Football: The long goodbye. tic-toc goes the Klopp.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Salah seems to be unaffected by his absence for AFCON and injury.

Robbo a bit lucky not to give a penalty there. Honestly, had ref awarded one I don't think we'd have a case to complain about it.

Yes, it looked a penalty.  As did the fouls on Jota and Diaz not given.  The ref allowed a lot of heavy contact all game; the “let the game flow” attitude rewards clogging over skill.

Is Chelsea running out of money for kits or is Gallagher trying to start a fashion trend? What's up with those socks?

Edit: and finally a good string of passes on the counter for Chelsea.

Edited by Corvinus85

20 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Damn, Haaland is a shadow of his former self.

I don't think his previous production last season is something you can just assume will always happen. From the little bit I watched he was off though.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Chelsea have caused City to drop 4 pts this season. Heh

I guess that's our trophy. This team needs a total overhaul. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I don't think his previous production last season is something you can just assume will always happen. From the little bit I watched he was off though.

You can't expect him to score 36 times every season, no, but he's only scored in one of his last six games. For now that's fine, everyone has a slump in form, but he doesn't offer enough outside the box for that to become a pattern so he needs to hope that a slump in form is all it is and not teams somewhat working the patterns out.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You can't expect him to score 36 times every season, no, but he's only scored in one of his last six games. For now that's fine, everyone has a slump in form, but he doesn't offer enough outside the box for that to become a pattern so he needs to hope that a slump in form is all it is and not teams somewhat working the patterns out.

If feels more like a slump. He had good chances and just missed and I only caught the last 20 minutes of the game.