Goodkind XXXVIII: The Great Tomato Showdown

Myshkin

[url="http://www.movieweb.com/news/91/29891.php"]Comic-Con Preview Night and Official Thursday Schedule![/url]

Hope this hasn't been posted yet.

[quote]Thursday, July 24

3:00-4:00 Wizard's First Rule

Sam Raimi (Spider-Man) and Ken Biller (Star Trek: Voyager) give you a first look at the upcoming television series Wizard's First Rule. The one-hour weekly series, premiering in late fall, is based on Terry Goodkind's bestselling epic fantasy series The Sword of Truth, which follows the extraordinary transformation of woodsman Richard Cypher into a magical leader who joins with a mysterious, beautiful woman to stop a bloodthirsty, sinister tyrant. Join Sam and Ken for a moderated interview and audience Q&A session! Room 6B[/quote]

[quote name='RWHamel' post='1437724' date='Jul 12 2008, 16.46'][url="http://www.movieweb.com/news/91/29891.php"]Comic-Con Preview Night and Official Thursday Schedule![/url]

Hope this hasn't been posted yet.[/quote]

Oh please tell me someone from here is going to be there. You absolutely MUST attend, jump right in and be the first to ask Raimi, "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???"

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1437651' date='Jul 12 2008, 12.27']Fools, the Yeard is not a corporeal thing, it is a way of life!!!! Tairy has no need of a physical beard/ponytail combination, for the Yeard, the true essence of the Yeard, is inside of him!!!!![/quote]

Pitiful poser puking piss poor propaganda to polarize the people from the Prophet. Your feeble and fallacious falsehoods will not fool those who faithlessly follow the foundation of our fellowship.

You may presume bear a name akin to our Father in hopes of reflecting some of his Glorious Glow, but those who are able to 'get it' see through the posturing pup pretending to be Papa.

The Great, Noble, Righteous, and Truthful Mystar has laid down his Holy Writ. The Yeard has been transcended by the Godkin's fury over those that doth not blow goats. Burned away in pure reasoned hatred the Yeard is gone, replaced by the Dome, a power so great it can almost rape you with your own twig and berries before you are cast into oblivion like so many dissenting peasants.

Soon you will kneel before The Star that Shines the Brightest completely berriless and conform who is thine Daddy.

Then there will be goats.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1437669' date='Jul 12 2008, 23.04']Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING will replace THE YEARD. I consider the beald to be the bald hen-that-is-not-a-hen stepchild to THE YEARD's Chicken[/quote]

True, BUT...

About poultry and being a chicken or "to chicken", I thinks YEALD sounds ultimately better since the cowardly bastard yielded and shaved it's enigma. Atleast until the "stump" grows back.

Or maybe The Shining Egghead had a terrible "accident" and had to cover for it somehow?

Well, Tairy's hairy no more :)

Consider Yeald as a lame castrated version or the "true" and only Yeard we all love and cherish :idea:

[quote name='Aemon Stark' post='1437892' date='Jul 13 2008, 00.17']That picture is most disturbing.

Particularly the wetsuit, for I cannot imagine why anyone would have a publicity shot taken in swimwear... (well, authors anyway)[/quote]

Give the guy a break, his red leather outfit was at the drycleaner. Philosophy stains don't come out easy.

[quote name='TheKassi' post='1437367' date='Jul 12 2008, 01.09'][url="http://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11108"]http://www.terrygoodkind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11108[/url][/quote]

Ironically, Terry is starting to develop a more than passing resemblance to this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lenin.jpg"]famous historical figure[/url].

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1437682' date='Jul 12 2008, 15.39'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]On a side note (of no particular import): Pita, if no-one else believes you, at least know this - that I do. I do.

Any other response would be a contradiction of the most impertinent sort.

Truth out. [/size][/font][/quote]
How do [i]I[/i] know you're not [i]me[/i]?
Or was that the kind of contradiction you intended not to do?
Did noone get my mr. T reference? Even though it was not hidden at all, but hidden in the TG sense where he builds a statue and hits you on the head with it?

[quote name='Zap Rowsdower' post='1437926' date='Jul 12 2008, 22.59']Ironically, Terry is starting to develop a more than passing resemblance to this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lenin.jpg"]famous historical figure[/url].[/quote]

I dunno. Lenin looks like he's ready to get up and give you the People's Elbow in that picture if you give him any excuse, while Terry just looks like he's trying too hard.

He looks like he wants to be cast for the next [i]Blade[/i] sequel. Or [i]Shaft[/i]

Who's the white writing schmuck who's a philosophy machine for objectivist fucks?
[i]SHAFT![/i]
Damn right.
He thinks he's a complicated man, but no one understands him but his mystar
[i]John Shaft[/i]

[quote name='respectabull' post='1442382' date='Jul 16 2008, 03.39']I think I am having a lemming identity crisis. Has this been an assault on our holy church?.... this shameless defacing of our unholy artifacts? How dare he shave his yeard. it must be a device of this my* character.[/quote]

This is what's wrong with all you Lemmings of Discord! Terry Goodkind isn't about his yeard, he's about IMPORTANT HUMAN THEMES. The yeard is just one TINY detail in a far more important story. If he was all about his yeard he'd update the photograph on the backs of his books, but the yeard IS NOT essential to who the man is. The detractors such as yourself hate the idea of his scalp because he does not conform to your idea of fashion. You're only fooling yourselves; hairbrushes are notes wrapped around a brick thrown through the window of a barbershops.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1442412' date='Jul 16 2008, 18.31']This is what's wrong with all you Lemmings of Discord! Terry Goodkind isn't about his yeard, he's about IMPORTANT HUMAN THEMES. The yeard is just one TINY detail in a far more important story. If he was all about his yeard he'd update the photograph on the backs of his books, but the yeard IS NOT essential to who the man is. The detractors such as yourself hate the idea of his scalp because he does not conform to your idea of fashion. You're only fooling yourselves; hairbrushes are notes wrapped around a brick thrown through the window of a barbershops.[/quote]

