Grimm (now merged with other Grimm thread)

LugaJetboyGirl

It's probably in my top five favourite shows on TV but if someone asked me why I would probably have no idea how to answer!

Because it's FUN.

And vpn through a US server and stream it for free on hulu. No need to wait. I watch a ton of UK shows well before they make it to the US (and some that never do).

A big part of the allure (besides Captain Renard) are the sets. I love Nick and Juliette's house, but Monroe's is just amazing. And the scenery and atmosphere are big draws for me.

Portland is very beautiful. I miss it every time I watch Grimm.

Despite what I had initially said about Renard's death raising the stakes, what they ended up doing was amazingly good to watch. So cancel everything that I said before, Renard's resurrection was well handled! Seeing Renard's mother come in like that was great to watch. Plus her looking like his younger sister... despite that I almost immediately figured that she'd end up being his mother, perhaps it was the way that she looked at him and was revealed. Good setup there.

Going over to Chavez, I think she might still end up being an ally considering what we've been led to believe about the Steinadlers. Their loyalties are usually difficult to ascertain but they do have a strong sense of honor and duty. I doubt that Chavez would do anything to betray her loyalties to the FBI unless she had a good reason so I have a difficult time believing that she works for the Royals. Working for the Resistance or even the Wesen Council, however, would not necessarily force her to betray her FBI duties so in a sense she'd be a lot like Nick. Plus we know that the Royals know what Nick is for a certainty so there wouldn't need to be any reason for her to "test" Nick like that to see that he's a Grimm. Besides which the Royals already know why Nick doesn't have his powers. So I'm thinking that Chavez is with either the Resistance or the Wesen Council.

Despite what I had initially said about Renard's death raising the stakes, what they ended up doing was amazingly good to watch. So cancel everything that I said before, Renard's resurrection was well handled! Seeing Renard's mother come in like that was great to watch. Plus her looking like his younger sister... despite that I almost immediately figured that she'd end up being his mother, perhaps it was the way that she looked at him and was revealed. Good setup there.

Going over to Chavez, I think she might still end up being an ally considering what we've been led to believe about the Steinadlers. Their loyalties are usually difficult to ascertain but they do have a strong sense of honor and duty. I doubt that Chavez would do anything to betray her loyalties to the FBI unless she had a good reason so I have a difficult time believing that she works for the Royals. Working for the Resistance or even the Wesen Council, however, would not necessarily force her to betray her FBI duties so in a sense she'd be a lot like Nick. Plus we know that the Royals know what Nick is for a certainty so there wouldn't need to be any reason for her to "test" Nick like that to see that he's a Grimm. Besides which the Royals already know why Nick doesn't have his powers. So I'm thinking that Chavez is with either the Resistance or the Wesen Council.

Doesn't the Wessen Council also know that Nick is the Grimm? Didn't Nick have interactions with that assassin the Council has send a couple of times to Portland?

Doesn't the Wessen Council also know that Nick is the Grimm? Didn't Nick have interactions with that assassin the Council has send a couple of times to Portland?

This is true, but they've never been able to confirm it since it's always been second-hand. For all they know he's just a Portland cop who's been sending them ppl. Oh wait, nevermind, Nick met the assassin in person didn't he. So yes, the Wesen Council should know who he is. Then again so should the Resistance since that thing in 'Cat and Mouse'. However, the Royals have the least excuse to be uncertain since they've had the most contact with Nick and also know why he has no powers. The Council and the Resistance have each had only limited contact with Nick and each time only by a single person so it could be construed that their contacts were mistaken.

I personally lean towards her being with the Council considering her abducting of Trubel. There's been no indication on the show of any ties between the Council and the Resistance or the Council and the Royals. They seem to be neutral mediators which seems a perfect position for a Steinadler. Plus the Council has been relatively out of the storyline for quite a while. The Council may see Trubel as a Wild Card that has to be dealt with whereas the Resistance wouldn't want to risk their alliance with Renard by doing such a thing in his territory. They know that he has a Grimm on his side, since he told them, and kidnapping him/her wouldn't do much to keep that tie strong. Unless they really don't trust him because he's related to the Royal Family. Still the one thing I'm counting on is that a Steinadler wouldn't ally herself with the Royal Family so of that I feel comfortable.

A fourth but probably least likely possibility is that it is a new US govt. organization coming on the scene to oppose the Royals and other European-based organizations. The US is particularly aberrant to the ideas of a monarchy so would have some stake in opposing any challenge to their global hegemony plus they clearly have Wesen up and down their military ranks.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's been awhile since anyone's commented here. So there's Nick who seems to be about to get his powers back. Alot of ppl haven't liked this storyline so I wonder if that's had any effect on ppl commenting here. Then again, last week was supposedly a season high in viewership depending on how accurate the Nielson rating system can be expected to be.

I've been enjoying it. It feels a bit too much like Julia losing her memories though. The preview for the next episode

makes it look like getting his powers back isn't a sure thing yet (but of course as the audience

we know he will).

I'm really warming up to TRuble, and Wu on the fringe is great.

I haven't really been thrilled with the losing powers storyline and hope it ends soon. The royals/resistance conflict is interesting and we haven't really gotten it this season.

When Grimm ends, can we have a spinoff about Wu? Because I think the actor has the charisma to pull it off and I would watch the heck out of that.

TRuble still works my last nerve. She always has this borderline catatonic expression that just irks me.

I have really enjoyed the Adalind/enchanted castle shtick. Interesting...I enjoyed that whole little trip.

Captain Renard (swoon) is so dreamy - am hoping he gets shot again soon so that we can see more shirtless action.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great episode. I loved Monroe talking to himself and asking why he new whatever that obscure greek word was, and after Rosalee's discussion of the train, she said "that's what happens when you're married to Monroe." :lol:

Just a great Christmas episode.

I enjoyed the Christmas episode as well. I remember liking last year's Christmas episode as well. Nice to notice the change in Rosalee from last year to this with the Christmas season and nice to be seeing her be able to enjoy and laugh about all of Monroe's decorations and train set.

Would someone please explain to me why no one noticed the giant hickey/bit on the chupacabra guy's neck? Lord, have mercy. He goes through the whole episode with it blaring like the sun and NOBODY sees it.

Maybe the detectives aren't as sharp anymore after months of having all the killers give themselves away by vogue-ing. Also, if I see someone has some kind of goiter, I look away and not towards the goiter. But it was a funny thing to miss right after their boss had called them great detectives who see things others can't. Has a show ever been this dumb but also this interesting on a minute-by-minute basis? It's weird. They've found a formula to keep it moving along so I don't lose interest and go back to rhythmic farting.

The A Story sucked this week, but Wu's shark finally erupting after having been building all season was great. And I'm very pleased that it looks like they're not going to pull any punches in letting them off the hook for treating Wu in completely the wrong manner. Juliette woging was a great twist, and I can't wait to see where they go with that.

Mama Renard knew she was making a Hexenbeast. You know it. So now we have a Grimm in love with a Hex girl.

I was thinking that something was going to happen to Rosalee but it looks like they have Monroe instead. No honeymoon :(

I'm hoping Ms. Shade plays the royals until she finds her baby and then obliterates them. Her baby belongs with her or grandma Renard.

And poor Wu. That's just wrong.

Archived