NBA - squeaky bum time

BigFatCoward

7 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I don't think there's a running mate in this class.

There’s two more French dudes at the top of most boards!

1 hour ago, DMC said:

There’s two more French dudes at the top of most boards!

Yeah, two are in most top fives and one keeps getting linked to the Spurs (makes sense given positional fit). I just don't expect much from him, but you never know. Maybe this class turns out to be really good despite not having any obvious high-end players going into it. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Yeah, two are in most top fives and one keeps getting linked to the Spurs (makes sense given positional fit). I just don't expect much from him, but you never know.

I’d just find it amusing.  Maybe they can get Parker to come out of retirement.  And Boris Diaw.

53 minutes ago, DMC said:

I’d just find it amusing.  Maybe they can get Parker to come out of retirement.  And Boris Diaw.

Diaw probably could have played old man game until he was in his mid 40's. 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:33 PM, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Yeah, two are in most top fives and one keeps getting linked to the Spurs (makes sense given positional fit). I just don't expect much from him, but you never know. Maybe this class turns out to be really good despite not having any obvious high-end players going into it. :dunno:

Risacher would be a perfect fit. He's and elite shotmaker and has a tremendous amount of potential. If he isn't available, Ron Holland. Dalton Knecht as a last resort.

It's kind of a joke seeing the second headline on ESPN is that Bronny is declaring for the draft. He's probably not even a G League level talent. If he went to Europe he'd likely play in one of the lower leagues. 

Posted (edited)

Westbrook gets up to play against Durant. 16,15,15. 

I haven't seen any of it but crazy stat from bucks v celtics. 2 free throws in total. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I haven't seen any of it but crazy stat from bucks v celtics. 2 free throws in total. 

The refs were on the second leg of a road back-to-back and their load management program said they could only officiate 5 minutes without injury risk. 

Man, I found myself rooting for the Knicks tonight watching the game. Don’t think I’ve ever done that in my entire life. Basically because of how fun Brunson is to watch. He’s just so unstoppable right now.

8 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Somewhere, in parts unknown in Europe, @Relic is dancing in a bar right now. 

Nice idea, but i was long asleep. However, watching the game this morning i just want to say that hearing the Boston crowd moan and groan in consternation is one of the sweetest sounds in basketball. Sweet sweet lament!

Brunson = best contract in the NBA. It took 20 years but something good finally happened to us!

Wemby is paid basically half as much as Brunson and is like 50/50 to win MVP in the next three years, so I think the best contract in the NBA is out of reach.  But Brunson is playing very well, I didn't expect him to improve so much form his time in Dallas. 

Brunson seems like a floor raiser. That's not a bad thing, but it leads me to believe that he needs a better player to pair up with him if the goal is a chip. The good thing is I think a lot of dudes would really like to play with him. 

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Wemby is paid basically half as much as Brunson and is like 50/50 to win MVP in the next three years,

I'm not sure I agree. He'll probably win a DPOY in that period, but I can't see the team overhauling enough to justify him winning MVP. Wins are not a QB stat. They are for star NBA players and the Spurs roster sucks. I don't see any real improvement in the next few years unless they make a big trade so it wouldn't shock me if they're just a play in team for the next few years. You can't give the MVP to the best player on a team like that. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

You can't give the MVP to the best player on a team like that. 

Only in America. Juninho won premier league player of the season when Middlesborough got relegated. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Wemby is paid basically half as much as Brunson and is like 50/50 to win MVP in the next three years, so I think the best contract in the NBA is out of reach.  But Brunson is playing very well, I didn't expect him to improve so much form his time in Dallas. 

Well duh, but rookie contracts don't count in this convo. If they did the top 50 contracts would be first four years in the league ones.

Edited by Relic