Makeup

WillWork4NinjaPowers

I love a nice handcream with glycerine in it. Takes about 20 years off your hands.

Any specific brands or recs? While I'm not really a makeup person, I am a big fan of lotions and moisturizers. My face feels weird if I forget to put any on in the morning, and I'm constantly rubbing lotions on my hands throughout the day. Sometimes, while watching tv, I'll get up and grease up my hands because I just start thinking about them and they start to feel dry! Actually, I will probably go do that right after hitting "post".

Any specific brands or recs? While I'm not really a makeup person, I am a big fan of lotions and moisturizers. My face feels weird if I forget to put any on in the morning, and I'm constantly rubbing lotions on my hands throughout the day. Sometimes, while watching tv, I'll get up and grease up my hands because I just start thinking about them and they start to feel dry! Actually, I will probably go do that right after hitting "post".

My current favorite is Nivea Soft. And I have used Keih's, L'Occitane, and all the expensive stuff. The Nivea Soft has this amazing scent that is subtle, and it's not oily. I also use Clarins, but the Nivea is my favorite.

As a matter of fact, I do! I like Camille Beckman cream. http://www.camillebeckmanonline.com/camillebeckmanglycerinehandtherapy.aspx

I usually find it in gift shops and boutiques, but you can get it online. The glycerine leaves your hands feeling hydrated and smooth and not greasy, and this line makes the hand cream in a wide range of wonderful scents. I've got "White Lilac" in a jar handy at all times.

There's pro-glycerine people and anti-glycerine people. If the formulation uses too much of it, I've read where it can actually be counter-productive. I've never had a problem with the above.

I recently was watching Dr Oz and one of the guests recommended BB Cream for "older" skin, calling it the "fountain of youth". I was skeptical, and had not heard of this before, but I took myself down to the drugstore immediately, and bought the L'Oreal tinted BB Cream. I swear, my wrinkles are fading away before my eyes! Anyone else had any success with it?

I tried BB cream due to some friends' recommendation, and it gave my skin a pink shade that I didn't like at all. (All the friends who liked it were white, so that might have something to do with it). I mailed my barely used bottle to one of them!

I recently was watching Dr Oz and one of the guests recommended BB Cream for "older" skin, calling it the "fountain of youth". I was skeptical, and had not heard of this before, but I took myself down to the drugstore immediately, and bought the L'Oreal tinted BB Cream. I swear, my wrinkles are fading away before my eyes! Anyone else had any success with it?

Never heard of it. Can you tell me some more about it - what's in it that is supposed to be so great?

Kair, why can't you wear makeup to your job?

I work in a Class 100/ISO Class 5 bay in a Class 1000/ISO Class 6 clean room. It's temp and humidity controlled (68C/45%) and makeup, perfume and a plethora of other things are forbidden.

I stopped wearing makeup around the time I started working full time and just never really got back into the habit of it, except for going out occasionally. I've never been that person that needs eyeliner to go to Safeway. Some days they're lucky I washed the drool off my face before I roll in out of bed to do groceries. But now, now, I have one day a week where I can feel like a normal person. Wednesday I donned translucent powder and mascara and earrings! I never wear earrings to work (exposed jewelry is a nono). Anyhoo.

ETA I wash with Cetaphil and St Ives apricot scrub a few times a week.

I keep my makeup and brushes in the bathroom but I'm beginning to think that's bad, because of the steam and moisture. Most of what I have is a year old. I have very low turnover as I wear it but a handful of times a year. How often should I be tossing stuff for fresh stuff? I two eye pencils (one brown, one electric blue for my blue eyes), brownblack mascara, Physician's formula face powder and blush and a brush set from my old Bare Minerals that's probably four years old. I've always been more hair and perfume than makeup (except high school). I have a wide assortment of perfumes and spend 90 bucks every few months on a liter bottle of Pureology shampoo and conditioner and some form of hair goop. I'm currently trying out Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique. Thanks to work, my hair is dry. My skin is dry. My nails flake.

So should i keep my makeup elsewhere? What's some good basic stuff to keep for occasional use only? What can I put on my very cracked hands? I wear nitrile gloves at work and they are some beat up. I use Ste Ives moisturizers but what can I use for my face that isn't quite so greasy? Does anyone use Dermalogica products? (I'll read the thread and get up to speed)

I am guessing that it is referring to something other than what I normally encounter the term for.

Heh! :lol: What a gimmick. It stands for Beauty Balm. Dang! Now I want to know what your BB stands for. You are a naughty, naughty man Terra!

I get the Ulta flyer and I just breathe it in, then never do anything about it. I'm always interested in the big Smashbox eyeshadow palettes but I'm too paralysed to ever get it. I wear the Almay blue eyes shadow palette and I like it, but sometimes I want to be adventurous and wear colour beyond shades of brown. I mean, I'm not talking robin's egg blue like in high school :laugh: but you know..And primer? I really seem to know nothing about this.

Elder Sister, come take me shopping.

Archived