NFL offseason II

DanteGabriel

[quote name='rhombencephalon' post='1462691' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.00']I can certainly sympathize with a lack of teams to cheer for in Iowa... I lived in Davenport for 3.5 years. [b]I'll never forget when they pre-empted Law and Order for the state high school wrestling tournament...[/b] :stunned:[/quote]

Doesn't surprise me in the least! We got days and half days off of school anytime one of our teams made it to a state meet/match/tournament.

[quote name='Starkess' post='1462518' date='Jul 30 2008, 13.41'](Although, he [url="http://bostonist.com/attachments/boston_caroline/010307-tom-brady.jpg"]wasn't so droolworthy at first[/url].)[/quote]

:rofl:

Is there anything more demeaning than the Scouting Combine photos of guys in their underwear? I feel like GMs are about to flick tightly wadded bills at him, screaming at him to pick them up as he sobs.

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1462525' date='Jul 30 2008, 13.44']To his credit, college chicks are more [url="http://www.drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx"]Eli Manning's style[/url]. ;)[/quote]

What's sad is, Eli Manning couldn't find a more photogenic picture of himself for his myspace page.

[quote name='Chriskele' post='1462663' date='Jul 30 2008, 15.45']I'm a huge sports fan but I don't really have an NFL team. It makes the NFL thread feel wrong somehow. In all the other sports threads, I have shit to talk...

I need to think about this...[/quote]
Let the bidding begin!

[quote name='Chriskele' post='1462663' date='Jul 30 2008, 15.45']I'm a huge sports fan but I don't really have an NFL team. It makes the NFL thread feel wrong somehow. In all the other sports threads, I have shit to talk...

I say go for the Jets or the Eagles. You will never have a shortage of people to argue with.

The Bengals are the only obvious choice here. At the very least, it will be good for your karma.

[quote name='Swordfish' post='1462735' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.20']You keep using that word.

i do not think it means what you think it means.....[/quote]

A little.

That means some support as opposed to little which mean not much support.

[quote name='Red Templar' post='1462729' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.18']The Bengals are the only obvious choice here. At the very least, it will be good for your karma.[/quote]
There's one team more hard-up for fans than the Bengals, and as it turns out, is probably not that far, geographically, from Tris's current location in the Inland Empire.

I speak, of course, of the Arizona Cardinals.

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1462738' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.24']There's one team more hard-up for fans than the Bengals, and as it turns out, is probably not that far, geographically, from Tris's current location in the Inland Empire.

I speak, of course, of the Arizona Cardinals.[/quote]

Here in Ohio, we have a saying - the closest thing Arizona sees to professional football is when the Buckeyes come to play in the Fiesta Bowl every couple of years.

[quote name='Red Templar' post='1462745' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.27']Here in Ohio, we have a saying - the closest thing Arizona sees to professional football is when the Buckeyes come to play in the Fiesta Bowl every couple of years.[/quote]

:lol:

We say in Iowa that the reason we don't have a professional sports team is because then Minnesota will want one too. :)

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1462738' date='Jul 30 2008, 15.24']There's one team more hard-up for fans than the Bengals, and as it turns out, is probably not that far, geographically, from Tris's current location in the Inland Empire.

I speak, of course, of the Arizona Cardinals.[/quote]

'Cept they [i]do[/i] have a fan on this board. Per Iocum.

Might wanna consider a team that has no fans on this board. Like the Chiefs. Or the Panthers.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1462748' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.29']'Cept they [i]do[/i] have a fan on this board. Per Iocum.

Might wanna consider a team that has no fans on this board. Like the Chiefs. Or the Panthers.[/quote]
Football fans are like cats. They keep each other happy when they're paired. Mexal and Red Templar found each other, let's get Per Iocum a buddy too.

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1462399' date='Jul 30 2008, 09.40']The issue is him sulking on the sidelines while his team played their guts out. We expect injured players to be rooting on the sideline, hyping up their teammates, taking part in huddles, etc. Not squatting on a bench with his cloak and visored helmet on, sulking like a Sith lord whose apprentice has upstaged him.[/quote]

Yeah, what a crybaby. Just like his coach and how he stormed off the field before the game was even over when he knew his team had lost.... oh wait, that wasn't Norv Turner :kiss:

ETA- I may have to become a part-time Colts fan because, per usual, it really doesn't look like there's going to be a reason to root for the Lions (again) and dear god, why would I want to root for anything from Ohio?

[quote name='DanteGabriel' post='1462757' date='Jul 30 2008, 15.36']Football fans are like cats. They keep each other happy when they're paired. Mexal and Red Templar found each other, let's get Per Iocum a buddy too.[/quote]

I understand my manic-depressive fandom.....now.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1462765' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.45']dear god, why would I want to root for anything from Ohio?[/quote]

Because even though you think you hate it, you find yourself irresistably drawn to it.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1462748' date='Jul 30 2008, 16.29']'Cept they [i]do[/i] have a fan on this board. Per Iocum.

Might wanna consider a team that has no fans on this board. Like the Chiefs. Or the Panthers.[/quote]

the Panthers have fans? Who knew?

[quote name='Bormon' post='1462785' date='Jul 30 2008, 15.55']the Panthers have fans? Who knew?[/quote]

In theory. Never actually met one.

Personally, I think most of Carolina is just waiting for the return of their once and future liege lord, the Washington Redskins. They sing "Hail to the Redskins" in their cups, as Panther goon squads goosestep outside.

So there is a [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3512348"]report[/url] that the Pack have offered Favre 20 million over 10 years to STAY retired.

[quote]The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, citing a source close to the situation, on Wednesday reported the Packers were considering seeking a deal with one of their rivals, most likely the Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears, if all else fails.

That follows reports that the Packers on Wednesday offered Favre a substantial sum of money -- as much as $20 million over several years -- to stay retired.[/quote]

My question is: If the Packers pay him that money, does that count against the cap?

[quote name='Bormon' post='1463574' date='Jul 31 2008, 09.18']So there is a [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3512348"]report[/url] that the Pack have offered Favre 20 million over 10 years to STAY retired.

My question is: If the Packers pay him that money, does that count against the cap?[/quote]

I saw that this morning. He only gets the money if he doesn't come to training camp, though, and from what I've read, he's planning on coming in tomorrow. The guy is nuts.

Archived