice and Fire represent for him:

"I mean... Fire is love, fire is passion, fire is sexual ardor and all of these things. Ice is betrayal, ice is revenge, ice is… you know, that kind of cold inhumanity and all that stuff is being played out in the books."

Daenerys and the dragons represents freedom, love, passion, in general attributed to humanity. She suffered all her life and still strives to make the world better.

The Starks and the Others represent betrayal, revenge, in general cold inhumanity. They respond to the suffering the have gone through by delving deeper and deeper into their desires for revenge. Jon has betrayed his vows to sate his desire for vengeance, Bran possesses another human being and tries to justify it to himself - treating him in an inhumane way, while Arya wants to become a faceless (inhuman) killer. Sansa is known to be an unreliable POV (the author said it herself) and she hides her hidden desires even from herself at the moment. Still, at the end they will all choose to side with the Others to get their revenge.

I dunno if you're serious here. Hopefully this is just another merry example of mocking people who cherry-pick GRRM's statements, not an act of cherry-picking.

• 4 months later...
On 5/31/2023 at 11:04 AM, Aerodimas said:

The last book was going to be named a time for wolves, i doubt that all the starks will die.

Bran will live under the tree. I think Sansa, Jon, and Arya will die. Rickon will join the wildlings. Winterfell will burn down. 

On 9/19/2023 at 2:38 AM, Bowen Marsh said:

We the men of the Watch have executed Jon with our daggers.  Dany and Drogon will have to dispatch the remaining Starks. 

Best be ready for when Jon Snow gets brought back by the White Walkers. Get rid of Ghost. 

13 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Best be ready for when Jon Snow gets brought back by the White Walkers.

When before have the Others ever raised a person on the other side of the Wall?  When before has an Other-raised wight been anything other than a mindless, speechless zombie that one must "be ready for"? 

Get rid of Ghost. 

Nah, Ghost is a good boy.  It is the fire-demon weapons of mass destruction who are eating small children and setting fire to Meereen that should be gotten rid of.

White Walkers

Just FYI, not once are the Others ever referred to as "White Walkers" (capitalized) in the entire book series, and only a few times are they called "white walkers" (lower case).  "White Walkers" is show terminology.  It's almost like all these Daenerys-worshipping anti-Stark theories and predictions are not based on the actual books.

On 9/19/2023 at 8:22 AM, SaffronLady said:

I dunno if you're serious here. Hopefully this is just another merry example of mocking people who cherry-pick GRRM's statements, not an act of cherry-picking.

I’m certain that the poster is joking.

I do think fire is in general, more positive than ice.  The Others are a couple of orders of magnitude more dangerous than any dragon.

You should always beware the person who goes white with anger more than the one who goes red.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 8:10 AM, csuszka1948 said:

That's why the common saying 'there must always be a Stark in Winterfell' is often misunderstood: it means that the presence of a Stark in Winterfell is necessary to prevent the Starks succumbing to their inhumanity, Winterfell's hot springs keep these desires in check.

Jon and Arya have already succumbed to their inhumanity.  Winterfell is a place of evil.  It would be fitting if the black rock, the one worshipped by the Bloodstone Emperor, is the foundation of the castle. 

• 1 month later...

The saying there must always be a Stark in Winterfell has an evil intent. It is not to do good things but to tend the weirwood tree in the Winterfell garden.  Tend does not mean watering and spreading compost in this context.  It means Starks offering sacrifices to the tree.  The other saying Winter is Coming sounds like a boast similar to Hear Me Roar.  It means the Starks are bringing winter, death, and darkness to the realm.