How I Met Your Mother 3

Tammy

Surely the Ted-Robin thing should never have cropped up again after he discovered she in no way wanted children, no?

Honestly, I find myself rolling my eyes at most of this stuff, more than laughing.

Thank the Force for Barney Stinson.

Big fan of how it was resolved. I also liked Marshall telling Robin to GTFO. I didn't understand Marshall laying in bed saying "Not Yet" like there's still something to be resolved out there.

Barney asking if he could make that baby his was classic. I love everything about him in this episode. Including the casual brush off of Robin when Ted figures it all out.

I have also missed a few episodes here and there. The significance of everyone carrying a yellow umbrella?

I have also missed a few episodes here and there. The significance of everyone carrying a yellow umbrella?

It belongs to the Mother. It's been salted throughout the series to tease the audience into thinking their on the verge of seeing the Mother. This past week with all of those umbrellas was meant ot be symbolic that there is a Mother out there waiting for anyone...you just have to find her.

And I didn't take Barney's dismissal at the news of Robin being single as a brush off at all. He almost seemed like he was trying to convince himself...

I was actually a bit surprised about Robin's completely firm stance in not wanting children--and not even considering adoption.

I guess when she was so upset when she found out couldn't have them, I thought she wasn't so sure.

That was about what I expected with Ted/Robin, but well-handled. Setting Ted up to finally meet the mother!

Really? You hate poor ol' Barney so much? If not for him that show wouldn't be what it is - he really brings out the humour.

I really hoped (and still do) he sticks with Nora, she seemed the girl for him. Robin ain't a girl for any1 imo, she's fucked up in the head :).

Oh, don't get me wrong, Barney is effing hilarious. As a viewer, I love him.

I just think he's a terrible person and that after the way he has treated women for years and years the last thing he deserves is a good relationship. I've never felt sorry for him when he was upset about Robin or Nora or whatever. Especially because he has never even shown the slightest bit of remorse or growth as a person in that aspect of his life.

That was about what I expected with Ted/Robin, but well-handled. Setting Ted up to finally meet the mother!

Oh, don't get me wrong, Barney is effing hilarious. As a viewer, I love him.

I just think he's a terrible person and that after the way he has treated women for years and years the last thing he deserves is a good relationship. I've never felt sorry for him when he was upset about Robin or Nora or whatever. Especially because he has never even shown the slightest bit of remorse or growth as a person in that aspect of his life.

We've been at that same point since the beginning... :laugh:

Last nights episode was interesting. and really introduced some major changes to the story.

I think that Ted's story was pretty good, with him wondering what to do with the empty room. It gave us a few funny moments, and ultimately led to a huge shift in the story. I wonder what we will see from Ted as the season continues, and how big of a change this will turn out to be.

The Marshall/Lily/Robin storyline didn't do much for me. Although Robin writing in her diary was funny, I am not sure that I buy Marshall and Lily being that disatisfied with suburban life. And if they didn't like it, don't they still have their old apartment (which was such a big deal a few seasons ago, and just sort of faded away) because I don't remember them selling it. It seemed like a convenient way to tie them back into Ted's story.

The Barney/Quinn story was...meh. I am at the end of the day unsure why Barney likes Quinn. She seems like just a detour until he meets his actual wife, but at least with Nora we had someone who fits with the "Barney-trying-to-be-better" storyline. I feel like he better meet the Mrs. Stinson soon in order to give us enough build up to what I assume is the end of the season wedding.

The Barney/Quinn story was...meh. I am at the end of the day unsure why Barney likes Quinn. She seems like just a detour until he meets his actual wife, but at least with Nora we had someone who fits with the "Barney-trying-to-be-better" storyline. I feel like he better meet the Mrs. Stinson soon in order to give us enough build up to what I assume is the end of the season wedding.

What makes you believe Quinn isn't the bride? :P

And if they didn't like it, don't they still have their old apartment (which was such a big deal a few seasons ago, and just sort of faded away) because I don't remember them selling it.

They sold it to the guy upstairs, who wanted to combine the two apartments. It was in the episode where they debated moving to Long Island, and if I remember correctly, they were waiting for a "sign" to convince them to go. A knock on the door, and it's the guy from upstairs carrying a random For Sale sign and wondering if their apartment is for sale.

What makes you believe Quinn isn't the bride? :P

Call it a feeling.

Plus Becki Newton is commited to another show that is created by HIMYM's creators. :P

They sold it to the guy upstairs, who wanted to combine the two apartments. It was in the episode where they debated moving to Long Island, and if I remember correctly, they were waiting for a "sign" to convince them to go. A knock on the door, and it's the guy from upstairs carrying a random For Sale sign and wondering if their apartment is for sale.

Ahh, cool. I didn't remember that part.

I absolutely hate saying this - but TED's a DOUCHE. I know, there's been much talk about the doucheyness of Ted. And I have done my best not to get caught up in it - but dear God - there's no way the Ted we've seen to date would ever be the right energy to attract someone who is as cool as the "mother" has been described.

And I know that much of the premise of the show is how he needed to grow up and be ready for her - but after years of doucheyness, I don't want her to be with someone who falls in love every 10 seconds with someone who could be "the one".

I really liked this episode. I felt like it took the show forward. I really like how this show lets it's characters change. That said I felt sorry for Ted, I feel like he is fading out of his own show. I like that this show lets it's characters struggle for more then one episode.

Nothing too important, but as I was watching older episodes I noticed that Barney had previous relationships/one-night-stands with another stripper named Karma. This was mentioned in the season 3 episode "The Bracket". Just an interesting little oversight by the creators (maybe?)

I absolutely hate saying this - but TED's a DOUCHE. I know, there's been much talk about the doucheyness of Ted. And I have done my best not to get caught up in it - but dear God - there's no way the Ted we've seen to date would ever be the right energy to attract someone who is as cool as the "mother" has been described.

And I know that much of the premise of the show is how he needed to grow up and be ready for her - but after years of doucheyness, I don't want her to be with someone who falls in love every 10 seconds with someone who could be "the one".

Why do you hate saying that? I love saying it. Ted is like the douchiest douche that ever douched. I couldn't give a shit less who his eventual wife was at this point. I almost wish we did not have a DVR so I would never have to see Ted's douchy face again.

Since most of my friend's tell me that I'm Ted's real-life analog (mostly because of my penchant for wearing sweaters and sweater vests), I can't help but take some offense to this.

Listen folks, I can't help that have a myriad (look it up in the encycloPAEdia) of interests and am better than you all. Its my cross the bear. :P

Actually, I like all the shows characters. They're basically just 30-somethings with some exaggerated traits.

As for the recent episode, I did find myself congratulating Ted on his decision. It was a solid move. Also, I loved how the stripper didn't believe Barney had a gay black brother and a mother who was a groupie. That was a nice touch.

Anyway, I do think its time for them to start wrapping up. I'm hoping next season is the last.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the season has been strong.

This most recent episode is really there to set up Barney's wedding with the third candidate: Quinn. (Loved the Quinntervention!). It fits nicely, whether that's where the creators want it to be or not. They can work it in any direction, so kudos for that.

Now, if the wedding is Quinn or Nora (can't be Robin, why would the Mother be invited to that wedding...right?), I do think that the "other tie" Barney refers to is Robin.

Couple things to clear up this year still: How does Marshall end up at the casion in the Ducky Tie? Robin's abscence, as alluded to this week, Barney's "wedding"...

Archived