Football: So it begins

Raja

These fucking Glazer cunts just can't make any decision and appear to be trying to sneak Greenwood back into the squad. Reports that they've delayed their decision on Greenwood which was supposed to be announced before the weekend. Apparently they still want to consult some members of our women's team who are still at the WC before making a decision. That's complete bullshit as our women's team have already made their feelings clear on the matter. This reeks of those parasitic cunts attempting to strong-arm our female players into accepting Greenwood's return. No wonder two of our star players have fucked off to Arsenal and Barcelona.

I've just woken up and all this news is hilarious

Also, shows it's more than just agreeing a deal with the club. Gunnerblog reported that one of the reasons arsenal stepped away from Caicedo was all the background work chelsea had done for months with him

Edited by Raja

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

I've just woken up and all this news is hilarious

Also, shows it's more than just agreeing a deal with the club. Gunnerblog reported that one of the reasons arsenal stepped away from Caicedo was all the background work chelsea had done for months with him

He just wants the most money he can get, it has nothing to do with background work. He was fine with Liverpool last night until Chelsea got in touch and offered him bigger wages.

Arsenal were right to go with Rice anyway, mind.

12 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

FSG can fuck off along with their apologists. 

You've made Klopp and the whole club look like complete muppets.

Ffs, they’ve just signed off on a £111 million for a defensive midfielder. They’re not perfect but what exactly is it you want from them?

Bizarre situation all round with Caicedo.

Liverpool have left themselves with no defensive midfielders to start the season so they’re heavily overpaying but, ok, that’s the situation they’ve left themselves in. Who bids £111 million for a player without being confident they’ll sign for you though?

Chelsea on the other hand need numbers in midfield but I wouldn’t say they’re particularly desperate for Caicedo in particular. They’ve already got a £100 million midfielder in Fernandez, they could get a very good player to fill the role next to him in the £50-£80 million bracket. They’ve spent the summer quite reasonably valuing Caicedo at around £80 million, now they’re going to get into a bidding war with Liverpool at obviously inflated prices? Why?

I’m not really sure what Caicedo is hesitating for either. Pretty everyone expects Liverpool to be better than Chelsea this season so it can only be money. But again are Chelsea offering him stupid wages? Why?

2 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

He just wants the most money he can get, it has nothing to do with background work. He was fine with Liverpool last night until Chelsea got in touch and offered him bigger wages.

I just think it's harder when you've got chelsea after him for months & months, he's had terms agreed with Chelsea since May.

Liverpool should just pay the £50m for Lavia and get Andre as well. Neither are immediate solutions but combined would cost less than Caicedo in transfer fee and wages. Lavia looks like he could become top class. Might as well get these high potential targets in while Klopp is still around to develop them. Klopp is a great coach and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns Lavia into a £100m+ player in a couple of years. I've not seen Andre play but some reports I've read about him, he seems to be very highly rated with loads of potential.

It's a nightmare dealing with Caicedo :rolleyes:

Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
7h
Everyone knew about Moisés Caicedo in 2021. The reason Brighton got him was because only they could figure out exactly who his agent was.
nytimes.com
Moisés Caicedo and the Perils of Too Much Interest (Published 2021)
It did not take long for the performances of a 19-year-old in Ecuador to catch the eyes of Europe’s biggest clubs. In soccer’s cutthroat transfer market, they were not the only ones watching.
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
44m
Just to expand on this a little, because who has the time to read stuff these days: when Caicedo was at his first club, Independiente, he was swamped with offers from agents. There were at least half a dozen who claimed to represent him, or to be due a cut of whatever deal.
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
42m
Independiente are a really well-run club, possibly the best-run in South America, but it made it almost impossible for European teams to work out who they had to agree terms with. Every time they thought they had, someone else would appear.
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
35m
Caicedo left Kancha in January, around the time he was trying to move to Arsenal. And then Chelsea. He's now with some people called Fútbol Division. But, interestingly, Kancha launched a legal case* against Caicedo for breach of contract.
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
35m
*It's not entirely clear whether they did this when he left them for his new agency, or previously. Manuel Sierra, Fútbol Division's CEO, has said the case dated back to when he left Independiente. Sierra's said more than once he has "good relations" with Kancha.
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
All of which is to say: Caicedo's representation situation has always been insanely messy and it would be a good working assumption for journalists not to presume they are being briefed in good faith; and what the player himself wants may not be the only consideration.
3:15 PM · Aug 11, 2023
·
Views

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
!!! Brighton, and Paul Barber in particular, previously flagged that he hasn't received 'the best possible advice' from those guiding him. Anyone who has met/worked with Caicedo will testify his character is contrary to all the 'forcing out' behaviour seen previously and now
Quote Tweet
Rory Smith
@RorySmith
·
36m
Replying to @RorySmith
All of which is to say: Caicedo's representation situation has always been insanely messy and it would be a good working assumption for journalists not to presume they are being briefed in good faith; and what the player himself wants may not be the only consideration.
3:49 PM · Aug 11, 2023

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

Apparently Samardzic fired his agent from Raiola's agency, hired his dad, and he tries to get more money from Inter, because West Ham put a last minute offer on the table. I wouldn't be surprised if even after a medical he won't sign and goes to West Ham in the end.

Edited by The Sunland Lord