What are you listening... three?

valacirca

I have been absent from this thread for a few months due to travels but I have a new album by Young The Giant that is self titled.

Apartment was their first song making the rounds on Triple J over here and I really enjoyed the rest of the album. Trisk I'm looking at you here.

Ha, this band was a year or two behind me in Uni; I saw them playing in the coffee shop maybe two-and-a-half years ago. They were known as "The Jakes" then; I only realized today they'd changed their name to "Young the Giant". They played the VMAs last night. Fuckin' weird.

I've been listening to the new Incubus album - If Not Now, When?

Um, aside from that I've listened a lot to (this will be a big list) Circa Survive, Mumford & Sons, As Tall As Lions, The Civil Wars, Emarosa, Glen Hansard + Marketa Irglove (Also known as The Swell Season), The Joy Formidable, Mute Math, Minus the Bear, and Pendulum. Also, quite a bit of classical music too.

Yep.

Currently listening to a lot of Jens Lekman (my recent trip to Göteborg, aside from allowing me to meet the King and Queen of the Board :thumbsup: , also allowed me to find out his first album and compilation). I'm eagerly waiting for his next album, but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry :(...

I've been digitizing my entire CD collection over the last few days -- something upwards of 500 to 600 CDs, perhaps even more.

So really it's more of a question of what haven't I been listening to; Everything from Buck-O-Nine to Sunn O))) to Bettye LaVette.

I saw

in Cologne yesterday, so I've obviously been listening a bit more to them today. Awesome voice, and it's lots of fun to see her put everything together right on stage.

Now they only need to stop spelling their name in such an annoying way...

Checked out RHCP's I'm With You.

Well, I was with them all the way through Stadium. Not so sure anymore. A couple of great songs, but I'm just not re-listening to this album over and over like I did with every other RHCP album. I have elephant-mangled ears so I can't say anything about the guitarist change. It all sounds fine to an average non-musician joe like me. But there isn't a single defining track that would be /with me/ (ugh, I hate that title btw) through the next few decades, like Scar Tissue, Under the Bridge, Snow, I Could Have Lied, etc. Those songs are immortal to me... nothing is immortal about this album.

In other news, Amy Winehouse, Asking Alexandria, Bon Iver, Rise Against, TV on the Radio, waiting on new Blaqk Audio.

OK, I finally got my hands on the entire Temper Trap album. I'd heard a handful of the main tracks but less than half of the album. Holy fuck, it's good. Who is this singer? He's like some Tiger Woods of indie rock; some superpoly poet with a voice from heaven. Friscuit wants next album soon, but will be content to digest this one for some time.

Props to my Aussie mates who rec'd this one long ago.

Temper Trap is great! I really liked Fools first but since watching 500 Days of Summer and hearing Sweet Disposition it's become one of my favorites.

I have been absent from this thread for a few months due to travels but I have a new album by Young The Giant that is self titled.

...enjoyed the rest of the album. Trisk I'm looking at you here.

Aww, Ski! I was just coming here to rave about them. Can't stop listening to the album and Mav and I haven't stopped singing "Cough Syrup." To me this is a quintessential autumn album.

I just came across Within Temptation last year, i can't enough of them. And with recently becoming a huge fan the ASOIAF series, i feel their music for the most part is very earth but strong. I just think Within Temptation temptation and ASOIAF go well together.

Heres a Link to a Fan Made Game of Thrones Vid with some Music from Within Temptation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlXqNI__YU

Heres a second Link, not as good as the first. I wish someone would make a more appropriate video with this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSE18VksMQ

Listening to a mixture of old and new stuff ATM. Still in love with Boy & Bear's

and a few tracks from the Bon Iver album (especially
, which in a weird way suits the city it's named after) but also going back to some old stuff from Dire Straits and Paul Simon's solo career. And I'm about to head to the shops to buy that Frank Turner album Hereward rec'd a little while ago...

OK, I finally got my hands on the entire Temper Trap album. I'd heard a handful of the main tracks but less than half of the album. Holy fuck, it's good. Who is this singer? He's like some Tiger Woods of indie rock; some superpoly poet with a voice from heaven. Friscuit wants next album soon, but will be content to digest this one for some time.

Props to my Aussie mates who rec'd this one long ago.

Heh, yeah have to admit that was a good album rec from Le Swifty. FWIW, Fader is my fave track.

Archived