The Americans

Fragile Bird

Nice link! Thanks Tears!

Questions - why does Elizabeth walk away from the soldier boy? Or will she come back to him next week?

I'm thinking I really don't like Oleg, because he's too sneaky. What oh what will Stan do now? I think Stan is hard nosed enough to know how to turn it around, but I also know he gets emotional and has been kind of fragile.

I thought for a moment Elizabeth had poisoned Martha....

Ooooooh - and I was right, Mossad. I thought this was phony at first, but the trade-off, well, the trade-off. Poor bastard,

Questions - why does Elizabeth walk away from the soldier boy? Or will she come back to him next week?

He gave her the files she needed on the Navy Seal who is the primary target, so she is done with him. The Navy Seal is supposed to be gay, so I guess Philip is up next.

Martha **is** vaguely irritating, but I have some sympathy for her. She marries this guy in good faith, he rocks her world, then something sinister is going to happen to her.

Anyone who doesn't at least feel a tinge of sadness for Martha has NO SOUL.

Martha **is** vaguely irritating, but I have some sympathy for her. She marries this guy in good faith, he rocks her world, then something sinister is going to happen to her.

Yeah, she's the most tragic character in this story. There's no way her story doesn't end with Clark Westerfeld (LOL at that last name) murdering her.

Is pity okay?

It was interesting that Mossad traded him. What was that about clans? Didn't quite get all that.

Mossad didn't trade the scientist just for the return of their agent, they also got the USSR to grant permission for 1500 Soviet jews to emigrate to Israel.

Mossad didn't trade the scientist just for the return of their agent, they also got the USSR to grant permission for 1500 Soviet jews to emigrate to Israel.

Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. I remember now. :) Thanks!

ETA: I've either got too hectic of a life - so much so that I can't devote 100% attention to my shows - or I'm losing my mind!

I prefer to think that my life is too busy. :worried:

Stan is so fucked. He's a dead man walking.

Either the Russians kill or flip him. Or the FBI fires (arrests?) him after they inevitably find out that he's been sleeping with a KGB agent, and is BFF's/neighbors with another KGB agent who he's been trying to catch.

Can't stand creepy Oleg. He's going to get Nina killed. Although, I do give him credit for being the catalyst to get Stan to potentially turn. When the director of the Rezidentura said that was their ultimate goal, I thought "no way", but now he might not have a choice. And that is a storyline I'm interested in seeing.

On a side note, hopefully we do get to see it. I've read that the ratings this season are quite dismal. :(

Either the Russians kill or flip him. Or the FBI fires (arrests?) him after they inevitably find out that he's been sleeping with a KGB agent, and is BFF's/neighbors with another KGB agent who he's been trying to catch.

Why would you assume that the FBI ever finds out about his neighbours?

Why would you assume that the FBI ever finds out about his neighbours?

Because that's how TV shows go?

This basically. It's more when than if.

Not that I'm rooting for that to happen. I'm way more interested in how soon Stan will find out and then what he does with that information. The look on his face when he realizes should be everything. Does he turn them in? Try to hide it so he doesn't get in trouble? Do they kill him?

Once the FBI finds out about them - isn't that pretty much the end of the show though? I guess they could do a few episodes of them on the run or something, but once their secret is out, it's pretty much game over.

Stan wont turn. He will shoot and kill Oleg before that happens.

It sucks that the rating are not good. But it is par for the course for any show that I like. If it's not on HBO and I like it, Its bound to get cancelled.

I'd like to think FX will give the show a little bit of breathing room, regardless of ratings, to a degree.

And I agree, Stan is likely to make a habit of killing Science Guys from Russia before he actually turns...

Archived