The Americans

Fragile Bird

Based on my extensive knowledge of narcotics (The Wire), it was a hot shot: heroin spiked with poison typically used to kill informants. On the other hand, it's possible I missed an important clue as I was somewhat distracted after the lingering shots of Kerri Russell's bum.

Yes, that was rather attractive, wasn't it?

I demand more of Philip, though!

Pretty interesting scene between Elizabeth and "Clark." An "animal" in bed to one woman is old hat to the next. I'm not sure what she was wanting from him.

At last we got to see how well their wigs are fastened on. I can understand how they wouldn't come off so easily now. :P

Well, that was awkward, Be careful with what you wish for.

I'm don't think that's how Clark treats Martha. I think Philip was angry with Elizabeth for bringing the non-reality of their spy lives into their real lives.

Once the FBI finds out about them - isn't that pretty much the end of the show though? I guess they could do a few episodes of them on the run or something, but once their secret is out, it's pretty much game over.

They have awesome wigs! They can just put on the wigs and live permanently in disguise.

Lol, perhaps that's what she meant about being an animal. I just meant that calling him an animal conjures up something quite aggressive. :)

Well, Elizabeth sure got that. And I must add that that was really brutal to watch, as was the encounter that Lucia had with the Congressional aide. You could see Elizabeth cringing as she hid and listened to it.

Not Fun.

So much for the idea that Oleg will get Nina killed.

Nina sees a guy with a father high up in the Soviet system. She's a made woman if she can get him to fall in love with her. And I think she can, because they are fighting for a common cause, and he admires her and she knows he saved her ass.

Besides that, I think they want to show there's no glory in betraying your country. I think Stan will be the loser.

You wonder how quickly the Russians did get the details of the internet...

ETA: And their son is being bad - lol, breaking into a neighbor's house for gaming time! Wait until the private security folk drive by and see lights in the house.

Oleg is quickly becoming an awesome character. Once thought as just a guy with a powerful father, it's proving that he's infinitely more clever and capable than that. Really liking how he's developing. He was so smooth during the scenes with Nina and the lie detector.

Really enjoy this show. Word is a season 3 order might be coming soon despite the poor live ratings since half the audience watches it on their DVR and FX isn't as concerned as network stations on live ratings.

I also wonder how many people pay to watch on iTunes. Last season I used to stream the shows from my work computer during lunch, but they took that away and so this season I purchased the season on iTunes. I cant be the only one. If they aren't getting rating but are getting revenue from other sources, maybe as a whole, the show will go on.

That's great that they've been picked up for a third season! Whoo-hoo!

Anyone else watching it tonight? Larrick finally proves to be as deadly as he's been said to be. :(

And Philip caves in to Western influences and buys a Z28! :commie:

And Son gets caught in neighbor's house! (ulp)

Oleg is quickly becoming an awesome character. Once thought as just a guy with a powerful father, it's proving that he's infinitely more clever and capable than that. Really liking how he's developing. He was so smooth during the scenes with Nina and the lie detector.

Really enjoy this show. Word is a season 3 order might be coming soon despite the poor live ratings since half the audience watches it on their DVR and FX isn't as concerned as network stations on live ratings.

I see Oleg as the guy who just pays lip service to communism and then he becomes an oligarch after the collapse.

Well, I didn't get it completely right, I thought security would see lights on in a house where the folks are on vacation, but falling asleep and getting caught by the returning owners was almost the same. :)

Is Nina playing a triple turn?

Well, I didn't get it completely right, I thought security would see lights on in a house where the folks are on vacation, but falling asleep and getting caught by the returning owners was almost the same. :)

Is Nina playing a triple turn?

I can't quite get Nina. She turns into exactly what the person she's with wants at the time, which leaves you guessing as to what SHE really wants. With Oleg, who's upbeat, confident, and happy, Nina matches him. It's about the only time we've seen her smile and laugh. She seems genuinely happy. With the FBI agent, however, (brain freeze) she's somber, seductive, and tailors her actions to what will most appeal to him.

But who's the real Nina? It seems as though she got comfortable with Oleg awfully quickly. Is it just that she sees him as someone who can provide her with far more important contacts than she's been able to garner thus far? Or does she really like him? If it's the latter, what made her so comfortable so quickly?

I think I missed an episode, so if their relationship was explained more fully in it, I'd appreciate being clued in.

I can't quite get Nina. She turns into exactly what the person she's with wants at the time, which leaves you guessing as to what SHE really wants. With Oleg, who's upbeat, confident, and happy, Nina matches him. It's about the only time we've seen her smile and laugh. She seems genuinely happy. With the FBI agent, however, (brain freeze) she's somber, seductive, and tailors her actions to what will most appeal to him.

But who's the real Nina? It seems as though she got comfortable with Oleg awfully quickly. Is it just that she sees him as someone who can provide her with far more important contacts than she's been able to garner thus far? Or does she really like him? If it's the latter, what made her so comfortable so quickly?

I think I missed an episode, so if their relationship was explained more fully in it, I'd appreciate being clued in.

I think it was the lie detector episode where she got close to Oleg. Felt like he really did woo her. He was so smooth in those scenes, helping her through a difficult time and asking her to envision him when she got into a difficult spot.

Archived