Defiance

SpaceChampion

Oh regarding Kristy defending him from the hellbug, I was going to say that perhaps they discussed it with Kristy and she agreed to go along with the lie as a way to get her dad on board. She herself being an enlightened resident of the future doesn't actually feel like her man needs to protect her, but she knows her dad is a bit more old fashioned!

I enjoyed this episode more, I do think that Nolan is starting to feel a bit more generic than the others at this point. He was handled well in the pilot, but it feels like they aren't doing as much with him as the other characters since, perhaps because he's already had the most establishment in the pilot.

:lol: :lol: I'm not saying he had to save Kristy, but a little help would have been nice. He basically just slithered backwards, lol.

As I said, in this brave new world, a Husband has only one thing he is required to do, and thats get rid of the bugs.

I thought the latest episode was an improvement and gave some more depth to Nolan. I particularly liked his solution to the problem at the end and the truth behind "no-man". It's just a shame his character development is non-existent when the episode isn't focusing on him although that's a general criticism of the show. The actor seems fine when he has something to work with although I can't help but wonder how awesome it would have been to have Ben Browder in the role.

The world building is expanding and it was nice to get some info on the earth republic and the votan coalition (and the hint of impending war). There definitely seems to be bigger things at play in the show although I have no clue what is going on down the mine with the ghosts, etc.

Slightly odd how evil old aunty is actually regarded as evil by the mining dad. I was initially under the impression everyone thought she was nice but maybe that's just the current Mayor being naive.

I do wonder where all the other police are when the show kept mentioning road blocks. I guess they only have one road as by all appearances there are three policemen in Defiance and all three of them were in the final act. A minor complaint, i guess, but it would be nice to be given some sense of scale of how big defiance is and whether the police force is large or not.

I thought the latest episode was an improvement and gave some more depth to Nolan. I particularly liked his solution to the problem at the end and the truth behind "no-man". It's just a shame his character development is non-existent when the episode isn't focusing on him although that's a general criticism of the show. The actor seems fine when he has something to work with although I can't help but wonder how awesome it would have been to have Ben Browder in the role.

<bunch of stuff I agree with>

God yeah I'd love BB in there. But then I feel about Farscape how most people on this forum seem to feel about Firefly. Definitely got enough going on that I'll see how the first season and hope it finishes with a sequence half as good as A Bug's Life/Nerve/The Hidding Memory/Family Ties (I'm skipping Bone to be Wild like I do whenever I rewatch the series :P).

When the younger brother killed evil old aunties assistant I was really really wanting him to just go to Nolan with it, and then everyone would be onto evil old aunty and it was completely justified in self defense. But noooooooo he covers it up and now he's the only one aware of it.

ETA: Any idea what BB is even up to these days? I know Claudia Black has been doing a fair bit of voice acting for games, Ben Browder doesn't seem to have been doing much of anything since SG1. I think of Jaime Murray (Lady Macbeth) as poor mans Claudia Black, but I'll also admit I'm biased in favour of actresses that haven't had botox and can fully express with facial muscles. That said, I've had a lot less issue with her as Lady Macbeth than in say...Dexter.

ETA: Any idea what BB is even up to these days? I know Claudia Black has been doing a fair bit of voice acting for games, Ben Browder doesn't seem to have been doing much of anything since SG1. I think of Jaime Murray (Lady Macbeth) as poor mans Claudia Black, but I'll also admit I'm biased in favour of actresses that haven't had botox and can fully express with facial muscles. That said, I've had a lot less issue with her as Lady Macbeth than in say...Dexter.

Last I saw of him was about a year ago playing a sherriff in Doctor Who (he was also in Arrow but I have yet to see the episode). He's still good so it's a shame he doesn't appear to have a regular show to appear in. Hopefully O'Bannon still has BB's phone-number. I think the show could do with a character/actor that has that kind of energy to them.

So far I'd have to say that my favourite character is the pale white dude (and his wife)

So the medic with no bedside manner is also on the run from something? That could prove interesting also whatever other problems this show might have I love the Castithans

And I also like how (so far) every time the townsfolk think they have won a victory either over the Earth Confederation or some other group they really didn't. It will be interesting to see how the wedding turns out.

Well, I'm still watching. :D

Yeah, the show is fun enough in my opinion that I continue to watch it. I hope the writing gets a little tighter when it comes to the plots but I find each episode enjoyable as I like the characters.

That said, it's a bit weird how incompetent the town seems to be when it comes to holding criminals.

Just realised has something going for it other than the O'Bannon connection. It's the only sci-fi show (in terms of aliens and not being in a contemporary setting) on TV at the moment. I honestly can't think of one other than Dr Who and that's contemporary because of the companions and constant dropping in on present day.

So far, I think I can tell which parts are written by the TV guys and which parts are suggested by the game designers.

There's Falling Skies. Human resistance against aliens in a post-apocalyptic Earth in which 90% of humans were killed and a ragtag few try to fight back.

I liked this last episode. Nolan's response to how the weapon's expert was going to end up better off was surprising. This show does need some tightening up in terms of writing, but i enjoy it. Enough that i bought the game, and i'm enjoying it as well.

There's Falling Skies. Human resistance against aliens in a post-apocalyptic Earth in which 90% of humans were killed and a ragtag few try to fight back.

You're right, for some reason I always think of that as contemporary in a Walking dead sense but I guess it's set in the immediate future or parallel to our own.

I liked this last episode. Nolan's response to how the weapon's expert was going to end up better off was surprising. This show does need some tightening up in terms of writing, but i enjoy it. Enough that i bought the game, and i'm enjoying it as well.

Does the game build on the show in the sense of the world building? Who do you play in the game? I'm guessing it's not any of the characters from the show.

When the show started the game was I think $60 here in Aus....definitely enough to put me off, since I haven't been gaming much. Perhaps there is a trial version/period you can do?

Does the game build on the show in the sense of the world building? Who do you play in the game? I'm guessing it's not any of the characters from the show.

The creators have said characters will go back and forth between the game and the show.

The intention to do crossovers was part of the early stories that came out before the show's premiere, but since it's a new game they have had teething problems, like system crashes. Since the show has been renewed for a second season, there should be more developments. http://www.polygon.c...ssovers-after-a

Trion is also exploring new ways to tie the game and show together. So far, the crossover has been largely superficial; television protagonists Nolan and Irisa show up in a few early missions of the game, stealing an item which they use in the series' pilot episode. That kind of synergy will be the norm for season one, but future crossovers could be more substantial; Richardsson gave one example in which the victor of an in-game war between player-controlled factions would be reflected in the plot of Defiance's second television season.

The goal of the franchise is to provide an additive experience to those who both watch the show and play the game, while not leaving those who do one or the other out in the cold, narratively speaking. Based on early response, Richardsson said, the exercise has been a success.

Archived