Attendee list Denver 2008

I thought we'd keep this thread for the who's coming and [s]who's not coming[/s] those others, while the other thread can be used for general discussions.

[b]Definite[/b]
George and Parris
Stego and Lady Stego
Xray and Mr X
Isis
Ser Sean and Silanah
dajamieson and GoN
Lugalirra
Aoife
Kat
Ser Stubby and Laoise
Trebla
Teri
Dracarys
Ser Knight Somerville
LacyinTX
Alchemist
Maltaran
Greg
Michael Jon Snow
BlueRose
Regina and Fenryng
beniowa
Iceman of the North
Luzifers Right Hand
Dunhallym
Sophelia
RedEyedGhost
Ztemhead
Frosty
potsherds
themountaingoat
Lucky Pierre
RaceBannon
Faceless Dude
Snowleo
AutumnEvenings
Mandy
Caress of Cersei
arlington bill
tycho
Myrddin
Yagathai

[b]Probable[/b]
Tenalpia
Mormont
Paddy
FrankenGregor
Red Templar
Trey Greyjoy
Ser Elgernon
West
Watcher
Bazzlebane

[b]Possible but not likely[/b]
Silent Rider
Starkess
Balefont
Penandink
Jaxom74
Chataya
Lyanna and Joski
Ser Greguh
Phix
Bronn Stone
Lady Cheesevillage

[b]Not going[/b]
needle and Zak
Zollo
Mich
Padraig
Tyria et al
Kel
Jon Targaryen
Lany Cassandra
Aratan
Tomfoster
Werthead
Pebble who hides
Ghosts Companion
Raidne
SerMelT
Rakehell and Mrs. Rakehell

[quote name='The Iceman of the North' post='1432846' date='Jul 9 2008, 12.39']AE and Snowleo have been put further down on the list, and FD added. Kat has always been there.[/quote]

I think TMG meant there should be in the "definite" category and not the "probable" one, not that they were definitely not sure to come. ;)

Yup was just gonna say that :)

Snowleo and AE go in the "definitely will be there" section

In fact you have Snowleo currently listed in two sections

I think I'm right in saying Pebble who Hides will not be going now :(

And I think Ghosts Companion is at best "maybe" rather than definite now :( IW is still extremely unlikely though ;)

[quote name='Mandy' post='1433136' date='Jul 9 2008, 07.50']I'm a definite.[/quote]
Then move me to the 'definitely not' group. :P

(Actually, I can't make it for sure, as much as I'd like to. The last hope vanished yesterday. MindyLou's attendance has nothing to do with it.)

I can be added to the Possible But Not Likely group.

With my big professional conference in Denver the following week, it's looking unlikely that I can wrangle any time away from work. And with just having bought a new car I really shouldn't be spending the money for a membership in any event. (Not to mention, I can't actually drive the new car yet as it is a five speed and I am not road-approved. My only way down would be if the husband wanted to drive me, and he seems pretty uninterested in the con.)

I don't mind missing the con (it would have been my first, and seems like it might have been a bit much for con-virgin), but I am [b]really[/b] bummed not to get to hear GRRM read.

[quote name='Lady Cheesevillage' post='1433996' date='Jul 10 2008, 00.01']I don't mind missing the con (it would have been my first, and seems like it might have been a bit much for con-virgin)[/quote]
I wouldn´t have worried about that btw. For 90% of US BwBers, a Worldcon is their first meeting. (Works differently outside the US since there aren´t that many WCs).

Shame you can´t make it anyhow. :)

[quote name='Padraig' post='1434746' date='Jul 10 2008, 07.27']Shame you can´t make it anyhow. :)[/quote]

Miracles do happen, and I [i]am[/i] awfully close (we're just about a 45 minute to one hour drive to downtown, depending on traffic)...But miracles are rare and me being broke and swamped is more common.

[quote name='The Iceman of the North' post='1435035' date='Jul 10 2008, 11.05']You could always just pop down for an evening. Just check out here about what plans are out there, not everything is going to take place at the convention centre, so you might not need to buy a membership.[/quote]

I will certainly do so. I may also pop down for a bpal event. Thank you!

What's everyone doing for transportation from the airport into town? I would be happy to pay gas money if anyone has room in a car, or we could look into hiring a van. I will be arriving noon-ish on Wed.

Should this be in its own thread?

[quote name='LacyinTX' post='1436688' date='Jul 11 2008, 11.05']What's everyone doing for transportation from the airport into town? I would be happy to pay gas money if anyone has room in a car, or we could look into hiring a van. I will be arriving noon-ish on Wed.

Should this be in its own thread?[/quote]

Lacy, I'm planning to take the [url="http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/"]airport bus to downtown[/url] unless someone is arriving at a similar time to me and wants to share a shuttle.

Archived