[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

• 4 months later...

Jon's a bastard. I know this may come as a shock, but what did those "men" you listed have in common? They're all noble men whom could be considered a golden meal ticket for any woman thinking of showing off some cleavage.

I imagine Jon's not exactly deficient in the looks category. A healthy lifestyle, relatively high-class upbringing and the diet that goes with it, works wonders in a setting like like this.

Which is why wildlings seem to "enjoy" him, they don't give a shit about titles, birth, silks and perfumes.

• 3 months later...

Might seem like a silly question, but we've seriously had no physical beauty evaluation on Jon in years. I had been hoping for Melisandre's PoV to give an indication of what Jon looks like these days, but she didn't do it.

I'm of the suspicious that Jon is pretty darn handsome. Both Val and Alys seemed to find him attractive, though that might have been only because of his being close to their ages and in a position of power.

If R+L=J is true, then surely Jon is pretty darn handsome. But it also depends on which genes he got from mom and dad are dominant. Since he was described as a Stark through and through, then Jon is only handsome, and not pretty darn handsome. :P Doesn't matter, me thinks, as long as he got hot admirers vying for his attention.

If R+L=J is true, then surely Jon is pretty darn handsome. But it also depends on which genes he got from mom and dad are dominant. Since he was described as a Stark through and through, then Jon is only handsome, and not pretty darn handsome. :P Doesn't matter, me thinks, as long as he got hot admirers vying for his attention.

My thoughts, exactly. Just consider his parents [as I'm of the viewpoint that R + L = J is a reality, not a theory]. Also that he and Arya look so much more like Lyanna, whom we at least know was beautiful enough for Raegar to bestow the 'blue' rose upon at the tourney.

With that said, I think a large part of Jon's attractiveness comes from the fact that he's an honorable and effective leader, and very masculine. The old Kings of Winter would have approved of his manliness quotient, except for the "lord's kiss" which would have disgusted them.

I think that this is it. I think he is probably slightly above average in looks, but he has an aura of manly leaderness. This was something he grew into though, so it wouldn't have affected the girls in Winterfell as much as the women he met afterwards. I think Alys felt safe with him, which helps explain her 'if we were Ironborn, I'd be your salt wife' attitude.

While it is described that Jon has Stark looks it is mostly in terms of coloring - brown heir, grey eyes, pale face. I don't remember him having a long Stark face - its Arya's lot.

I was thinking that while everyone says he looks like Stark, but if R+L=J, he got to have something from his dad. I was actually thinking that maybe he does look like Rhaegar in terms of shape of face, nose, eyes, mouth but he got his mother's coloring thats why everyone thinks that he is sooo Stark looking. (Especially compared to other Stark kids other than Arya - who have Auburn heir and blue? eyes - with obviously different coloring).

Maybe if he were to come f2f with Dany (though I doubt that would happen) there will be some resemblence, but without actual Targ face to compare with, he is Stark only because of his coloring

While it is described that Jon has Stark looks it is mostly in terms of coloring - brown heir, grey eyes, pale face. I don't remember him having a long Stark face - its Arya's lot.

I'm fairly certain that Jon has been described with a long face as well, I just can't remember where. He defiantly has the same face as Arya though.

Though I do agree that if R+L=J is true (which I believe is so) than he would have something of Rhaegar in him too, we just don't know what yet.

As to him being handsome: I think a mixture of his looks - which I think, like Arya, he had to grow into; His scars, which would make him look a bit wild and wolfish and dangerous; as well as his temperment, which is cold and comanding and passionate at the same time; as well as being the LC and having power and status.

Just any one of these alone might make him attractive but all of this would make him be diserable.

His looks alone though- we don't really know what he looks like, we can only guess that (if R+L=J) then he would, at least, look decent. But we only get a few descriptions of him in GoT when he is 14, we haven't had any since and, as I said above, he may have had to grow into his looks like Arya.

edit: spelling

This very important topic returned back to life. LOL.

I believe I added my two cents a long time ago, but since I've recently come across a photo of a random guy who looks almost exactly what I have always pictured Jon looking like: with a very prominent long face, brown hair, sad grey eyes, and a sullen, serious facial expression. Only his lips shpuld be thinner and harder (and he shoudn't have the "R" mark on his face, of course).

As for Lyanna, the woman he probably got his looks from, my mental interpretation of her nears the images of Jessica Lowndes. Everything seems to fit: dark brown hair, grey eyes, long face, thin, attractive, lively looking (imo).

I think Jon is actually very very handsome but unfortunately he lives in a time where the preferred look for guys is that they be "pretty". I mean look at all the descriptions of Jaime,Rheagar,Robb,Jeoffrey,Loras;they all have one thing in common they are dashing male dolls.Hair perfect,curls in the right place,fair.Seriously that's like 5 prince charmings.

