Goodkind XXXVIII: The Great Tomato Showdown

Myshkin

I don't know how I feel about this yeardite in our forums. it is one thing to have the Shining Enigma, because well... he is an enigma. Plus I believe he is Pita and that helps me get over it. Now this..... REAL fan makes me kind of nervous. Did he ask for parley or something?

Looks like Mystar isn't too thrilled about this series after "working hard" with all the people making the show:

[quote]I expect to be disappointed, I expect to be mortified...I also expect to accept that it is what it is...A major motion co, trying to make some big bucks! ergo...they want to sell advertising, which translates into pitching to a younger crowd...that's where the $$$ is....[/quote]

Maybe trying to forestall the shitstorm that will come when the series inevitably sucks donkey balls (or fails to live up to the books).

Other than that, I think people are crossing the line with their comments about Mystar. This is looking a lot like harassment. Show some class.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1432815' date='Jul 9 2008, 02.21']I've often wondered who the "Random Tairy fan" is, but figured it could be any one of hundreds of nuts out there. I'll take a pm (and a link to the statement if you can find it) if you don't mind. :D[/quote]
I've sent it to you.

[quote name='respectabull' post='1433439' date='Jul 9 2008, 13.44']I don't know how I feel about this yeardite in our forums. it is one thing to have the Shining Enigma, because well... he is an enigma. Plus I believe he is Pita and that helps me get over it. Now this..... REAL fan makes me kind of nervous. Did he ask for parley or something?[/quote]
I don't think I can really do anything to convince you I'm not The Shining Enigma.
Also, if I were the Shining Enigma, don't you think I'd post in the TG.net boards already? I mean, it's not like I'm a decent person who has any sort of moral values or beliefs. Nor am I the type of person who would feel bad about trashing a place that I don't care much about. (Sorry Kheldar)
I actually haven't been visiting there since I had to start studying for tests and playing UT2004.

[quote name='The Pita Enigma' post='1434693' date='Jul 10 2008, 07.19']I don't think I can really do anything to convince you I'm not The Shining Enigma.
Also, if I were the Shining Enigma, don't you think I'd post in the TG.net boards already? I mean, it's not like I'm a decent person who has any sort of moral values or beliefs. Nor am I the type of person who would feel bad about trashing a place that I don't care much about. (Sorry Kheldar)
I actually haven't been visiting there since I had to start studying for tests and playing UT2004.[/quote]

Repeat something often enough and everyone will believe it... almost everyone

You can't fool me though Pita.

:lol:

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1432379' date='Jul 8 2008, 19.52']ETA: So now you know the name, and it's someone you know quite well. Are you gonna ask him about his "silly statement"?[/quote]
Yes. I've gotten a partial potential explanation from someone else, but I need to verify it with the original poster.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1432815' date='Jul 9 2008, 05.21']Shut up, you. It's more fun to speculate on the messed-up things that go on in there. :P[/quote]
Speculate all you want. I will tell you there's a thread in there discussing the Tomatoes threads, but it's pretty tame. We've had our own discussions regarding things brought up in those threads (discussing the books) as well as discussion about the arguments given here at Westeros....but nothing really major. Mostly, I've been told I'm wasting my time....well, it's my time to waste ;)

[quote name='respectabull' post='1433439' date='Jul 9 2008, 13.44']I don't know how I feel about this yeardite in our forums. it is one thing to have the Shining Enigma, because well... he is an enigma. Plus I believe he is Pita and that helps me get over it. Now this..... REAL fan makes me kind of nervous. Did he ask for parley or something?[/quote]
Nope. Parley would mean a cessation of hostilities, something I didn't expect when coming in here. Consider it an invasion...and be nervous...very nervous. ;)

I find it humorous that you declare this to be "our forums", as if they're closed to Goodkind fans, yet I have more posts than you.

[quote name='Dylanfanatic' post='1417356' date='Jun 26 2008, 23.01']And now, [url="http://www.terrygoodkind.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3572"]special words from Tairy[/url]:

[url="http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6573502.html"]Publisher's Weekly[/url]

Let the mocking commence![/quote]
The question I'm most keen to see answered is "will he pulls the same bait and switch as last time?" Will he start off as a 24/Clancy-style pure thriller and ends up as Randian fantasy after publishing just enough to make people read simply to finish the series? If he shoehorns Objectivism into the books from the get-go, that suggests he actually believes in it, that he's actually [i]pious[/i] about this shit. If he does a repeat performance, that means he's knows only the die-hard nutters (the same ones that pay $25 plus a book bought in-store to get a signature) will be willing to pay money for it initially and read simply for the objectivism - he'd be out to make money just as much as he is out to promote fakelosophy. I'm not sure which one I would prefer. The latter suggests he is honest but stupid, while the former suggests a degree of self-awareness I can respect but a penchant for exploitation I find distasteful. Meh.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1431264' date='Jul 8 2008, 04.47']It's possible that once Raimi and company are done with it the show may not resemble SoT that much, and after removing everything that must be removed in order to put it on tv it's also possible that it could be enjoyable. And not just as a shit-fest, which would be fine. One question is: where is all the money going? It can't be to the cast, since their using actors nobody has ever heard of. It can't be on special effects since book one doesn't have that much magic, really. And it can't be on sets and costumes, since if they're staying true to the books all the backgrounds will be made of cardboard and painted by children, and costumes will be nothing more than grey smocks with the persons social status written (probably by my*) on them, "pesant", "nobell", "kween", etc. That's what will happen by letting my* "behind the sceens". And you know these people are cracked if they're referring to the yearded one as "the master of the genre". What genre exactly?[/quote]

As someone who hated, just hated all the Spiderman movies I've seen, I'm rather equivocal about Raimi's involvement - he could fuck it up, but depending on how he fucks it up it could come out watchable (as in two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do, or multiplying a negative by a negative results in a positive; more specifically Raimi could just focus on the action and leave out the other bits). I really, really doubt it'll ever be anything beyond merely watchable, the source material is just too mediocre for it to be acclaimed. Anyway, TV gets more attention than books, so hopefully the reviews will feed on Yeardii’s insanity to produce some amusing bits. I analogize reading his own musings as akin to the train scene in Hancock. Stopable force hits immovable stupid.

