College Football

Gold Storm

[quote name='HokieStone' post='1595956' date='Nov 20 2008, 20.07']Thank you Georgia Tech. And thank you Maryland for beating UNC last Saturday. One week after blowing it, VT now controls their own destiny again.[/quote]

The ACC is kinda nuts this year with every team defeating each other. I have no idea what team will win it all; however, I have been impressed with the job that Paul Johnson has done at Georgia Tech, in his first year he has turned the team into a flex bone attacking offense (about the complete opposite from Chan Gailey two yards and a cloud of dust offense). I just want to see what he can do with his own players in a couple of years. This years good old-fashion hate game between Georgia and Tech should be a good one.

VT has a good shot at making it, I am happy to see that they have been able to turn around their season after how it started.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1596330' date='Nov 21 2008, 10.02']VT has a good shot at making it, I am happy to see that they have been able to turn around their season after how it started.[/quote]

LOL we haven't turned around our season. Everyone else has just come down to our level. We still suck just as much at offense as we always have.

Man I wish I was in Bowling Green for the game tonight, after all its only the biggest game of the season. Instead I'm stuck listening to it streaming online. If we win we clinch the MAC East, if we lose its not all over for us, but it makes things difficult.

GO BULLS!

[quote name='FezRock' post='1596974' date='Nov 21 2008, 15.31']Man I wish I was in Bowling Green for the game tonight, after all its only the biggest game of the season. Instead I'm stuck listening to it streaming online. If we win we clinch the MAC East, if we lose its not all over for us, but it makes things difficult.

GO BULLS![/quote]

Good luck, man.

Apparently, they did an OtL piece on the only Buffalo team to ever get a bowl bid (the team decided to turn it down because the bowl, in Florida, wouldn't let their two black players play)... it was front page on espn.com yesterday.

!!!

!!!

They won, they actually fucking won. Unbelievable. We were down 21-0 halfway through the third quarter, things looked to be shaping able to an old school loss; maybe the team got cocky, maybe Bowling green really was that much better, who knows. And somehow, someway, the team got its act together. The defense finally got its act together, at least enough to theoretically get back into the game, and the offense just exploded. Possibly the greatest (and certainly the largest) comeback in recent buffalo history, and the game gets sent to OT 27-27. An incredible finish, I wish I was there.

This has been a season for the ages for Buffalo, not just the winning and the probable bowl berth, but the games themselves. They are really entertaining, knock-down drag out fights all the way. We've had 4 games go to OT, where we're 3-1; and almost all the rest have also been close, hard fought games not decided until late in the 4th quarter. In fact only 2 games have really been blowouts, when we did it to UTEP and when Missouri did it to us.

And of course we clinched sole possession of the MAC East title tonight, a first for us.

[quote]Apparently, they did an OtL piece on the only Buffalo team to ever get a bowl bid (the team decided to turn it down because the bowl, in Florida, wouldn't let their two black players play)... it was front page on espn.com yesterday.[/quote]

Yeah I saw that, cool stuff. I vaguely the knew the story, though not all the details. Nice to see that Buffalo is finally considered big enough to have some of its history told; if we were 1-10 right now like we always were up to only 3 years ago, I doubt that story would've been published.

And now 50 years later we're ready to get back into the bowl business.

Congrats Fez! I'm looking forward to the highlights tonight.

[quote name='TheHoundRules' post='1597111' date='Nov 21 2008, 21.39']I am officially worried about the UGA vs. GT game. 8 in a row would be great, but I am not sure it is going to happen. I am glad it is in Athens.[/quote]

GT's offense has thoroughly impressed me. I know they've faltered at times, but I watched most of the Miami game and I can't believe what kind of plays GT was pulling off on offense. I never expected that level of play from a team undergoing a radical change while in the first year. I'm wondering if DC's don't know how to defend against it and if opponents will eventually figure it out. We'll see.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1597152' date='Nov 21 2008, 23.29']GT's offense has thoroughly impressed me. I know they've faltered at times, but I watched most of the Miami game and I can't believe what kind of plays GT was pulling off on offense. I never expected that level of play from a team undergoing a radical change while in the first year. I'm wondering if DC's don't know how to defend against it and if opponents will eventually figure it out. We'll see.[/quote]

Paul Johnson ran this offense at Ga Southern and won championships. He did it at Navy and won a lot of games. I knew he would be successful at GT. I did not think it would be year 1................you see RR, that you can change an offense with someone else's players.

The good thing is that UGA has an off week and can prepare for the offense that GT brings. I expect a very high scoring game.

Thanks guys.

In non Buffalo related football news, even though I really dislike Syracuse I'm absolutely pulling for them to upset the Irish today. I didn't like this [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3713537"]story[/url] from a couple days ago about how there are a bunch of bowls (better then the sort that Buffalo will be getting into) that are still really interested in getting Notre Damn even though they've never had a 5-loss team playing in them, which is how the Irish will probably end the season. Well, lets see how they like a 6-loss team. Com'on Orange!

A win, but a sloppyish one. Missed a freakin field goal on one trip to the red zone and got screwed out of a touchdown by the officials on the very next trip. I still lack faith in Stewart, it looked like White twisted his ankle on one of the last plays of the game after it was well in hand. We need to win out to have a shot at winning the Big East and thats not going to happen if Pat White is hurt. He shouldnt have been in there. Anyway, otherise it was a huge day for White. He broke Donovan McNabb's record for most Big East touchdowns and broke the all time rushing record for a QB.

Hahaha, I could kiss a 'Cuse fan today. 20 point underdogs and beat Notre Dame @ Notre Dame. I think the Irish can go ahead and forget about snatching our Gator Bowl spot since theyve now lost to two Big East teams this year, one coming against the [i]worst [/i]team in the Big East. Oh man, that game almost makes me happier than the WVU win.

[quote name='S John' post='1597735' date='Nov 22 2008, 18.08']Hahaha, I could kiss a 'Cuse fan today. 20 point underdogs and beat Notre Dame @ Notre Dame. I think the Irish can go ahead and forget about snatching our Gator Bowl spot since theyve now lost to two Big East teams this year, one coming against the [i]worst [/i]team in the Big East. Oh man, that game almost makes me happier than the WVU win.[/quote]

I love it. Ha. ND sucks.

ND fans threw snowballs at their own [url="http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/2008/11/22/notre_dame_snowballs.html"]players.[/url]

LSU sucks also. Ole Miss is taking it to them.

Washington found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It does show how pathetic both WAZZU and the DAWG are, neither team could score a TD in overtime; however the Cougs won and now they have two victories this year :cheers:

Seems Pitt cant do anything right. For once in my life I need them to win and it doesnt look like theyre going to be able to. Someone has to beat Cincy for West Virginia to win the BE, if Pitt can't do it then its all up to Syracuse. I don't like those odds.

Oh my freaking gawd, the Beavers just won on a last second FG, their starting QB was hurt the top RB in the PAC 10 gut hurt, the kicker missed a XP. But they still found a way too win. My heart almost stopped. the Civil War will be huge next week. :cheers: :thumbsup: :hat: :D

Archived