NCAA Basketball 2023-24

Ramsay B.

Per reports the rematch drew 12.3 million viewers on ESPN - which is the highest it's been for any basketball game on ESPN since 2012, for men or women:

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/03/1242484445/caitlin-clark-angel-reese-lsu-iowa-viewership-record-espn?utm_medium=JSONFeed&utm_campaign=news&utm_source=press.coop

Stoked about the women's games tonight. South Carolina over NC State by about 15. Iowa will beat UCONN by about 10 but it will be hard fought. Clark is unstoppable. She has a tremendous supporting cast as well. Iowa will upset South Carolina in triple overtime and Clark will drop 50 plus.

The more I think about the final four the more I like Alabama. Especially against UCONN. UCONN hasn't played a complete team yet. San Diego State had an impotent offense. Illinois played zero defense. Alabama is the first really solid team they have played in a month. Alabama is talented, athletic and fearless. They are like an elite version of Seton Hall. Seton Hall easily handled UCONN. Alabama also matches up extremely well against Purdue. I'd be surprised if anyone is within 20 points of Alabama. NC State has the best chance but even they should get manhandled.

Well she picked it up and UConn went cold. Good didn’t want them to win another title or to have double UConn wins. Clash of the titans in the final. Edit: still a minute to go I suppose there is time to catch up from four down.

Edited by Arakasi

Fun ending. 

I didn't get the officiating in this game though. Seemed like they were letting a lot of clear fouls slide. At least they were doing it for both teams. But then that late call...

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

2 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm a Hawkeye fan and really happy for the win but that foul call was terrrrrrrible. 

It was the correct call. The UCONN player was still loving and threw her elbow. A non call would have been inexcusable. 

8 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Lol to no one’s surprise Purdue and UConn won. Now I just need to wait for the next post and put money on who Stink doesn’t pick.

Basically. Uconn is 11-0 against the spread in the last 2 years of the tourney. Vegas hates them, as does Stink, which is good for them.

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Rhom, you're slacking on making fun of Louisville - Every scholarship play bails.

Louisville has not made the tournament since the 2018-19 season and has qualified in just two of the past nine years. Now, it is finally getting a true fresh start. 

Wow… even I didn’t realize it was THAT bad. 

UConn will win easily. Edey vs. Clingan will be a wash but the guard matchups will be a nightmare for Purdue. Loyer and Smith simply cannot compete not defend at this level. Aside from Jones Purdue doesn’t have a player capable of creating their own shot. The Huskies are due for a hot shooting night as well. I expect UConn to win by at least 20 as their offense will be clicking and the defense will be exponentially superior.