Mmmm, mediocre.

Incidentally, Mystar's avatar in the WFR TV series thread has been on my [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:WLU&diff=prev&oldid=206292349"]user page since April[/url]. I would love to think it’s ‘cause he’s still stalking it but I’m thinking that’s pure ego talking.

[quote name='word' post='1435139' date='Jul 10 2008, 13.01']I had no idea that you still posted here WLU, I just assumed you were dead. I have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, sue me.[/quote]
Naw, not dead. But the summaries of Tairy's magnum o[b]pus[/b] ended up being so utterly tairyble sounding, so horribly bad, that they did kill off any pleasure found in mocking him. I don't make fun of kids with Down syndrome for the same reasons. But the extremity to which you took my absence touches my heart like Richard's own long, spine-ripping fingers (though in a good way, somehow).

I'm only here because Omnilord (who I persist in respecting) updated Tairy's wikipedia page with the link to how he's now no longer a genre writer. Oh, wait, now he's a [i]bi[/i]-genre writer, thriller and fantasy. Still missing that crucial 'literature' niche unfortunately, too bad. Poor Susan Allison, perhaps for a birthday or Christmas present she'll buy him a thesaurus with the 'instantly' entry pre-flagged. Anyway, I'm still barred from editing unfortunately, otherwise I'd point out that the link is used only to illustrate how many books he has sold, not the much more crucial point of how he's publishing three new books in a completely new [i]genre[/i] (still stings, doesn't it Tairy?) and further backs my belief that Tairy's fanboys are too obsessed with defending their Way, Truth and Light to realize what's important outside of their myopic little world. I respect Omnilord's fairness, reasonableness and sanity but I'm not making any promises for his ability to edit.

Word, if someone shows up at your house with a pizza that you didn't order, that's my process server. His name is Stan and he's actually a hermaphrodite. True story.

It appears that even the writers of seemingly innocent basketball blogs have been infected with the Yeard's writing:

[quote]There's even the feeling that, if given the chance, these men would reach into your stomach and, with a scream of primal rage, rip out your spine. So, naturally, I was bleeding from the mouth by the second game. Seriously.[/quote]

[url="http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/"]http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/[/url]

[quote name='Kheldar' post='1435082' date='Jul 10 2008, 09.31']Yes. I've gotten a partial potential explanation from someone else, but I need to verify it with the original poster.[/quote]
Please share this explanation once it's been verified.

[quote name='Kheldar' post='1435082' date='Jul 10 2008, 13.31']Mostly, I've been told I'm wasting my time....well, it's my time to waste ;)[/quote]
If you enjoy it (and I think you do) how can it [i]possibly[/i] be a waste of time?

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1435474' date='Jul 10 2008, 16.54']Please share this explanation once it's been verified.[/quote]
I get a real sense of dread over this. Like seeing somebody about to vomit. You're prepared to laugh at him, but [i]damn[/i], he's gonna hurl!!

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1435544' date='Jul 10 2008, 16.25']If you enjoy it (and I think you do) how can it [i]possibly[/i] be a waste of time?[/quote]
Why can't it be both? There's a masturbation joke in here somewhere.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1435544' date='Jul 10 2008, 16.25']I get a real sense of dread over this. Like seeing somebody about to vomit. You're prepared to laugh at him, but [i]damn[/i], he's gonna hurl!![/quote]
I have two solutions for you:

a) Dodge
B) Rain cape and rubber boots.

I would also like to add, God-[i]damn[/i] but I have missed Wolf Maid's avatars.

3. Passion rules reason.

6. The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.

9. A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole

Am I the only one who thinks this is weird?:P

[quote name='Marwyn' post='1435756' date='Jul 10 2008, 19.51']3. Passion rules reason.

6. The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.

9. A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole

Am I the only one who thinks this is weird?:P[/quote]
And keep in mind that Dick's power comes from blinding rage. Reason is just something Dick and co. like to talk about, it rarely seems to have any effect on the story. Like pimply teenagers who talk about sex but never get laid. It all ends up in masturbation of some kind.

There it is WLU, the masturbation joke.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1435770' date='Jul 10 2008, 18.59']And keep in mind that Dick's power comes from blinding rage. Reason is just something Dick and co. like to talk about, it rarely seems to have any effect on the story. Like pimply teenagers who talk about sex but never get laid. It all ends up in masturbation of some kind.

There it is WLU, the masturbation joke.[/quote]
I was hoping for something more along the lines of a circle jerk, but I'm sure the opportunity will arise.

Actually, .net IS a circle jerk. Never mind, problem solved.

All the discussion of the meaningfulness of Tairy's message is predicated on the idea that it is the result of serious, thoughtful reflection that somehow has some meaning. But I think we all know that is false.

MUST...NOT...GET...SUCKED...INTO...YEARD-BASHING...

Archived