NFL Thread 14 - Super Bowl

Mexal

Yea I was hoping for Matthews of course, maybe some homerism in there, but if not him then - yes please... Polamalu. Matthews does seem slightly more like a game impacting player. And he's only in his 2nd year in the NFL. Packer GM/scouting seems to know their gig.

He's mediocre.

I'd say he's a step up from mediocre. Solid or whatever.

He's mediocre.

This was my initial take. Mediocre or solid, either way, stillbeen a little disappointed with Hawk's career as I thought he'd be a force in the middle but he just seems like another guy.

This was my initial take. Mediocre or solid, either way, stillbeen a little disappointed with Hawk's career as I thought he'd be a force in the middle but he just seems like another guy.

Hawk is, IMHO completely replaceable. In fact at the beginning of the season he was not even a starter and if I recall correctly he did not ever play in an early season game. He has stepped it up since all the injuries, but he has had to. He is probably the 5th or 6th best linebacker that was on the roster.

He seems like a nice guy, but he is a huge disappointment.

On the radio earlier, they were giving some pretty convincing stats for Polamalu. Over the last 2 seasons, when he starts a game they average 1 turnover more and 7 points fewer given up.

Just got a link on Facebook to an image of a Bengals jersey, number 85, with the name "ATTN-WHORE" emblazoned on the back.

Best part about it was it was posted by Chad himself seeking feedback about another possible name change. Say what you will about the man, he's got a sense of humor.

Just got a link on Facebook to an image of a Bengals jersey, number 85, with the name "ATTN-WHORE" emblazoned on the back.

Best part about it was it was posted by Chad himself seeking feedback about another possible name change. Say what you will about the man, he's got a sense of humor.

He posted it on Twitter. I saw and laughed.

I'm still waiting on the OC announcement. This needs to get sorted.

I'm sure the Redskins fans have probably read this, but for the rest of us, wow: The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder. I only got to the B's before I had to come post this because it's both hilarious and horrible.

Oh man. I knew Snyder was bad, mostly from the posts of Redskins fans here (those poor, poor souls), but I had no idea he was that bad.

I'm sure the Redskins fans have probably read this, but for the rest of us, wow: The Cranky Redskins Fan's Guide to Dan Snyder. I only got to the B's before I had to come post this because it's both hilarious and horrible.

That was amazing.

Vanilla: Flavor of ice cream that Snyder left to thaw in defensive coordinator Mike Nolan’s office TWICE in one season to let the coach know the owner felt his schemes were simplistic, or vanilla. John Feinstein wrote that Snyder’s second delivery, after a loss to Dallas, consisted of “three giant canisters of melting 31 Flavors ice cream” and a note that said “I do not like vanilla.”

What. the. fuck.

These range from the maniacal to the totally incompetent to the unintentionally funny (like the Vanilla one).

This:

Andyman: Fake name widely believed to be used by top Redskins officials to post anti-media rants on fan message boards. In 2005, Washington City Paper reported that Karl Swanson, Snyder’s longtime PR chief, had registered on sportsjournalists.com, a website where Andyman often sniped at The Washington Post. Andyman, which could be Pig Latin for Danny M (Snyder’s first name, middle initial) all but disappeared after the report.

is all three. And may give us insight into Zadok's presence on this board.

I live in DC, and two years ago I was stuck doing Grand Jury duty, and two of the other people on the jury had met Snyder, one socially (I think she had gone on a date or two with him back in the 80s, and apparently had socialized with him outside of that, I think (she recalled a party where she picked a jacket up off the couch, and was trying to figure out whose kid it belonged to before she realized it was Snyder's; I think she claimed the jacket was from the children's department of Bloomingdales)), and the other fellow was a lawyer who had done some work with one of Snyder's media concerns. Anyway, the first word they both used when describing him was "asshole."

Archived