Angry people yelling about tech they don't understand

It's fucking me you goddamn yahoos.

Why the fuck, everytime I'm asked to enter a password, is it hidden with asterisks?  If I can barely hit the 5 mm keys on my phone, who the fuck is going to be looking over my shoulder trying to hack my Goodreads account? 

Maybe you should just put me into an endless loop of entering passwords and then giving me a "prove you're a human" test to train your shit AI... Oh good, you were planning on that anyway.

Also why the fuck Ami required.tonhave special characters and shit?  Does including those actually make a password more secure?  Or is it just a matter of the number of charachters equals more secure?  So ehh the fuck do they care if I have a capital letter or an exclamation point ?  

Honestly, just fuck you all. If you're involved in maintaining and perpetuating this system in any capacity I fucking hate you.  

Edited by Larry of the Lawn
I've had to edit this like 3 fucking times thanks to auto mis correct

7 minutes ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

Unacceptable.  You need one numeral and one lower case letter.  If you enter incorrectly on the next try your account will be locked for a decade.

Ps fuck you

I would also need a special character.

And I have already used this password previously. 

I’d have to enter a different password. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

I lost my SIM card for my phone on a recent international trip (swapping out for a local SIM).  No problem!  My phone company replaces the chips for free.  All you need to do is log into your account and request one and they will mail it.  They even have a helpful FAQ that takes you direct to the request site... once you have confirmed your account by receiving a text from your phone.  I will repeat, they have a purpose built site for replacing lost SIM cards, that requires you to receive a text on the phone you don't have a SIM card for.  I tried calling, but the operator also needed to send a verification text, tried online chat, same thing.  I finally had to march down in person to a store with my passport to resolve the issue. 

We have a new system at work, its fucking insanely complicated and not remotely intuitive.

I have given up and just wander next door and make my PC that is a 'superuser' do everything for me. 

Just now, horangi said:

I lost my SIM card for my phone on a recent international trip (swapping out for a local SIM).  No problem!  My phone company replaces the chips for free.  All you need to do is log into your account and request one and they will mail it.  They even have a helpful FAQ that takes you direct to the request site... once you have confirmed your account by receiving a text from your phone.  I will repeat, they have a purpose built site for replacing lost SIM cards, that requires you to receive a text on the phone you don't have a SIM card for.  I tried calling, but the operator also needed to send a verification text, tried online chat, same thing.  I finally had to march down in person to a store with my passport to resolve the issue. 

We just sent a unique text code good for the next 9 seconds to your phone.  Please enter it below for posting again in this thread.

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

We have a new system at work, its fucking insanely complicated and not remotely intuitive.

I have given up and just wander next door and make my PC that is a 'superuser' do everything for me. 

Ah, your workplace is one of 650 law enforcement agencies across the globe that are participating in Gom Jabbar 2024.  Please insert your hand into the box.  You'll either pas the test or you won't 

2 minutes ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

We just sent a unique text code good for the next 9 seconds to your phone.  Please enter it below for posting again in this thread.

8675308 no that was a 9.. FUCK.  *account 'horangi' has been suspended from A Song of Ice and Fire Forums and a late text fee billed to the credit card on file*

33 minutes ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

It's fucking me you goddamn yahoos.

Why the fuck, everytime I'm asked to enter a password, is it hidden with asterisks?  If I can barely hit the 5 mm keys on my phone, who the fuck is going to be looking over my shoulder trying to hack my Goodreads account? 

Maybe you should just put me into an endless loop of entering passwords and then giving me a "prove you're a human" test to train your shit AI... Oh good, you were planning on that anyway.

Also why the fuck Ami required.tonhave special characters and shit?  Does including those actually make a password more secure?  Or is it just a matter of the number of charachters equals more secure?  So ehh the fuck do they care if I have a capital letter or an exclamation point ?  

Honestly, just fuck you all. If you're involved in maintaining and perpetuating this system in any capacity I fucking hate you.  

After a reread I noticed you didn’t mention two factor authentication. 

Your systems are obviously not secure enough. 

After typing in your password you need  to receive a 5 digit code via text or email that you then input.