North Korea: Land of Miracles

Horza

GENEVA (Reuters) - North Korea threatened South Korea with "final destruction" during a debate at the United Nations Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday, saying it could take further steps after a nuclear test last week.

"As the saying goes, a new-born puppy knows no fear of a tiger. South Korea's erratic behavior would only herald its final destruction," North Korean diplomat Jon Yong Ryong told the meeting.

Guys... come on, give me something to work with. I can't parody self-parody here.

Man, the yanks should've allowed Mac Arthur to carpet bomb North Korea while they had the chance. Instead, they carpet bombed Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Panama. Go figure

Carpet bomb? They let him march to the Yalu River. It didn't end well.

carpet bomb North Korea while

but they did bomb DPRK, dropping more tonnage thereupon than dropped on japan in WW2, literally flattening the country's edifices, and killing one million human persons?

I think people like saying 'carpet-bomb' and let their imaginations do the rest. The US bombing campaigns against Latin American countries pale in comparison to the stuff unleashed on Asia, for zero political effect (minus zero, in the Cambodian case).

was there even aerial bombardment of costa rica? i know that the CIA tried to oust figueres a couple times, but, yaknow, they were slacking.

And without wanting to minimize the horrors of strafing and aerial bombardment, you can't carpet bomb with three P-47s, as per Guatemala.

So Saci T. says the US carpet bombed Costa Rica, Panama and Nicaragua. My definition of carpet bombing is what happened in Germany and Japan. I don't recall ever hearing about massive sections of those Latin American countries being annihilated by the US. Can you please tell me when this happened, as Saci has ignored my question in the UK thread.

post-WW2, panama was invaded by US arms officially. nicaragua was the scum-of-the-earth contra war.

prior to that, the US deployed military to nicaragua in 1853, 1854, 1857, 1869, 1894, 1896, 1898-9, 1910, 1912-25, 1926-33, and regarding panama, as parcel to colombia, in 1856, 1860, 1865, 1885, 1901, and as independent, 1903-14, 1918-21, 1925.

costa rica was lucky, and drew the monroe doctrine short straw only in 1921.

i am given to understand that none of it involved carpet bombing.

Presented without comment, because its just too weird:

A few days into American basketball star Dennis Rodman’s bizarre and apparently impromptu trip to North Korea, Chinese state media has reported that Rodman actually met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Eun.

The two reportedly sat next to one another during a (tied!) basketball match between North Korean players and visiting members of the Harlem Globetrotters. According to Xinhua, they “talked directly to each other and laughed” throughout the match and without a translator.

Rodman reportedly said, “Although relations between the two countries are regrettable, personally I am a friend of Marshal Kim Jong Un and the DPRK people.”

What, the glorious leader didn't take part in the game? I'm sure basketball is one of the thousands of skills he excells at. Maybe he didn't want to embarass the Merikins too much ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Pity about the annoying voice-over - if we could hear actual comments from Kim et al, someone could give it proper subtitles.

For instance, at 1.18: "Hey, I didn't know we could make so small soldiers! Well done, here's extra rations!"

and at 1:34: (everyone) "Dear leader, dear leader, you forgot your wallet!!!"

So I'm watching the latest youtube North Korea propaganda video, and, besides being quite enjoyable, it got me thinking. Why can't the US government enlist me to make a series of counter propaganda videos? I respectfully submit my name as a person who would be ideal for this noble, patriotic role. Do I have any video experience? Hell no, but from the looks of it neither do the North Koreans.

I think it would be a barrel full of fun to create some hard hitting video clips. Clips that would leave the Koreans trembling in their boots, much like myself after I watched wave after wave of the glorious people's army putting the mailed fist of Kim right up the South Korean peninsula's rectum. Give me a little bit of a budget and I could have American patriots, such as Sir Mix A Lot, Dolph Lundgren, and Avril Lavigne, play important cameo roles. What? You say that some of those celebrities aren't American? Who cares!! Let's be honest, the average North Korean won't know who the heck these people are. I'm (presumably) working with a low budget here and I could get them for pretty cheap.

Anyways, who do I need to talk to get the ball rolling?

Archived