Unpopular opinions III

brashcandy

More unpopular opinions that I'll spoiler just because (looking forward to the formal expiration announcement...):

Jon is dead, and whatever he returns as will not be Jon.

Jaime's corpse is hanging from a tree in the riverlands, with an apple shoved between his teeth.

More unpopular opinions that I'll spoiler just because (looking forward to the formal expiration announcement...):

Jon is dead, and whatever he returns as will not be Jon. Jaime's corpse is hanging from a tree in the riverlands, with an apple shoved between his teeth.

Makes complete sense about

Jon. If he comes back in a different body or is undead, then R+L=J means nothing to the rest of the story, which would be histerical if it was then discovered to be true and everyone assumes he's dead.

I just can't see Jaime surviving an encounter with unCat.....unless my favourite crackpot theory comes true and the BWB infiltrate Riverrun during Daven's wedding (using Jaime as a way for them to get the gates open) and then proceed to peform their own RW.

I've convinced myself that either Cersei is right and Tyrion is the valonquar, or that the prophecy isn't going to come true in the obvious way (one of her brothers).

With how Tyrion is walking around fantasizing about raping and murdering her, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it is him at all. If he ever sees her again, he will kill her, and he just hired an army of his own.

Jaime considered and rejected the idea of killing Cersei in AFFC, and now that I've read ADWD I think that closes the page on Jaime as the valonquar.

I could be wrong, of course, and I definitely subscribed to the Jaime Valonquar theory before ADWD came out. But I don't think I'm wrong. ;)

I actually think it is possible that the valonquar could be one of the priests/monks (no, not Sandor, someone else). Especially if she blows the Sept up with wildfire like I'm currently rooting for her to do. Monks are called "brother" after all.

ADWD spoilers

Wouldn't it be funny (well, not really, but..) if Jon was actually for real dead? Everyone is like OMG NO JON HAS TO COME BACK TO LIFE MAN-WOLF-MAN AZOR AHAI OMG. If Grrm has balls (and he's proven that he has three times before, although the Sack of Winterfell is an iffy example), he will just leave Snow dead for good.

ADWD spoilers

Wouldn't it be funny (well, not really, but..) if Jon was actually for real dead? Everyone is like OMG NO JON HAS TO COME BACK TO LIFE MAN-WOLF-MAN AZOR AHAI OMG. If Grrm has balls (and he's proven that he has three times before, although the Sack of Winterfell is an iffy example), he will just leave Snow dead for good.

It was demonstrated by the prologue that he would immediately enter Ghost's body...wouldn't absolute death be a continuity error? I'm all for him just being stuck in Ghost, of course, as it keeps a perspective in the North but doesn't follow the whole 'Jon pulls a jesus' thing

It was demonstrated by the prologue that he would immediately enter Ghost's body...wouldn't absolute death be a continuity error? I'm all for him just being stuck in Ghost, of course, as it keeps a perspective in the North but doesn't follow the whole 'Jon pulls a jesus' thing

What will the wolf do, then? There has to be a purpose behind turning Jon into a wolf and what could it be? I don't think his wolf is going to pad off to find his younger siblings or kill Ramsay and since he is tied to the storyline of the Others, I'd say it has to involve either the Wall or the lands beyond the Wall. Maybe Wolfman will go to Hardhome and let us know what is screeching in the caves?

It seems likely there will be a big wildling rebellion over his death though.

You're right, yeah. I suppose George could have Marsh kill off Ghost, but I'm willing to bet Mel has already taken him from Jon's quarters. She asks Snow where Ghost is during his last chapter.

But like Alexia said, I'm guessing a Battle on the Wall is going to ensue after Snow's death. I just wish George would kill a character off for good, we haven't had that happen in so long.

Makes complete sense about

Jon. If he comes back in a different body or is undead, then R+L=J means nothing to the rest of the story, which would be histerical if it was then discovered to be true and everyone assumes he's dead.

I just can't see Jaime surviving an encounter with unCat.....unless my favourite crackpot theory comes true and the BWB infiltrate Riverrun during Daven's wedding (using Jaime as a way for them to get the gates open) and then proceed to peform their own RW.

