Batman 3 is titled "The Dark Knight Rises"

Xalinor

Does this mean that the Long halloween is also part of the plot for Bat3? The story has Catwoman in it too. I guess it could just be a nod of the head to the comics though.

Wasn't Long Halloween part of the inspiration that Nolan says he used for the movies?

Nolan has made pretty good use of source material in Long Halloween and Year One have in his Batman movies.

I just checked Long Halloween out of the library and was pretty amazed at how some of the panels really echoed scenes in The Dark Knight--specifically the meeting between Jim Gordon, Harvey, and Batman on the rooftop.

So I'm pretty OK with additional Halloween or Dark Victory elements, such as Alberto Falcone, being introduced, as long as its done well.

Oh, and nerd PS.

Alberto Falcone was not the only Holiday Killer

Nolan has made pretty good use of source material in Long Halloween and Year One have in his Batman movies.

I just checked Long Halloween out of the library and was pretty amazed at how some of the panels really echoed scenes in The Dark Knight--specifically the meeting between Jim Gordon, Harvey, and Batman on the rooftop.

So I'm pretty OK with additional Halloween or Dark Victory elements, such as Alberto Falcone, being introduced, as long as its done well.

Oh, and nerd PS.

Alberto Falcone was not the only Holiday Killer

But Dent wasn't married in TDK... unless Rachel Dawes is the Holiday Killer!!!!

But Dent wasn't married in TDK... unless Rachel Dawes is the Holiday Killer!!!!

Clearly, she

faked her death and secretly teamed up with the Joker to become an Holiday/Harley Quinn amalgamation, Holiday Quinn!

My theory of "everyone who was in Inception will be in DKR (unless they have already been in it)" gains more weight with the Aint it cool news rumour that Marion Cotillard has signed on to the film. It remains to be confirmed but, if true, only really leaves Ellen Page without a role in the film. I think Marion could do a good job in the film - the Talia suggestion would fit but she would also make a great Poison Ivy (though i doubt Ivy will be in it).

To be honest I hope the cast doesn't get much bigger as I'm fearing the film could be overbloated at it is - especially of Hugo strange will still appear. While Robin williams is another Nolan actor maybe they'll try and get Dicaprio involded? Although i can imagine Dicaprio has a busy schedule.

My theory of "everyone who was in Inception will be in DKR (unless they have already been in it)" gains more weight with the Aint it cool news rumour that Marion Cotillard has signed on to the film. It remains to be confirmed but, if true, only really leaves Ellen Page without a role in the film. I think Marion could do a good job in the film - the Talia suggestion would fit but she would also make a great Poison Ivy (though i doubt Ivy will be in it).

To be honest I hope the cast doesn't get much bigger as I'm fearing the film could be overbloated at it is - especially of Hugo strange will still appear.

Nolan is a big fan of working with the same actors over and over. There's even a chart midway down his wikipedia page. Michael Caine does take the cake, appearing in his last 4 movies with The Dark Knight Rises making it 5.

To be honest I hope the cast doesn't get much bigger as I'm fearing the film could be overbloated at it is - especially of Hugo strange will still appear. While Robin williams is another Nolan actor maybe they'll try and get Dicaprio involded? Although i can imagine Dicaprio has a busy schedule.

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but Ellen Page could (IMO) make a great Robin. That might a little redundant for her however, as she will be playing Rainn Wilson's sidekick in James Gunn's upcoming SUPER.

I love Marion Cottilard. Absolutely love her. I just saw La Vie en Rose the other night and was blown away. Glad she's in the movie.

That being said, this movie is getting bloated. If the rumors are correct, we have Talia, Bane, Catwoman and whoever JGL is playing. Seems a lot.

That being said, this movie is getting bloated. If the rumors are correct, we have Talia, Bane, Catwoman and whoever JGL is playing. Seems a lot.

On the one hand, you might be right. On the other, Batman Begins handled three (Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow and Ra's) seamlessly and without any effort, and I don't think it could be too much more difficult to add a fourth, so long as none of them becomes as front-and-centre as Joker was in TDK.

On the one hand, you might be right. On the other, Batman Begins handled three (Carmine Falcone, Scarecrow and Ra's) seamlessly and without any effort, and I don't think it could be too much more difficult to add a fourth, so long as none of them becomes as front-and-centre as Joker was in TDK.

I trust Nolan and the story he wants to tell. Just getting a bit worried it could end up like Spiderman 3. We'll see how he uses the characters.

Someone's probably already mentioned this, but Ellen Page could (IMO) make a great Robin. That might a little redundant for her however, as she will be playing Rainn Wilson's sidekick in James Gunn's upcoming SUPER.

What a strange fucking cast. Rainn Wilson as the lead; Ellen Page, Liv Tyler, Kevin Bacon, Andre Royo, Mal Reynolds Nathan Fillion... just weird. I might actually have to see that, but Wilson scares me. Dwight is great, but I haven't been a huge fan of his in other stuff (though I haven't seen that much other stuff). He frequently seems too goofy.

I might actually have to see that, but Wilson scares me. Dwight is great, but I haven't been a huge fan of his in other stuff (though I haven't seen that much other stuff). He frequently seems too goofy.

I was shocked (in a good way) by his performance in The Last Mimzy. At first my brain was boggled by the presence of Dwight, but I actually lost that reaction fairy quickly.

I love Marion Cottilard. Absolutely love her. I just saw La Vie en Rose the other night and was blown away. Glad she's in the movie.

Me too, mate. I'm a fan of both her and JGL, so I'm more than willing to spare their continued inclusion in Nolanmania. Not as pleased with the continued use of Michael Caine, but we have no choices with this one.

What a strange fucking cast. Rainn Wilson as the lead; Ellen Page, Liv Tyler, Kevin Bacon, Andre Royo, Mal Reynolds Nathan Fillion... just weird. I might actually have to see that, but Wilson scares me. Dwight is great, but I haven't been a huge fan of his in other stuff (though I haven't seen that much other stuff). He frequently seems too goofy.

From the reviews I've read, Rainn Wilson does a pretty good job. I've only ever seen him in Juno and the occasional Office episode.

If tDKR includes Robin, I can see how they could fit in a large amount of villains: the odds would even out a little.

I'm...phenomenally confused how Ellen Page would make a good Robin. Is poster drunk?

The perky, slightly spritely Robin who always has an optimistic view on life? I can think of few women who would be worse than that kind of thing. The only way it could work is if they had her in the Carrie Kelley (DK returns) Robin - a very inexperienced, cocky girl who comes of age during the period.

But...I think the whole concept of Robin just doesn't work in this universe. Certainly not the way it's set up.

Archived