NBA - squeaky bum time

BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Relic said:

One of the worst posts in the history of this thread.

You should see him covering himself in glory in the international events thread. He has an equally incisive grasp of international relations and the geopolitics of the Middle East.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Relic said:

I really hate Thibs. OG was never Mr. Minutes, and him straining a hamstring or a glut was almost a given with the amount of minutes he's been playing. Hart is next. Thibs doesn't seem to give the slightest shit about keeping our guys healthy.

I don’t know. It’s the playoffs and best players need to play, especially in close, intense games. The bench is super thin and we have no real rotational players left. It is what it is. This is always been the problem with OG… great player but can never rely on him. Worried about giving him a massive contract.

Edited by Mexal

There's nothing wrong with playing dudes massive minutes in the playoffs. Thibs' problem is he treats every regular season game like it's a playoff game and it tends to show late in the season when his teams look gassed. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

There's nothing wrong with playing dudes massive minutes in the playoffs. Thibs' problem is he treats every regular season game like it's a playoff game and it tends to show late in the season when his teams look gassed. 

Except our team doesn’t look gassed. We are dominating 4th quarters (Maxey insanity not withstanding). Our conditioning is far better right now. Issue is freaky injuries (Bojan, Randle, Mitch - not really, that’s Embiid). OG and Brunson last game just sucks. Friday will be really interesting test without OG.

Edited by Mexal

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I don’t know. It’s the playoffs and best players need to play, especially in close, intense games. The bench is super thin and we have no real rotational players left. It is what it is. This is always been the problem with OG… great player but can never rely on him. Worried about giving him a massive contract.

Yep. This was already pointed out when he was traded. Think he was hurt for the Raptors title as well.

On 3/18/2024 at 9:42 PM, Slurktan said:

I love OG. Wish we still had him but that is him. When he is out there he improves everyone's play defensively a lot. "When he is out there" is the problem.

9 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Yep. This was already pointed out when he was traded. Think he was hurt for the Raptors title as well.

Yes, he was. 

Posted (edited)

They beat the Thunder tonight. I don’t think this series is as cut and dried as you think it is. I mean I dislike Irving too but I think they have a 50/50 shot at winning this series. Perhaps take a realistic look at the series matchups. They have the best player in the series and enough physicality to bother OKC. Also the Thunder are a really bad rebounding team which doesn’t help at all.

Edited by Arakasi

10 hours ago, Arakasi said:

They beat the Thunder tonight. I don’t think this series is as cut and dried as you think it is. I mean I dislike Irving too but I think they have a 50/50 shot at winning this series. Perhaps take a realistic look at the series matchups. They have the best player in the series and enough physicality to bother OKC. Also the Thunder are a really bad rebounding team which doesn’t help at all.

Fair enough, we'll see.  I am well aware that the Mavs are capable of taking a game or two with hot shooting.  They do have Luka after all, you're never going to completely shut that offense down.  I nonetheless think OKC is the better team, and I don't even rate OKC terribly highly (I'd put them behind Minn, Denver and Boston). 

Jason Timpf is my go to guy for NBA stuff these days. And while I didn’t like what he said in his preview (I want OKC to win) there is a reason he thinks it’s a toss up with a slight lean to Dallas.  Mainly OKC is a finesse team with not much oomph in them.

We’re already seeing Giddey being played off the floor. To me Chet is going to have to overperform for the Thunder to win this series. Shai is going to get his but other than Chet and Williams I’m lukewarm on the rest of the Thunder roster.

10 hours ago, Arakasi said:

We’re already seeing Giddey being played off the floor. 

I'm surprised they're giving up on him so quickly. 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:12 AM, DanteGabriel said:

You should see him covering himself in glory in the international events thread. He has an equally incisive grasp of international relations and the geopolitics of the Middle East.

Has to be a troll account. In the NCAAB thread he called Donovan Clingan a defensive liability and predicted Uconn would be blown out like 3 straight games.

Not much you can do when the refs decide to officiate the game like this. Joker just committed three offensive fouls in about six seconds and nothing. He easily could have fouled out in the first quarter, but they're letting him slide on everything. 

And just like that, another clear offensive foul and nothing which leads to an easy score. I bet most bigs could score at the rim if they were allowed to shove their defender away from them. 

8 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Well Denver fans thought Minnesota got away with fouls in the first two games. Just going to have to adapt.

And they'd be wrong. The first two games were called pretty evenly. I still think Denver wins tonight because the Wolves have missed too many open shots, but it's clear which team the zebras are backing tonight. 

Posted (edited)

Game one I’d give you but game two Minnesota was very physical on defence and got some beneficial calls. I do agree this is clearly a makeup game. You better hope this isn’t the new norm otherwise unlikely the Wolves win.

Edited by Arakasi

• Ran locked this topic