Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

6 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I popped back on my Druid last night after mostly going back to PD2. As ARPGs often seem to, I was rewarded with the Werebear hat that allows my generator to be ranged. Since we want our Pulverize and Shockwave blast to overlap on single target, it's far easier to position at the awkward ~5 yards away for my DPS.

I would really like to try out a Shred build as it can be crazy fast with epic loot, and at least passable with building block gear. Not sure if I'll get there before Season 1 - i expect to main as a Druid again then.

Sure hope we get a plethora of changes and new content though. Very unenthused by the itemization and 65 to 100 feeling empty.

I'm lvl 17 now on my peat moss gargler in Nightmare TII. And fuck it, straight up tornado-wolf-trample twink from go. No Aspects, none of the shit. Switched out my generator to Wind Shear though. Least until I level up some. I like having a [kinda] caster alt.

[I'm sure I'll start thinking about alternative builds as soon as I get something that can power me up, if it doesn't immediately compliment this one]

Edited by JGP

Update:

Earth Spike is 1000% [x] Better than Wind Shear, but sweet baby jesus does Druid have resource issues. Funish so far, however; just did the Tchort fight and that was rough [which precipitated the change in basic, the chance to stun on ES was an actual life saver]

Presumably this gets better [of course it does] but especially resource gen or nah?

Anyway, run animation may be kind of goofy but the Druid Evade is straight from the Ministry of Funny Dodges or something lol

Edited by JGP

Though I'm aware Tornado gets uber strong down the line, it ain't now.

I've gotten one Leg with the Earthen Bulwark Aspect., but resource was such an issue I changed it up to full Shapeshifter [excepting for Earthen Bulwark]

Basic: Claw with dot;  for Core: Shred with dot. Then Trample with 150% [x] bonus dmg on the first enemy hit [diminshing after that] + Unstoppable; Earthen Bulwark with Fortify + another Unstoppable; Debilitating Roar with Fortify and Slow, and last, Rabies with +30% [x] dmg at full duration + the Infectious mod [a dot with a spread mechanic, omg]

Got several points into passives, resource gen when turning back to human form, +dmg when changing forms, poison slow, poisoned enemies take +30% [x] crit dmg, and werewolf skills apply % of their direct dmg as another poison dot if they crit. Will be skipping an Ultimate ability but definitely taking the Ursine Strength Key Passive for attack speed after werewolf form expires and % [x] dmg after werebear expires. 

I went from having to be careful in TII [still, only lvl 24] to absolutely tearing through shit. Very fun, and it seems I have yet another another melee dot spec [at least for now] which clearly is my bread and butter. 

Edited by JGP

With the season coming I've definitely decided to stick with Druid, unless they ruin like all of it with nerfs. I got home from my July 4 closing bar shift and gamed a bit with my nice new werebear hat - I'm 78 and doing 45 sigils.  I'm done with him for sure and just gonna casually push my lil barb alt into the 50+ level to enjoy some spin2win game play. 

Playing my amazing classic d2 mod (ProjectDiablo2) now and I just got an Ohm rune drop and was most fired up than anything that happened my last 50 hours of D4. They really need to flesh out some item chasing beyond their atrocious 7 mega-rare uniques. 

Literally millions of hours played worldwide and the world first The Grandfather dropped like 2 days ago. And its not tradeable.  D4 itemization is lame as hell and I truly think they need a colossal revamp if they want seasons to be engaging.

Some guy on reddit just hit his breaking point, and vomitted out his frustrations. Most of them are totes legit. 

1. why is inventory management a big part of the gameplay loop? where is the fun in that?

• why gem stacks to 50 only?

• why is there no loot filters?

• why is it very hard to distinguish between sacred and ancesteral items visually in the inventory?

• why is no multiple sorting method?

• why we have a tab for aspects? couldnt we just use the codex and implement upgrading in it?

2. why teleport to the front of the dungeon instead of into it? why add extra loading screen?

3. what is the problem with keeping the world boss timer up all the time instead of just 30 minutes before spawn? why i have to use 3rd party website to know that?

4. same with helltides timer, why is ther no helltide timer on the map for upcoming helltide and current running helltide? why i have to use 3rd party website to know that?

5. why we have 20+ different consumables instead of combining their effect? (all resistance, bonus damage, defensives, etc..) and make them occupy single slot and remove consumables tab..

6. what are those blue glyphs for?

7. why is there a scroll bar for 4 rows of glyphs?

8. why do we need 6 pages of scrolling to go through talent tree?

9. what is up with paragon board user interface? why lacking simple features like reset per board or full reset?

10. why it doesnt tell you how to upgrade tier for NM key? i had to guess that info

11. why it doesnt tell how to unlock NM key crafting? had to search google to know that info

12. why in the seven blue hells do we not know mobs level per NM key level?

13. why is there maximum number of side quests? whats the point?

