Old-Timers Reunion Thread

Aww come on!!!!!

:( No cons for us until the kiddos are older. :(

If it helps, Mya, my attendance is in serious jeapordy now due to work. Found out I'm sans an assistant that weekend and I have a wedding booked on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday is New Student Orientation.

Any chance you think they'll move the date if I ask nicely?

Yeah, I wasn't posting on Dragonstone long before we switched to eesite, so there's some of you geezers ahead of me. Min just sent me an old link from eesite where she and I had an insult duel. Saw Ser Gary, Dirjj (God, for him to be posting about Obama now would be awesome). Of course, there was almost no politics then at all. But we still managed to get rather nasty about Sandor, Catelyn, etc. Cool to see Zelt again, and I know Markus posts occasionally in the book threads.

Ser Gary is alive and kickin', we're still in contact. :) Some of the oldtimers are now over at Facebook, ByTor too, I think. Yep, a good house looses nuthin'

Min. Wow. Some of the great early threads originated with Min. I don't think anyone looked at Sandor in the same way again.

I'll have to find a new post from her. Great to see her back. She had just married last time I saw her post years ago. And I'd be very interested to see her views on recent books!

:lol: I'm not alone!

Oh hai, I remember you. :) I am not posting as diligently here. Yet. :) And I very fondly remember my fights about Sandor with Haaruk. You remember Haaruk? He checked in last year for a week or so to post about Sandor and Sansa in ADWD, and he sorta admitted that I had been right all along. ;)

Oh hai, I remember you. :) I am not posting as diligently here. Yet. :) And I very fondly remember my fights about Sandor with Haaruk. You remember Haaruk? He checked in last year for a week or so to post about Sandor and Sansa in ADWD, and he sorta admitted that I had been right all along. ;)

Odd, isn't it, how Catelyn supporters tended to hate Sandor, and vice-versa? Personally, I think you could also find a link between fans of Twilight and fans of Sandor....

Sandor's arc is really great, though, because he really seems to have taken that whole redemption thing seriously.

Nice to hear GS. :)

Odd, isn't it, how Catelyn supporters tended to hate Sandor, and vice-versa? Personally, I think you could also find a link between fans of Twilight and fans of Sandor....

I find this rather intriguing since I have tried to force myself through Twilight lately. What similarities do you see between Sandor and I imagine the notorious Edward Cullen? The sparkling in the sunlight, the telepathic skills, the topaz eyes, the flawless looks, ethereal attractiveness or the capability to make women swoon and remove any sort of agency they might have had to start with?

Sandor is really a vampire. Combined with Frankenstein Brother, we are getting the setup for a hilarious Munsters-style sitcom come book 6.

Awesome. Sandor needs a makeover tho since he's far off the sparkling, chiseled, topaz-eyed flawlessness that is the mighty Edward Cullen. Maybe the sitcom could be combined with Extreme Makeover?

Sandor's arc is really great, though, because he really seems to have taken that whole redemption thing seriously.

I did not really HATE Cat. Well, not REALLY. I just think that if not for her stupidity, her husband and many other people would still be alive, and she's to blame for most of the things she had to endure.

As for Sandor and Twilight - I don't know, I never read Twilight, and never will. I mean, I DID read the first pages of the first book, decided that nothing so utterly, uncomparably stupid has ever been written since Barbara Cartland, and threw it in the dustbin. It was the first book I ever threw away because I believe books have to be preserved, and even the ones I don't like I donate to the local library - except this one, because if by throwing it, one teenager less gets to read it, I did a good deed.

[rant over]

Phew. Did you really anticipate I'd hate Twilight that much just because Sandor is my fave character?

• 11 months later...

How long do have to have been on the forum and how many posts would you have to have posted to be classified as being an old-timer?

No specific post count, but I think it came down to being a member of the prior boards before, what, 2003? 2004?

No specific post count, but I think it came down to being a member of the prior boards before, what, 2003? 2004?

Wow. Anyone that's been on this forum since 2003-2004 and whose an old-timer will always have my respect

Archived