Grimm (now merged with other Grimm thread)

LugaJetboyGirl

Anybody still watching this? If so, time to revive the thread a bit.

The show continues to be good, but with the holiday break followed up by the college football bowl games, I forgot about the last episode, and didn't even realize that the Krampus episode had been accompanied by another episode. So I had a bit of catching up to do.

I wonder where they're going with the royals story. The captain's trip to Europe didn't seem to have made such a big impact, other than him establishing some contacts.

Absolutely! :D

The Holidays threw me off, but looking forward to Julias smackdown of the stalker this week.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say they're sudden fighting skills. They're very "women's self-defense."

And the beatdown by Juliette was AWESOME. No need for Nick.

Yeah, she basically hit him with pots and stuff. I didn't see her exactly turn into Kaitlyn Young. And she needed her friends help in the end to finish her off.

It is interesting, though how they have most wessen able to take down a wary man before they're even ready but Hank and Juliet are able to get the drop on various wessen in different episodes. I can get Hank doing it, but Juliet? But like I said she basically ended up throwing the kitchen at him.

• 1 month later...

While i like the episode as a whole, I kind of felt that they really rushed the resolution of the Wildesheer part of the two parter. I kind of felt like they built these guys up as some sort of super badass berserkers, but instead they just do a little bit of punching and then Nick and Monroe give them a little haircut.

• 2 weeks later...

No talk about the awesomeness of Wu?? During the Olympics I was in need of a Grimm fix so I rewatched seasons 1 and 2, and was surprised at how much screen time Wu got in the first half of season one. Pretty much up until Rosalee was introduced. I like the way they're making each character's introduction to wesen an individual journey. Good stuff.

• 1 month later...

No talk about the awesomeness of Wu?? During the Olympics I was in need of a Grimm fix so I rewatched seasons 1 and 2, and was surprised at how much screen time Wu got in the first half of season one. Pretty much up until Rosalee was introduced. I like the way they're making each character's introduction to wesen an individual journey. Good stuff.

Love me some Wu.

I find it quite interesting that they are introducing another grimm. I wonder how long she will be staying around.

Actually I'm a little annoyed that Wu was left hanging the way he was. So much crap has been dumped on him from sources he has no clue about. Poor guy is losing his mind. But nope. "It's safer for him if we don't tell."

I think only bad things can happen for him now.

But that's just the feeling I have.

It was also nice to finally learn how a Grimm reveals it's self. Though I feel like it's a copout somehow. And does a disservice to how we are suppose to view Wesen. If we are suppose to see this world through the Grimm and the Grimm's eyes reflect the wesen in a way that makes them startle, be repelled or even turn violent.

Are we suppose to go with "wesen are like people; the good the bad the ugly." or "They are all dangerous beasts" don't get comfortable.

Or maybe I'm over thinking it.

Actually I'm a little annoyed that Wu was left hanging the way he was. So much crap has been dumped on him from sources he has no clue about. Poor guy is losing his mind. But nope. "It's safer for him if we don't tell."

I think only bad things can happen for him now.

But that's just the feeling I have.

It was also nice to finally learn how a Grimm reveals it's self. Though I feel like it's a copout somehow. And does a disservice to how we are suppose to view Wesen. If we are suppose to see this world through the Grimm and the Grimm's eyes reflect the wesen in a way that makes them startle, be repelled or even turn violent.

Are we suppose to go with "wesen are like people; the good the bad the ugly." or "They are all dangerous beasts" don't get comfortable.

Or maybe I'm over thinking it.

I agree about how they ended up resolving the Wu situation. I was still happy to see him get into the mix again though, and the preview for next week shows him getting a bit more info

as the new grimm lets the word wesen slip at a crime scene. Why she's at the crime scene though...

It's about time they added another grimm to the show, but I don't get the feeling that she'll be around that long. I expect she'll end up dead protecting Nick from Adalind.

I think we're supposed to believe "wesen are like people; the good the bad the ugly" it's just that the grimms' eyes give them no choice but to see the very worst in themselves, and it disturbs them enough to try and end it.

Archived