Who finds Jon good looking? Craster thinks Jon is prettier than half his wives/daughters.

A giant comments to Tourmound Giantsbane who's the girl sitting next to him. Speaking of Jon

Ygritte thinks he has a pretty face.

Bran's take on him and Robb . "He was of an age with Robb, but they did not look alike. Jon was slender where Robb was muscular, dark where Robb was fair, graceful and quick where his half brother was strong and fast.(AGOT Bran 1)

I envision Jon to look like Logan Marshall Green with longer hair.

http://www.awardscircuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/logan.jpg

Actually I love Jon Snow :wub: , in the book of course, I think that Jon Snow in the series is somewhat bland, and I do not want to speak bad about Kit as I think he is a good actor, but the problem is in the way that have adapted him in the series, they have lost many of his qualities.

With regard to his physique, I've always imagined Jon as Aaron Johnson http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba0552e05e5f9fa8de79bdb4005ef4f3/tumblr_ml5fih6qAj1roz82bo1_400.jpg but with gray eyes, and the truth is that Jon is attractive to me cause he is a leader, a very passionate guy, who defends the weak and fight for what he believes.

Bitches love Lord Commanders. Plus he has an albino direwolf, that's the Westeros equivalent of rolling up in some awesome limited edition sportscar. And a Valyrian steel sword, which is like having a watch that shoots lasers. Plus he cut Janos Slynt's head off. He's like if James Bond killed Hitler.

All this just leads to the obvious, that the girls flirt with Jon to make Sam jealous. Nevermind that Sam's not around half the time, they know he's gonna hear about it and finally make his move on them, just as they've dreamed.

Wait... if having an albino direwolf is like owning a limited edition sportscar, what is being an albino then? Poor, poor Bloodraven. He'd have been jumped plenty. :P

Jon reminds me very much of the old comic strip character "Prince Valiant". I had a huge crush on Valiant. I think Jon's goodness makes him all the more attractive. He was never homely to begin with but his strength of character adds to his looks.

I believe I added my two cents a long time ago, but since I've recently come across a photo of a random guy who looks almost exactly what I have always pictured Jon looking like: with a very prominent long face, brown hair, sad grey eyes, and a sullen, serious facial expression. Only his lips shpuld be thinner and harder (and he shoudn't have the "R" mark on his face, of course).

wow, thats someone you would call average looking?

Jon is neither handsome nor unattractive. He's described as taking his appearance after Ned (though since Ned isn't actually his father, he takes it after Lynna's Stark genes): medium tallish, lean and with dark hair and a long, plain face.

^we have a winner.

wow, thats someone you would call average looking?

I don't know. What does "average looking" exactly mean? The ideal changes from time to time, from place to place, from person to person. In-universe, characters seem charmed by Rhaegar's silver hair and purple eyes, but people from the board claim he reminds them of My Little Pony and all kinds of effeminate boys from Japanese comics.

Personally, I don't find that guy in the picture (no offence to him whatsoever) especially beautiful or handsome. Interesting, maybe.

Also from what I've gathered, Jon should not look "average" as in "common". It seems that his long face and cold grey eyes are his trademark (at least as long as Arya's not around) and make him easily distinguishable.

ETA: Other potential candidate is Rick Burn. With him my list of young brown-haired, grey-eyed and long faced men ends. Then there is Christopher Heyerdahl; he's far too old, but his face is reaaally long.

Leave Todd out of this. :P

I don't think being described with a longer face means they have one that reaches from high in the sky till the floor. It just means not having a round face... I don't think his ears are extra big, and same for his nose.

Lyanna was pretty, and one of those faces on a woman definitely isn't pretty, nor is it really on a man. If Rhaegar noticed her, she must have just not have had a round one. Is there a word for a face between round and long?

Leave Todd out of this. :P

I don't think being described with a longer face means they have one that reaches from high in the sky till the floor. It just means not having a round face... I don't think his ears are extra big, and same for his nose.

Lyanna was pretty, and one of those faces on a woman definitely isn't pretty, nor is it really on a man. If Rhaegar noticed her, she must have just not have had a round one. Is there a word for a face between round and long?

Oval? nah, I don't know.

I agree - just because it says that Jon (and other Starks) have a long face doesn't mean they have exaggerated features.

It may be that the Stark "look" has to do with the coloring someone alluded to up thread.I can't envision Benjen or even Brandon with this kind of modern vamp thing going on.The description of the previous Stark generation was that Ned was quiet,Brandon was hot tempered Lyanna was wild.I don't know about Benjen,but one thing was for certain they had a particular coloring.

That being said,maybe Jon does have some physical features of his father,except its overshadowed by his Stark coloring.Plus my boy got pretty banged up out there in the mean world.It would probably take someone really close to Rheagar to see it;like Jon C.

Edit: clarity

Archived