Old-Timers Reunion Thread

I'm pretty sure I joined in Nov of 2001. I was not a member when 9/11 happened, but remember some threads about "what happenes now?" from the American boarders. I was, of course, too terrified to dare post in Gen Chat.

I'm pretty sure I joined in Nov of 2001. I was not a member when 9/11 happened, but remember some threads about "what happenes now?" from the American boarders. I was, of course, too terrified to dare post in Gen Chat.

Wasn't here when 9/11 happened but I was when the D.C. sniper was going on and remember threads about that, but like you I wasn't posting in gen chat, even when one of the shootings happened within a mile of my home at my old middle school and my whole neighborhood was on national TV.

According to my EZBoard/Yuku profile I've been a user since 3/2000 (Jesus Christ) but I didn't start posting on EZBoard until uh, 2002 or so I think. I lurked for about a year before finally summoning up enough courage to post in the book forums about Cersei.

I feel like a midtimer. Can't believe I've been part of this community for over a decade.

:stunned: ... I joined 3/18/01 (and lurked for a long while before that). I have been reading the insane/brilliant/profound/hilarious/mind expanding posts of youse mugs for a dozen years?!

Wish i could be an Old Timer...

No you don't. Most sucky people leave after a while but those bastards didn't. Trust me on this. I've only been here for seven years and I haven't left. And I'm only a mid-timer.

According to my EZBoard/Yuku profile I've been a user since 3/2000 (Jesus Christ) but I didn't start posting on EZBoard until uh, 2002 or so I think. I lurked for about a year before finally summoning up enough courage to post in the book forums about Cersei.

I feel like a midtimer. Can't believe I've been part of this community for over a decade.

I'm a midtimer "married" to an old-timer.

It's crazy to think I started lurking here in 2003. It's been 10 years. And Dub and I have been together for 8 years in May.

Wow.

In all honesty, Walrus, a lot of the "old-timers" go months without posting. Dub certainly takes sabbaticals from the board. He's on one now, as a matter of fact. It feels like everyone who was here for the release of AFFC is an old-timer to me.

You'll get there. In about 9 years. You'll look back and go, "Holy shit. I can't believe I've been here for this long." I've literally spent a third of my life on this forum.

Archived