What are you listening... three?

valacirca

I'd rather go to the perth festival :)

Well it was a good day in the end. Modest Mouse, Foster the People and The Kills were great, but The Hives stole the show :thumbsup:.

Uh, guys,

is obviously the best Final Fantasy song.

Pfft, you young'uns know nothing! Can't beat

when it comes to gimmicky FF songs...

Uh, guys,

is obviously the best Final Fantasy song.

Actually

is the best Final Fantasy song. No question :P

I haven't been listening to a lot of new stuff lately, but I did pick up two

Group albums for a buck a piece at my favourite record store the other week . I think they sort of qualify as emo --not certain, as the whole emo thing exists completely in my periphery-- but I like them just the same.

Just went on a post-tax return splurge and bought the debut album of Foster The People, the new Bon Iver (based on recs from this thread) as well as some older albums/EPs from The National, The Decemberists and Fleet Foxes that I previously missed out on.

Fot the last month or so I've been obsessively listening to Frank Turner's England Keep My Bones. Yes, I know he's a bit of a shit, but this doesn't come through as much on the new album!

I've heard good things about this album. Will have to check it out. What's the best track on there if I want a sample?

Nobuo Uematsu-The Sending. One of my favorite pieces of Final Fantasy music ever. :D

That was actually Masashi Hamauzu arranging some half-assed composition from Uematsu into a work of beauty.

'Closure' - Opeth

Martin Lopez is truly one of the greatest drummers alive.

My Morning Jacket "Circuital." AWESOME. Also just bought albums by Grizzly Bear, Fleet Foxes, Lykke Li, Royksopp and Bon Iver. True Confession: I discovered several of these artists thanks to the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack. Stephanie Meyer is a shitty writer, but her musical taste is not bad.

snow "emo playlist" leo

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

My Morning Jacket "Circuital." AWESOME.

Yep, still loving both of these. I wasn't sold on Helplessness Blues at first, but I've warmed to it over time and now believe that Montezuma, The Shrine/an Argument and the title track are up there with anything in the previous album. Moral of the story: don't doubt Blaine's album reviews :ohwell:.

Archived