How will Drogo Return?

Ser Illin'

So much has been made of Dany's maybe miscarriage out on the Dothraki Sea, and whether this indicates that she is incapable of having children, or is capable but ate bad berries, etc. And this got me thinking... what if she had brought this maybe child to term? Would that mean that MMD was wrong?

"When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

I'll answer my own question. Drogo and Dany will be reunited in the night lands, after Daenerys dies birthing a living child, the heir to the Seven Kingdoms.

Thoughts? This does of course assume that MMD gave Dany a real prophecy and wasn't just throwing cruel words around...

Could it just be a play on words (kind of)? Instead of when Drogo returns to her, it refers to when her dragon with a similar name, Drogon, returns to her? If that is the case then the prophecy has been fulfilled.

The (dothraki) sea has gone dry, the sun has risen in the west (Dorne) and set in the east (Quentyn), the mountains (great pyramids destroyed by the dragons) blow in the wind like leaves and Dany seems to have had a child growing in her womb (which she miscarried). ADWD ended with Drogon returning to aid her when she was probably about to die of the flux, starvation or at the hands of those Dothraki scouts.

The only problem I see with this theory is that the prophecy says 'when you bear a living child', and unless I'm confused about the meaning of the word 'bear' in this context, I think it means she has to actually give birth to a child. I'm not sure just conceiving one is the same. That theory of Dany dying in childbirth would fulfill that part, so maybe you got it right, I don't know :dunno:

I sure hope he won't and stays dead.

Now of course, some will wonder if the TV series' own self-made vision of Drogo and kid in the House of Undying can be a hint - "D/D know where GRRM is going so they can foreshadow stuff readers don't know".

Though, as far as I'm concerned, the only way I could interpret this as based on stuff GRRM would actually have told the producers is if Jon would become Dany's future love interest, replacing Drogo - mostly based on the fact that see meets her dead love interest beyond the Wall.

drogos return is not litteral, in my opionion it was ment in the sense of his people and khalasar.

I think the end of aDWD supports this nicly, and we are now seeing the 'return of drogo.' Dany is about to lay down the hurt on Mago and reclaim the khalasar.

As far as I know the requirements for his returns have all already come to pass.

Could it just be a play on words (kind of)? Instead of when Drogo returns to her, it refers to when her dragon with a similar name, Drogon, returns to her? If that is the case then the prophecy has been fulfilled.

The (dothraki) sea has gone dry, the sun has risen in the west (Dorne) and set in the east (Quentyn), the mountains (great pyramids destroyed by the dragons) blow in the wind like leaves and Dany seems to have had a child growing in her womb (which she miscarried). ADWD ended with Drogon returning to aid her when she was probably about to die of the flux, starvation or at the hands of those Dothraki scouts.

The only problem I see with this theory is that the prophecy says 'when you bear a living child', and unless I'm confused about the meaning of the word 'bear' in this context, I think it means she has to actually give birth to a child. I'm not sure just conceiving one is the same. That theory of Dany dying in childbirth would fulfill that part, so maybe you got it right, I don't know :dunno:

I really like this idea that it has already been for filled and its the dragon drogo!

• 3 months later...

I don't think Drogo will return. I think MMD's prophecy was telling the truth about what would happen, but that was before Dany decided to off Drogo.

The prophecy was pretty specific that when all those conditions were met, Drogo would return to Dany.Considering that Drogo was cremated, it's not very likely he'll return in zombie form. If Dany hadn't killed him though, it's possible he might have been healed by the time the conditions of the prophecy were fulfilled (as they may be in ADWD). The prophecy told her when Drogo would return, but when she decided to kill Drogo she interfered with it and the prophecy became something that might have happend but won't. So Dany herself, by misinterpreting the prophecy as 'never', unintentionally made it so that part of the prophecy will never come true.

Archived