[Book Spoilers?]Polliver?

I was a bit upset with this season. No "WINTERFELL!" or "HOTPIE!!!"

I was too, but seeing as how ridiculous Marg sounding shouting out "Loras! Highgarden!" , I'm glad they cut it.

I think he's meant to be the Tickler. I was checking out some previews and it appears he's the one who's doing the tickling.

Well, on this occasion, I find it sad they cast multiple roles.

I would have preffered Polliver, Raff, the Tickler to be the same character in the show, it would have been better to really create one character that stands out, but, well...

I was too, but seeing as how ridiculous Marg sounding shouting out "Loras! Highgarden!" , I'm glad they cut it.

I think he's meant to be the Tickler. I was checking out some previews and it appears he's the one who's doing the tickling.

That was Marg though. The laugh out loud factor would have been tremendous had we have had "Hotpie!!!"

That was Marg though. The laugh out loud factor would have been tremendous had we have had "Hotpie!!!"

But has he ever been called Hotpie in the show? I know we all call him that, but I don't remember that name ever being said on the show. It would be funny for the readers, but confusing and/or meaningless to the viewers.

If Hotpie not shouting Hotpie is seen as a legitimate criticism of the episode then it backs up the consensus that it was nearly perfect. I don't know that I can think of a potential change from the books that could less detract from the plot, character development, imagery or atmosphere of the books

But has he ever been called Hotpie in the show? I know we all call him that, but I don't remember that name ever being said on the show. It would be funny for the readers, but confusing and/or meaningless to the viewers.

Yes, we have heard the name (most recently in episode 2 -- "Lommy and Hot Pie can't know". "Hot Pie, tell Gendry ...", etc). But I agree it might be confusing for viewers nonetheless. "Hot Pie? What?"

As sad as the absence of Hot Pie's battle cry may be, it's wholly unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. They get the important parts right, and usually when adapting for TV that means you need to deviate from the written narrative. The same is true with character conflation--visual media require much smaller casts for memorable characters to stand out. I'm glad The Tickler is another part, though. Arya needs a nice, long, fleshed-out lineup for her war prayer, so there can't be too much conflation.

I can just imagine the threads next week. "Kellegher is too attractive to play Polliver."

He's HAWT!! Lol. I thought he was kind of cute in the episode, but I couldn't really tell while he was stabbing a little boy in his throat.

Well, on this occasion, I find it sad they cast multiple roles.

I would have preffered Polliver, Raff, the Tickler to be the same character in the show, it would have been better to really create one character that stands out, but, well...

I agree with this. Maybe the Tickler can be on his own because he's so twisted, but I think it could have work if they merged Raff and Polliver.

Not sure if this in on or off topic, but Lommy getting killed off early made me happy. Couldn't stand him.

Yeah I have to say having Lommy die now is probably for the best. The show won't have time to film out all of the ramblings the kids do across the countryside anyways, so we were probably spared Lommy's constant whining and everyone trying to get along for those scenes. At least they merged the actual scene of how he died into the present one for consistency if not correct timing from the books. I appreciated that.

Archived