Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea

Liverpool really should turn their performance into a second or third goal.

Meanwhile first round of the candidates has started (yes, this is of interest to presumably 2 (rohrshach and I) or 3 people at best just mentioning it)

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at United

Well that was nervy as fuck. 

A bit of a complacent performance from the players I think after the goal but I think Klopp got it a bit wrong too. The lack of a left footed option on the left makes it a bit too easy for teams defending deep and Gravenberch has potential but it’s not quite clicked for him yet. Elliott probably should have started, it’s his birthday too.

On the plus side Jones is back and he looked sharp already.

Relieved to win that, which is the wrong emotion after playing Sheffield United at home.  That kind of game can always happen against a parked bus but there is a problem with a lack of cutting edge up front.  We end up chasing far too many games (this time from a tie rather than a deficit, tbf) where we’ve been comfortably on top but not actually ahead.

Salah hasn’t been sharp or clinical since returning from injury, although Ramadan could be a factor too for him.  And we miss Jota’s efficiency.  Diaz, for me, still lacks end product even if he’s a valuable out-ball on the left.

If Jones is back and looking sharp, I wonder if Szoboslai might lose his spot, which would have been unthinkable a few months ago.  His contribution has been hit or miss for a while, while MacAllister is the best player atm and Endo is important for MF balance and to release MacAllister further forward.

• polishgenius changed the title to Football: Let's All Laugh at Chelsea