Batman 3 is titled "The Dark Knight Rises"

Xalinor

I'm still on the optimistic side of the fence here. The brief glimpses of Bane in the teaser, the fighting pictures, and especially Tom Hardy's work in Bronson lead me to believe that the action will be believable and highly visceral.

On the other hand, the picture of Bane in a brown leather longcoat and body armor looked very... costume-y. Like someone cosplaying as Bane.

But who knows, it might look awesome in the actual movie, or only be there for a split second. More good than bad so far, and Nolan definitely has the track record to back it up

I agree. We need to see these characters and costumes in the context of the film as while they may look a little silly on their own, may well work fine with Nolan's director's eye filming them. At the end of the day Bruce Wayne dresses up as a Batm and we still take him seriously because of the way the film's are made.

I wonder if Hathaway is trying to steal Megan Fox's "sitting on a bike" trophy?

• 4 months later...

Anyone seen the new poster for The Dark Knight Rises? It's on IMDB, and I saw it while I was looking to see if Cillian Murphy was going to be back (and he totally is!).

But seriously, the new poster is sexy as hell.

Anyone seen the new poster for The Dark Knight Rises? It's on IMDB, and I saw it while I was looking to see if Cillian Murphy was going to be back (and he totally is!).

But seriously, the new poster is sexy as hell.

Yeah, I saw it yesterday. Damn, I'm wondering how bad is Batman going to get it from Bane. Maybe all the way to... death :devil:

Trailer looks good but sort of confirms some of the feedback from the people who saw the prologue. Namely that Bane's dialogue is unclear due to the mask. I hope we don't have to suffer both lead actors displaying irritating voice stylings.

If you watch the trailer, you can see a brief clip of Bruce walking with a cane.

So I don't know if his back will be broken, but I have a feeling he's going to get pretty effed up. The part with Bane telling gloating over a bruised and ETA: battered Bruce is pretty chilling too.

I felt a bit of hope though. That part where Bruce asks what that chanting means, and the man responds "Rise" made me think that perhaps this is about Batman getting defeated and coming back.

Keep in mind, this is supposed to take 8 years after The Dark Knight. I'm kind of excited. I liked The Dark Knight trailer better, but this is still pretty good.

Like I told my roommate, if this movie is 75% as good as The Dark Knight, I'd still be pretty damn satisfied.

football field CGI is really bad (I guess it might not be finished)

Batmobile flying through the air is a Transformers ripoff.

The first time I watched it was in the premier of Sherlock Holmes (which was borderline terrible), and I was really worried because I didn't like it. Mainly due to the way the football CGI looked. Then I watched the trailer again, and I feel much more reassured, I think you're right about it not being finished.

Also, that wasn't the Batmobile, the Tumbler was also in the shot. And seriously, don't compare something Chris Nolan has done to something Micheal Bay was involved in. That's beyond sacrilege

Personally, I find Tom Hardy as Bane to be creepy as all hell. I love it.

As far as the time/date in the movie, that puts Bruce at about 40 years old and coming off the bench to fight a badass terrorist who's addicted to a steroid-like substance and an intimidating name to match with it: Bane. I feel like he's going to get his ass kicked and then hand the reins to Jason Gordon-Levitt.

Also, that wasn't the Batmobile, the Tumbler was also in the shot.

Well, it's not the Batmobile, it's the Batwing. But (spoilers for anyone who's been avoiding any info-leakage from set-photos and that here)

there appears to be more than one Tumbler involved anyway, possibly belonging to Bane.

Well, it's not the Batmobile, it's the Batwing. But (spoilers for anyone who's been avoiding any info-leakage from set-photos and that here)

there appears to be more than one Tumbler involved anyway, possibly belonging to Bane.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO SPOILERS BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I noticed that there seemed to be multiple Tumblers as well, not to mention that Catwoman is riding around on the Batpod, kinda makes you wonder what's going on in Wayne Interprises...

Also; who is Bane talking to when he says he delivers his snazzy line? Is that Scarecrow?

I thought it was Wayne, but Cillian Murphy is supposed to make a return. This will be his 4th strait Chris Nolan film where he has a bag over his head. I'm gonna take another look at the trailer.

Anyone see the IMAX prologue????

It's awesome. Wasn't expecting a prologue but the whole audience was immediately drawn into it. At the end of it I turned to my mates and said, 'We need to see this here at IMAX when it comes out.' and I could hear several others around us whispering the same thing.

Have to say though, I struggled to understand what Bane was saying. They should have subtitles for his dialogue.

Archived