BwB Norcal

Bazzlebane

Renly, what's the story behind the December 2005 join date and the post count of 49? An average of 2 posts per month?

I don't know what that's all about! Back when I was really active on this board, it was hosted by a different company (can't remember the name). I think my user name was "Lord Renly" back then. Then it migrated over to Ran's control around the time I first started to "check out" of the boards--I came back a couple of months after the migrate, recreated myself as "Renly," and then shortly thereafter checked out for a solid couple of years.

I noticed a ton of people started their profiles on November 7, 2005 (which happens to be my birthday--different year, of course). I'm guessing that's when the migration happened.

So that's my story! I came back to find out when ADwD is coming out. Not finding that info, I started lurking and got dragged into this hysterical General Chatter discussion about how guys can dress sexy. What a fun, flirty, and fabulous group of people I found! Too bad NorCal's constant weather makes me depressed. I need seasons!

I don't know what that's all about! Back when I was really active on this board, it was hosted by a different company (can't remember the name). I think my user name was "Lord Renly" back then. Then it migrated over to Ran's control around the time I first started to "check out" of the boards--I came back a couple of months after the migrate, recreated myself as "Renly," and then shortly thereafter checked out for a solid couple of years.

I noticed a ton of people started their profiles on November 7, 2005 (which happens to be my birthday--different year, of course). I'm guessing that's when the migration happened.

So that's my story! I came back to find out when ADwD is coming out. Not finding that info, I started lurking and got dragged into this hysterical General Chatter discussion about how guys can dress sexy. What a fun, flirty, and fabulous group of people I found! Too bad NorCal's constant weather makes me depressed. I need seasons!

It was ezBoard. I was away from the board shortly after the migration for a long while as well, from about Mar 2006 through May 2007. Sometime early in there the post counts were lost, and Ran had to add them back. I think there is even a pinned post about it in the Administrative section. He can add your pre-migration post counts in to your current total if you ask.

It is indeed a fabulous group here. If you want to see outrageous flirtation, you should read theMountainGoat's spam review of the best of Naked Hatted Avatar Week, if it has not scrolled off yet. And be sure to drop in on TTTNE in Forum Games.

Before my disappearance, I posted mostly in serious threads, but I've almost entirely given up on that. It is now just a place to play for me.

If you want to see outrageous flirtation, you should read theMountainGoat's spam review of the best of Naked Hatted Avatar Week, if it has not scrolled off yet.

No kidding. Renly should have started lurking earlier -- he could have seen a whole lot of us nekkid.

Screaming girl was credited as "random chick" in one of Bazz's photos. :)

Here's a few of mine...

It's late and I'll post more tomorrow...I had a great time!

EDIT: The Toronado pics end right before my lips photo. The rest are from previous events. :P

You know, Arbor, those lips in your photo album don't quite match your avatar...<leaps to conclusions>.

You know, Arbor, those lips in your photo album don't quite match your avatar...<leaps to conclusions>.

I was torn between going with the real ones and the fake...

nkmayers: I see you lurking down there. Come post and tell us how awesome we are! *sips wine*

nkmayers: I see you lurking down there. Come post and tell us how awesome we are! *sips wine*

Bah. Caught. You're all very awesome, and I'm definitely glad I came. The drive home though.... lame.

Oh well, at least I didn't get hit by Jon T while he was posting and driving.

You guys should all move to Austin. I'm lonely.

Looks like you had fun :)

We have a pretty amazing crew up here...which means that you should move to the Bay Area! (or at least fly in for our next meetup...it would be so much fun to actually meet you, and I'm too scared to go to Denver :P)

(or at least fly in for our next meetup...it would be so much fun to actually meet you, and I'm too scared to go to Denver :P)

Too scared to go to Denver? Con people don't smell that bad... :uhoh:

MSI- don't feel bad about not liking beer. I don't like beer that much, although I get a lot of shit about it from....well, not just beer-guzzling geologists but from pretty much everyone I know. You should have had the spontaneously-fermented raspberry thing. It was awesome. :cheers:

Glad to hear everyone's drive home went fine.

I took the party bus home. While I was waiting though, I got to watch part of a police chase. I can't possibly imagine why anyone wouldn't want to take public transit! :box: Muni is mostly awesome occasionally tolerable sort of interesting when you're bored. And easier than parking.

Too scared to go to Denver? Con people don't smell that bad... :uhoh:

I still can't believe that I lived in West LA when that con was going on and I totally missed it...I'm scared of attending a WorldCon, but fuck...I could've made the 12 mile trek, if I was more down with the whole "meeting internet people" thing back then. :dunce:

nkmayers,

The drive home though.... lame.

Amen. Though it was fun looking at the early pics from the event while I was driving. :D

Oh well, at least I didn't get hit by Jon T while he was posting and driving.

I stopped at a Chevron then stopped looking at the board soon after Kat had her rant. You were safe.

You, me and perhaps MSI101 should all carpool for the next event. I'm down. I won't be driving though unless you want me to post and drive. I'll pay for the gas straight-up though instead. :)

Mandy,

We have a pretty amazing crew up here...which means that you should move to the Bay Area! (or at least fly in for our next meetup

I love you Mandy, but I think Mormont has first dibs on flying out here for our next meet. But fuck it, you should fly out too. We can go outside to smoke and gossip about all the people who didn't come like we did at WFC. ;)

Bazzlebane,

I've been telling everyone it's time to move out here. We're obviously having the best stateside parties

This all men know. And all women too. And we'll surpass those Euros yet! (although not in the drinking department, I fear. I have seen them in action. They might have even been able to make a run at me back in my heyday.)

Kat,

Too scared to go to Denver? Con people don't smell that bad

Except at Nippon, according to Alchemist. They had to take off their shoes on the party floor cause it was Japan. Bring in teh funk. Apparently, there was gagging upon exit from the elevator at the party level.

Arbor Gold,

I still can't believe that I lived in West LA when that con was going on and I totally missed it...I'm scared of attending a WorldCon, but fuck...I could've made the 12 mile trek, if I was more down with the whole "meeting internet people" thing back then.

Yes, you should wallow in everlasting shame for that. And you were already posting on the board! :cry: And I heard you tell Lodey that he should be ashamed(something like that) for missing our last two NorCal meets. He'll have a big one on you if you miss Denvention. :)

ETA: Much longer post to follow later.

I love you Mandy, but I think Mormont has first dibs on flying out here for our next meet.

Damn straight. You need a Euro to show you how legendary meets are made. :D

Kat, I don't like beer either. But nobody gives me shit about it. At least not once they've seen me drink. ;)

I love you Mandy, but I think Mormont has first dibs on flying out here for our next meet.

Nonsense. No offense to our Ursine Scot, but I've been trying to goad Xray into coming to one of our drink-ups since just about forever. Now, I'd be more than happy to have the entire moderating team come in and throw around their banning powers during our next meet, but Xray gets top billing*. :pirate:

*Yes, Mr. X can come too.

Archived