London Festive Gathering

Isis

Do military sabres count? I figure fencing swords won't. (Though the fencing swords would give me the unfair advantage.)

Everything counts and there are no rules - well done for defending your husband - but I'm pretty sure I would have you pet ... :) For what it's worth - I would feel bad afterwards - for a bit ... :)

It seems such a shame ( not to mention a bit silly ) to split the do like this. With respect to Montaingoat and anyone else who genuinely cannot make the friday - I think we should all make an effort to pull together - to enjoy each other's company and raise money for our future events. As such - if anyone has prizes that they can donate to the raffle - attending or not, please contact me - and let's think outside the box in terms of prizes. For instance, I will be donating a 90 minute film combat class to be held at the winner and my next convinience ( Eastercon/ Chicon/ Semana Negra or over skype in extreme circumstances ).

So please take my good natured appeal as it was intended and let's get into not only the spirit of the BWB but also of all that is festive and Yuley y/y ?

ETA - me speaking my mind in good spirits :)

Everything counts and there are no rules - well done for defending your husband - but I'm pretty sure I would have you pet ... :) For what it's worth - I would feel bad afterwards - for a bit ... :)

It seems such a shame ( not to mention a bit silly ) to split the do like this.

What's this no rules thing? There are plenty of rules, and I don't intend to tell you any of them, or stick lame to my foil mask bib. :P

And I agree that it's a pity to split the do, but when we've had two dates proposed and certain people simply can't make one or the other, the only solution would be finding another date, leaving half the people out, or splitting the do. I refer you to Sean not being able to do that crucial week except 16th, and all the people who can't do 16th itself.

The only options for a full group meet therefore aren't in that week. 7th? 19th?

The only options for a full group meet therefore aren't in that week. 7th? 19th?

I suspect it just wouldn't be possible to find a date for a full group meet, it would be hard enough normally, but especially hard in December, Isis' suggestion seems to be the best option.

Maybe we should have another meet sometime in the New Year when people's schedules are probably less hectic?

It would be nice if every single one of us could make it out on the same date but we've all just demonstrated that it's not possible at short notice though, i.e.this side of Christmas. The date for the festive bwb meet (i.e. the one I started this thread to arrange) was set when I asked people to vote and then tallied the votes. We're not going to, at this point, start trying to pick a different date for this event. It's done. By all means feel free to organise additional merry gatherings and let us know what you have planned. :)

in advance, as (new) friends if anyone suggests a club and i seem remotely likely to say yes, please point me in the direction of the nearest tube, i have to be up at 0445 the next day and i am ever so weak when it comes to alcohol!

You'll be missing out on the best bits. After 1030 one of us gets it into our head to go to a bar up by Marble Arch and that's when the fun really starts...

Just go straight from the bar to work - I don't see what can possibly go wrong. :)

N

Right, apologies for being shockingly shite at sorting the pub out. I will get on it right now.

I would rather avoid the Porter House as long as everyone isn't completely adamant it's the place to go because I despise the place and all it stands for. Other than that it's ok. :)

Watch this space!!

If you would like to come along to a festive meet please select from the following options:

i) Wed 14th Dec

ii) Fri 16th Dec

iii) I can make either date and have no preference

Please keep your ifs, buts and maybes to a minimum as far as humanly possible. Thank you. :)

*thanks to Tom for teaching me this lesson

ETA: Anyone new to meeting people from the internet/the BwB/this site/anything is most welcome. Don't be shy.

Ooooh ooooh can I come meet you guys? I can do either date :)

is there some sort of nerd uniform i am expected to wear so we all recognise one another?

Can we come in Star Trek uniforms?

You called ? I believe I win - I shall hang your heads from my belt as trophies - apart from yours McGeek - which I will drink gin from as my chalice ...

and name the date as friday.

If anyone else owns a sword - a real one - and fancies their chances, feel free to challenge me ... ?

I have an antique Chinese Qiang?

Ooooh ooooh can I come meet you guys? I can do either date :)

Can we come in Star Trek uniforms?

I have an antique Chinese Qiang?

1. You are more than welcome quirksome, we love to see new faces at these things. We're going for the 16th.
  2. I'll be upset if you come in anything other than a Trek uniform. I'd wear mine but it wouldn't go on my left arm these days.
  3. Lets just save the Quiang for another time or I know I'll end up impaled somehow!!

Archived