14. why is there no info on which side quests we completed and which we did not?

15. why we can craft only 20 items at once?

16. whats the point of emote shrines? what do they even give?

17. horse? who designed the horse gameplay loop?

18. why we don't have loadouts?

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've opened a few of them and haven't gotten shit. So far mining the cheap ones have produced the most item even if I can't get the fucking helm. 

What do you mean you havent gotten shit? As in nothing useful? Cuz those 175 chests are by far the best way to farm gear early on in t3 and t4. I got geared enough to do NMs 6 levels higher than me after about 3 to 4 Helltides. 

Yea. Seems unlikely to be honest but I like the idea. There is a fascinating chain freeze ice shard build I want to try but single target dps isn’t as good once you clear out some stats for uniques/new aspects. Cool build to play and burn through helltides but maybe not as good in nightmare dungeons.

I’m just way too lazy to make all these skills/gear changes to try these, only to change back since it’s not as great for every situation.

Edited by Mexal

2 hours ago, Relic said:

What do you mean you havent gotten shit? As in nothing useful? Cuz those 175 chests are by far the best way to farm gear early on in t3 and t4. I got geared enough to do NMs 6 levels higher than me after about 3 to 4 Helltides. 

In general I'm getting more items from the 75s and while I don't die much in T3, it seems to always happen when I'm so close to 175. The few times I've broken one open have been underwhelming. 

As to the list of frustrations, I think most of that can be cleaned up in the next patch or two.

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

As to the list of frustrations, I think most of that can be cleaned up in the next patch or two.

whoops nevermind

Edited by Relic

A complete teardown and revamp of the UX? Doubtful.  But as pointed out by the redditor, there are dozens of fixes that can and should happen. Many things that D2 and D3 were already doing. I've had fun with the game, but I feel like Blizzactivision will just spoon feed shit like the promised gem/material inventory tab they mentioned bit by bit with each season and a $30 xpack with lots of QoL stuff we've already got in Last Epoch and POE and D2R and D3.

Even the atrocious Wolcen has a more user friendly UI and UX.

(I'm still playing I just think it's a 9/10 one time campaign and a 4/10 extended Diablo experience)

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

For starters more diversity in the late game. 

i misunderstood your previous post. thought you meant helltides

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

i misunderstood your previous post. thought you meant helltides

Nah, the helltides are fine, just had some bad luck with the 175s. I'd love if they added the dungeon from D1 like they did in D3 where you can just keep going down. Rifts and Grifts would be nice. There's just a lot of sameness right now so for me it makes more sense to try each class rather than try to get to a super high level, especially with the season starting soon. I'm not even sure if you can use your current toons or if you have to make new ones.  

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The pain. I had like 10 shards on helltide with only a few minutes left. Some how I got just above 75 and right to a chest with a few seconds left. It was almost opened and then something hit. Ugh. 

Leveling has really slowed down in my late 60s. I'm still on T3 because I can't do anything on 4, but I need to find a way to speed things up.

Will the fucking wolf helmet drop already?!?!? I'll even take the bear one at this point. 

For me, I never went back to tier iii once I got to IV at around level 65. Rather than do nightmares and helltides, I focused on renown so finished up a lot of side quests / aspect dungeons to get the +4 paragon points - have done that for everywhere except Dry Steppes. The combination of that plus upgrades in gear from killing shit has given me a boost in tier iv. I’m level 72 or so now and did fine in helltides and level 22 nightmare dungeons. 

Edited by Mexal

55 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

For starters more diversity in the late game. 

Don’t think that’s really an issue. Sorcerers I guess are a bit pushed into frost (whether that’s ice shards or blizzard) but all the other classes have at least 2-3 viable builds if not more. I play rogue which has at least I think four. (Twisting blades, flurry+rapid fire, penetrating shot, barrage, death trap blades, etc)

Barbs have HotA and whirlwind and rend, druids have multiple builds (pulverize, tornado, bulwark, stormclaw, lightning storm, etc) Necros could also use some help on the non bone skills. If they fixed Blood Lance that would help and improving minions and not making that so dependent on having the ring of mendel.

I’d be happy with more stash space and better sorting. Those are my two main issues right now along with ofc adding more content (both item drops and things to do).

Edited by Arakasi

I do expect blizzard to keep making changes to buff or nerf classes but in this board and others I saw posts a month ago calling the meta solved and saying there was no diversity. But then I read maxroll a lot and follow some of the main guys on YouTube and there is a lot of innovation going on. The new flurry plus rapid fire build looks sweet (using two core skills!) and Infinimist looks fun. Between class options, aspects and uniques there is a lot of funky builds out there to try.

Had no idea they'd done so -because they're not greyed out on my tooltip and I seldom tune in to Dev brainfarts- but two of my better Aspects [Berserk Ripping and Edgemasters] were disabled by Blizz a while ago.

WTF yo