Frak me! It's another Battlestar Galactica thread!

Werthead

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1332327' date='Apr 28 2008, 13.46']Wert,

Attention to detail like having Admiral's pips on Tigh's collar in Tyrol's quarters immedieately following the funeral? I still like the show but it's mistakes like that blow willing suspension of disbelief for me.[/quote]

Huh?

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1332327' date='Apr 28 2008, 13.46']Attention to detail like having Admiral's pips on Tigh's collar in Tyrol's quarters immedieately following the funeral? I still like the show but it's mistakes like that blow willing suspension of disbelief for me.[/quote]

I'm filing this one under 'Balrog's Wings'.

LotN,

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1332339' date='Apr 28 2008, 14.57']I'm filing this one under 'Balrog's Wings'.[/quote]

Hardly the same thing. Rank is a big deal in any military organization. Tigh walking around with the wrong rank insignia is a stupid and glaring mistake.

Look stupid mistakes like that are awful. Should we just ignore the rank insignias as they are meaningless? Do they want to realistically portray a military organization or not? Particularly after the huge deal they made out of Adama getting those same pips back in Season 2.

I think we should ignore it because it's a minor fuck-up by someone in the costume department that had absolutely no effect on the show and that I guarantee 99% of the audience didn't even notice.

Stop being so anal. It happens in every show.

It's like saying a book sucks because it's got a couple of typos in it.

Shryke,

[quote name='Shryke' post='1332357' date='Apr 28 2008, 14.10']I think we should ignore it because it's a minor fuck-up by someone in the costume department that had absolutely no effect on the show and that I guarantee 99% of the audience didn't even notice.

Stop being so anal. It happens in every show.

It's like saying a book sucks because it's got a couple of typos in it.[/quote]

This was a big costume screw up.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1332342' date='Apr 28 2008, 13.59']Hardly the same thing. Rank is a big deal in any military organization. Tigh walking around with the wrong rank insignia is a stupid and glaring mistake.[/quote]

I understand that rank is important, but the mistake is too small to get up in arms about. Thats why I compared it to the balrog's wings, as it has hardly any effect on the show.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1332363' date='Apr 28 2008, 14.13']Shryke,

This was a big costume screw up.[/quote]

No, it wasn't. It's a pip on a collar.

A big costume screw up is when Col. Tigh appears on screen with the patch on the wrong eye. Or when Col. Tigh appears on screen in a tie-dye shirt and flip-flops.

[quote name='The Fat Man' post='1332384' date='Apr 28 2008, 14.25']Meanwhile, obsessive recounting of minor gaffes coupled with breathless denunciations that blow the issue wildly out of proportion is not typical fanboy behavior. Not at all.[/quote]

I'm sorry, but when I read in my head it sounded like Ted Knight of Caddyshack fame.

Meanwhile, back in the Halls of Justice... :)

[quote name='The Stranger' post='1332239' date='Apr 28 2008, 18.34']another thing: Spontaneously, I have developed an all-encompassing, irrational love/lust for Racetrack. I am convinced ever other female on the show is a hideous dog-woman next to her transcendent beauty. How could I have been such a fool? Why didn't I see this before?[/quote]

Right with you there. I think RDM is on board as well, since in the commentary for the bar episode in Season 3 he points out a bit where the pilots are playing that ball game in the bar and they put Racetrack in a nice blue top and he's going, "Wow! She looks fantastic!" (obviously this wasn't a commentary with Mrs. Ron).

i had a harder time lately when I just rewatched the early part of Season 3, when the rebels on New Caprica started fighting with what are clearly AK-47s. I acknowledge that these people speak english, write in the roman alphabet and worship greek gods. for some reason I can take those, but not the laziness of just using a godsdamned Kalashnikov.

[quote name='The Stranger' post='1332239' date='Apr 28 2008, 19.34']Combining this with what Cavill has been saying lately, I think the rebellion is nigh, especially now that the Centurions have seen their liberators wiped out.[/quote]
That may well happen eventually, but not because the Centurions have seen their liberators wiped out, because I think that the "liberated" Centurions were on those ships that were getting wiped out (which is perhaps a bit strong term; those were not yet "confirmed kills" when the scene ended, don't be surprised if one or two baseships got away). When the fleet (which may only be a local Cylon fleet anyway) split in half, I suppose that only Centurions on the ships of the 2s, 6s and 8s had the inhibitors removed, and that the ships with the 4s, 5s and 1s on it either have no Centurions left on them or they have versions that remain inhibited.

Cavil could kill 2 birds with one stone that way (if his ambush was succesful): eliminate both Natalie and co and the sentient Centurions with them.

Now, I think Natalie will survive and may yet have to deal with an uprising from her Centurions, but Cavil will have his centurions under control, if he has any left (and unless Boomer decides she would rather not be with Cavil after all, and decides to "pull a Natalie").

As for AK47, better this than weapons that look like toys unsuitable to even being aimed properly. They also did it with cars, using even a Citroën DS. I thought it was pretty cool and daring, actually, to use a futuristic car from the 70s in an SF show in 2005-2006.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1332449' date='Apr 28 2008, 22.17']"Wow! She looks fantastic!"[/quote]
[url="http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/interviews/leah_cairns_03_big.jpg"]you know, she kinda does....[/url]
:stunned: :cheers: :drool:

*intelligence has gone on holiday, please leave a message after the beeb*

Guest Raidne
[quote name='Mandy' post='1332520' date='Apr 28 2008, 15.58']Agreed. Normal people (i.e. me) didn't notice it.[/quote]

Abnormal people like me who were pissed about the balrog thing also didn't notice it.

Archived