Wow, that just blew my mind Rapsie haha. It would make too much sense. Brilliant.

As much as I hate Jaime I would find it absolutely hilarious if he and Brienne killed Stoneheart. I hope Arya never sees what a monster her "mother" turned into.

EyeheartSansa

It's unpopular because GRRM has basically already denied it.

Here's citations:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So why did you kill Jon Snow?

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?

http://shelf-life.ew...ocking-twist-g/

April 14, 2008

Jon Snow’s Parentage

[Will we learn more of Jon Snow's parentage?]

Eventually, yes.http://www.westeros....nows_Parentage/

I was more annoyed by all the cliffhangers.

Anyways, I was thinking about the fetus argument earlier in this thread. How far along was Dany when Rhaego was killed? It felt like she carried him almost to full-term. I don't think she was in her early trimesters so it was more like having a forced stillbirth.

Hey looks like this is the thread the madness ended up at. My sisters of Sandor and now unpopular opinions lol. you guys need to watch your posts, this thread is starting to look like the Sandor threads a lil, and i don't wanna see any of you get hit with bans. Watch those spoiler tags to guys, so far they haven't official announced that spoiler tags aren't needed anymore for ADWD. Just looking out for you guys, now the CROW is off, i have a war to win :fencing:

I was more annoyed by all the cliffhangers.

Anyways, I was thinking about the fetus argument earlier in this thread. How far along was Dany when Rhaego was killed? It felt like she carried him almost to full-term. I don't think she was in her early trimesters so it was more like having a forced stillbirth.

What I always wondered how intentional was from MMD to kill Dany's child? I know she acknowledges it. But Tyrion acknowledged that he killed Joff before a lot of people.

MMD warned Dany that no one can step into the tent while she is doing the ritual. Then Dany started to birth? (some must remember it more correctly, that is why I think Dany's child was several month old, probably at least 7?) , and she needed to brought to a healer, and Jorah carried her into the tent to MMD. Dany was in a really bad position and she was not able to protest.

But on the other hand, it means Jorah went into as well, and it doesn't seem like he became affected?

So, would Dany's child turned into a monster, and dead, even if she wouldn't be brought into the tent?

If not, how could have MMD made sure that Jorah would bring her in?

I'm not sure why Rhaego came out like a monster but , "Only death may pay for life" "My death?" She told herself she would die for him, if she must. "No" Mirri Maz Duur promised. "Not your death, Khaleesi." Dany trembled with relief. "Do it."

Dany didn't understand that it meant Rhaego's death and MMD didn't clarify that to her.

Well, I guess either Mirri Maz Duur lied to her, or else the blood magic she performed did it to him.

No, she never explicitly told Dany whose death, but Dany was too quick to believe it was the horse, she might have suspected, or at least she should have asked more closely. After all, Mirri Maz Duur never says it's the horse's death that pays for Drogo's "life", she just demands it be brought to her.

But to unpopular opinions and crackpot theories - Rapsie, I too love your

that other red wedding

one.

(not sure if that tag was necessary, but whatever.

I suppose my least popular opinion is that Brienne is my favorite character and I love her chapters.

I don't ship Jamie/Brienne because I don't think he deserves her, and I am among those who find SanSan deeply creepy.

I think Ned made a mistake in not telling his daughters the reason they were leaving King's Landing in such a hurry. If he had, I think things would have gone better. They at least would have been prepared for what happened after.

EyeheartSansa

It's unpopular because GRRM has basically already denied it.

Not exactly, though.

It could as easily mean he comes back as Wolfman, or that he comes back as fundamentally changed as Catelyn did when she became Lady Stoneheart.

Not exactly, though.

It could as easily mean he comes back as Wolfman, or that he comes back as fundamentally changed as Catelyn did when she became Lady Stoneheart.

Cat wasn't even supposed to be revived because she had already been dead for days. Thoros refused to do it. Mel is not Thoros though. I don't think she even knows that she can do that. Her POV showed to me at least that she doesn't really know what she's doing. Jon will be revived some other way that we haven't seen before.

Or the do you think he's dead comment could mean that he didn't even die. He's just in a coma and he will be kept in the ice cells. Cold preserves and the magic in the wall will restore his body.

Archived