Maester’s Path: 3rd Puzzle

Westeros

My computer is also too slow to run the flash animation, so I can't get too the horn fast enough to blow it in time. Fail.

The second test with the hard-to-hear talk/wind was bad enough, but this is worse. It's like a bagpipe; it blows and it sucks.

My computer is also too slow to run the flash animation, so I can't get too the horn fast enough to blow it in time. Fail.

The second test with the hard-to-hear talk/wind was bad enough, but this is worse. It's like a bagpipe; it blows and it sucks.

Bagpipe? <_<

Anyway, agreed that this 'puzzle' was not a good one at all. The interface was clumsy and the only challenge lay in getting it to do what you wanted without giving up. Boo!

Can't believe no one else has picked up on the fact that it should have been two horn blasts for Wildlings...

I did and I was prepared to blow it again when I was told I've won... That was the second downer after the laggy interface. And the modest amount of characters (just 4 brothers with 1-2 lines) too. I guess they compensated the underwhelming challenge with the release of the new trailer and Stark feature to call it a good week's work.

I wouldn't have minded one or two more tasks to complete, either... and yeah, I too initially thought that the trick would be sounding the horn the right number of times. Would have been a sweet touch.

Didn't have much trouble with the interface, once I got used to how I was apparently drunk and reeling around maniacally... And the clip was cool. Bit happier with Dinklage's accent there, when he doesn't seem to be forcing or exaggerating it as with the Inn at the Crossroads clip.

If they stick to senses, taste and touch are left... What odds that the taste one will have the option of your accidentally poisoning yourself, and that the reward clip will be Ned with Pycelle discussing Jon Arryn's death?

Didn't have much trouble with the interface, once I got used to how I was apparently drunk and reeling around maniacally... And the clip was cool. Bit happier with Dinklage's accent there, when he doesn't seem to be forcing or exaggerating it as with the Inn at the Crossroads clip.

Mild spoiler for AGOT

When we saw the awkward accent from Dinklage, part of me secretly hoped that Tyrion was intentionally affecting a bit of an accent to appear more "Lordly" before the denizens of the Inn at the Crossroads. Thought it too cockamamie to mention, but now I'm reviving the theory.

If they stick to senses, taste and touch are left... What odds that the taste one will have the option of your accidentally poisoning yourself, and that the reward clip will be Ned with Pycelle discussing Jon Arryn's death?

They seem to be going around the locations as well - we've had Winterfell, the Inn at the Crossroads and now the Wall. If the taste one is in King's Landing, then I'm guessing touch will be across the Narrow Sea - either in Pentos or the Dothraki sea.

Actually Bronn, somebody did mention that Tyrion does change his accent depending on events (maybe after seeing the 15 minute thing in LA? Can't remember now). The one in the inn is striking. The other accents are fine though.

Yeah I think Tyrion is clearly trying to show off and act very lordly in the Inn scene and this is reflected in his accent. It's a struggle he'd faced his entire life to be taken seriously, so I can see him trying harder than necessary to put on airs in front of the commoners. The accent probably is a challenge to Dinklage too, and if we get more seasons of GoT, he'll probably master it better.

This challenge was really easy, and I'm glad it wasn't laggy on my computer though I hated the way we had to use the mouse to move. I did however really love the visual of the Wall and being able to look down from it. I think GoT has great video game material should the series prove popular enough to warrant such a tie in project.

Archived