The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Meanwhile, Bella, aka Damien Antichrist, killed her new stuffed cat in less than a day. 

Oh so Bella is Speedy’s cousin? They do share that surname… And some behaviours? :D

Edited by kissdbyfire

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh so Bella is Speedy’s cousin? They do share that surname… And some behaviours? :D

Problem is Bella would eat Speedy too if you gave her the chance. 

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Problem is Bella would eat Speedy too if you gave her the chance. 

Oh I wouldn’t be too sure. You just have no idea, my friend. You say Bella destroyed her toy? We have no furniture left. I’ve lost count of how many pillows and sheets and pillowcases have been eaten. Don’t get me started on dog beds either. My husband’s bike has only half a seat now, and his helmet has no lining anymore. The other day cleaning the garden I saw the weirdest fucking poo ever; upon close inspection I realised the odd material mixed in the poo was bits of candles. I could go on but I’m sure you get the idea.

So maybe Bella and Speedy would result in mutually assured destruction…
That is, if Speedy is unaccompanied by Shaggy, Wylla, Frodo, Pippin, Merry & Spooky. :eek:

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh I wouldn’t be too sure. You just have no idea, my friend. You say Bella destroyed her toy? We have no furniture left. I’ve lost count of how many pillows and sheets and pillowcases have been eaten. Don’t get me started on dog beds either. My husband’s bike has only half a seat now, and his helmet has no lining anymore. The other day cleaning the garden I saw the weirdest fucking poo ever; upon close inspection I realised the odd material mixed in the poo was bits of candles. I could go on but I’m sure you get the idea.

So maybe Bella and Speedy would result in mutually assured destruction…
That is, if Speedy is unaccompanied by Shaggy, Wylla, Frodo, Pippin, Merry & Spooky. :eek:

Bella is the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My brother who is an Army drill sergeant doesn't really want to go near her and he's seen some shit and is a dog lover. The two vets she's gone to have banned her. She'd fight the entire dog park if we let her. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Bella is the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. My brother who is an Army drill sergeant doesn't really want to go near her and he's seen some shit and is a dog lover. The two vets she's gone to have banned her. She'd fight the entire dog park if we let her. 

Hmmm a challenge... there is no dog that is untrainable, full stop. And that is a professional opinion. ;)

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Hmmm a challenge... there is no dog that is untrainable, full stop. And that is a professional opinion. ;)

Idk, she won't let anyone get close to her that isn't her house humans. She's a rescue, and I think whatever damage that was done to her was too much for her to recover from. 

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk, she won't let anyone get close to her that isn't her house humans. She's a rescue, and I think whatever damage that was done to her was too much for her to recover from. 

Nope, no such thing. There are very challenging cases, sure. But no impossible ones. Or none that I have seen in all these years, and I have seen some crazy deranged aggression like you wouldn't believe it. 

But since she hates strangers, maybe one of her humans should do it. There's no real mystery, all that's needed is patience, some basic nations of positive and negative reinforcement, and above all consistency. 

36 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nope, no such thing. There are very challenging cases, sure. But no impossible ones. Or none that I have seen in all these years, and I have seen some crazy deranged aggression like you wouldn't believe it. 

But since she hates strangers, maybe one of her humans should do it. There's no real mystery, all that's needed is patience, some basic nations of positive and negative reinforcement, and above all consistency. 

Idk, my first job out of college was working after school hours and on Saturdays with struggling students. Most of their issues you could figure out and create a plan for them to be able to do their best, but a couple there was no helping (and I'm not talking about kids with learning disabilities and/or serious mental health issues). There are a few that just can't be fixed. Same goes with dogs. Bella would attack you the moment she saw you. And she is actually pretty well trained. Something just went seriously wrong with one of her previous owners and then she got passed around several times afterwards. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk, my first job out of college was working after school hours and on Saturdays with struggling students. Most of their issues you could figure out and create a plan for them to be able to do their best, but a couple there was no helping (and I'm not talking about kids with learning disabilities and/or serious mental health issues). There are a few that just can't be fixed. Same goes with dogs. Bella would attack you the moment she saw you. And she is actually pretty well trained. Something just went seriously wrong with one of her previous owners and then she got passed around several times afterwards. 

I have no idea how to deal w/ kids but like I said, I’ve been doing this for a long ass time w/ all sorts of different animals - think an epileptic tapir that must be trained to receive meds, or a very angry and severely abused elephant, for instance. And I have not yet met a lost cause, so to speak. We will have to agree to disagree on this one! :cheers:

Let’s talk about imposter syndrome in fancy shops. Aka, let me moan about feeling socially awkward and completely out of place in shops with five employees and literally no customers and floors that are cleaner than my contact lenses. 

the feeling I get is somewhere between Pretty Woman shopping trip and Mr Bean gift wrapping the Cartier necklace for Alan Rickman. And like these people aren’t rude or anything, if anything they are artificially too polite. I don’t struggle so much when the employees aren’t Hungarian, they are more friendly and less judgmental and I feel more comfortable speaking English because that somehow gives us something in common. And I mean, you have every reason to judge me per se, because I have absolutely no business to be in your store but you know if I get a gift from your store and I want to exchange/adjust it or just use a gift card, I’m within my human rights to do so… bleh. I so much prefer getting books, socks and hand creams. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 12/26/2023 at 2:55 PM, kissdbyfire said:

- think an epileptic tapir that must be trained to receive meds, or a very angry and severely abused elephant, for instance. And I have not yet met a lost cause, so to speak.

I wish I could sit down with you and cup of tea and hear all your stories about this work, it must be fascinating!  :cheers:

I was watching a Miss Marple show, “Towards Zero”, and when the credits came up I saw that one of the main characters was played by Julian Sands. When the reports came out about him going missing while hiking, I couldn’t remember seeing him in anything, even though I recognized his picture.

What a sad and lonely way to die.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:08 PM, Tywin et al. said:

. My brother who is an Army drill sergeant 

How did I miss this??

Anyway, slight digression. All drill sergeants like dogs because they are, to a man and woman, insane control freaks who can only get off when some other creature's will has been turned against itself. It just makes them happy. 

12 minutes ago, Jace, Extat said:

How did I miss this??

Anyway, slight digression. All drill sergeants like dogs because they are, to a man and woman, insane control freaks who can only get off when some other creature's will has been turned against itself. It just makes them happy. 

Hmmmm. 

I had an anecdote I was going to tell in defense of drill sergeants. 

But T.I.s aren’t drill sergeant’s, are they?

Edited by A True Kaniggit