No, sir, I believe it is you who does not understand. The Yeard IS an important human theme. Without the Yeard there can be no inherent value of human life. Without the Yeard there can be no rising up to seize Truth. Without the Yeard there is no Morality, no Objectivity, no higher human callings. What guiding light will tell us which torture is laudable? By what sign shall we recognise the wayward path of relativism? Can man (or well endowed woman) navigate the perilous straits betwixt haughty children and demonic poultry without that brave yeardian tassel to guide him? Think you that you can separate the wretched and debased mass-muderers deserving only grim death from those that might be redeemed and brought to the light alone? Do you truly believe that even the magnificent Goodkind can answer the true and deep philosophical questions inherent in such acts as castration and stone masonry alone? No, you fool, for the man was entirely reliant on that lank and dangling appendage, implanted directly into his brain, and without it his ability to divine base truth is compromised.

Repent, yea sinner, that the Yeard might forgive you from whatever heaven it now resides in. The Yeard has ascended, the Chicken wanes, and the time of the Lemming is nigh.

[size=3][font="Book Antiqua"]Shaven or not, this is a man of very high caliber. I believe this recent modification of his external appearance should merely be considered an indication that Mr. Goodkind is never afraid of change; very keenly, he embraces movement and progression. [/font][/size]

Nice new avatar, me!
That's what I'm going to call Shining now. He has proven to me that he is indeed me. Otherwise, why would our nicks be so similiar?
I must have a freaking odd case of bipolar.
Or at least he does.

[quote name='Will' post='1442559' date='Jul 16 2008, 08.47']No, sir, I believe it is you who does not understand. The Yeard IS an important human theme. Without the Yeard there can be no inherent value of human life. Without the Yeard there can be no rising up to seize Truth. Without the Yeard there is no Morality, no Objectivity, no higher human callings. What guiding light will tell us which torture is laudable? By what sign shall we recognise the wayward path of relativism? Can man (or well endowed woman) navigate the perilous straits betwixt haughty children and demonic poultry without that brave yeardian tassel to guide him? Think you that you can separate the wretched and debased mass-muderers deserving only grim death from those that might be redeemed and brought to the light alone? Do you truly believe that even the magnificent Goodkind can answer the true and deep philosophical questions inherent in such acts as castration and stone masonry alone? No, you fool, for the man was entirely reliant on that lank and dangling appendage, implanted directly into his brain, and without it his ability to divine base truth is compromised.

Repent, yea sinner, that the Yeard might forgive you from whatever heaven it now resides in. The Yeard has ascended, the Chicken wanes, and the time of the Lemming is nigh.[/quote]

Should the Yeard be of importance to those such as you? I say nay heathen!

Minds as complex and understanding as Terry Goodkind (such as Stephen Hawking, Aristotle, Albert Einstein and Ayn Rand) manage to extract the truth WITHOUT a yeard. Moreover, with the exception of book 2, AT NO POINT DOES RICHARD HAVE A YEARD. All chin kicks, torture as a form of revenge, almost-rapes, chickens that are not chickens, evil pacifists, generals ignoring their troops, statue carvings, spine extractions, victories deserved, nipple regrowths and commies sent to live on a world without an afterlife were created, shared, imparted and explained while the main character had no yeard about out.

Do you believe for a moment that Richard Rahl (cue heavenly music) requires a yearded author to convey these glorious points of light made truth to him? It's utter nonsense. Richard is wholly realized and needs not some extraneous author to muddy the waters of his code of truth. These truths exists outside the vacuum of moral decay and social perversion. Those so reliant upon the yeard are those least deserving of one. These bastardized Truths are ours all, we must rise up and accept them. No one man should rule us, only guide us.

Do you eat oranges because of their color? Is each breath taken done so for the sake of keeping one's lungs busy? Do Tootsie Roll Pops exist just for their flavor? A RESOUNDING NO GOOD SIR! Oranges are eaten for sustenance. Breath allows for life. Tootsie Roll Pops are meant to be studied, examining the many licks required to reach the center of their being. A yeard is but the skin of the fruit, a small facet of existence, the shell of an odd concoction.

Those who buy (and accept) The Truth simply for the yeard are those same idiots who bought Wizard's First Rule because there was a dragon on the cover.

Good Day.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1443515' date='Jul 17 2008, 08.50']Should the Yeard be of importance to those such as you? I say nay heathen![/quote]

Say you heathen? I say Heretic! Beware, my son, and stray not from the path of the Discordant Lemming, for the Lemming is a tricksy critter and the path, once lost may prove difficult to find again. The Creator, in His wisdom, sent His only begotten Son into the world that He might rip of the spines. The Son was sent--it is true--unyearded, but the Son's work was ever watched over by the Father, and the Father wore upon his pointed dome the one true Yeard and in this way was the Father's wisdom passed down to the Son. Richard--may he continue to touch us--is not divine in and of himself, but only because he is the favoured child of a Yearded creator. It is all very meta, but it is the only true Truth when you come to understand it. Could a mere mortal arbitrate morality as keenly the Goodkind does? Of course not. It follows that He is the mouth-piece of some super-mortal agent, and what agent is more holy than a Yeard? The Yeard is cleaved in twain. One part is seated over the brain that the host might know Truth, and the other is seated on the jaw and about the lips that the host might speak Truth.

Repent your heresy and submit lest I be forced to declare schism in the house of the Lemming.

Archived