NFL 2012 Superbowl Prelude: Gods Must Be Strong

Sivin

Forum Rule of Twenty-six Posts

What?

I was expecting 40k, but honestly who in the entire world thinks it would matter to Brady's pocket whatever the fine was? And who in the world honestly believed a suspension was EVER going to happen?

I just wanted to point out that Jay Cutler has more potential to throw a better sidekick then Tom Brady could ever execute, but his Offensive Line would never give him the time to do it, and if he somehow was able to by some miracle, no one would be there to catch it.

@RossTuckerNFL 1 min

Reports out Woody wants to trade Revis night before 1st press conference for new GM. Good luck Idzik!

A fish rots from the head down.

When I get sad about my team losing to the Ravens in the AFC Championship, at least I can cheer myself up thinking, "Christ, at least I'm not a Jets fan."

So...they actually fined Gore more for short socks than Brady for kicking a guy.

Sadly, yes! However, I think the powers that be were weighing intent in their punishments. You see, there can be absolutely no question that Gore intentionally had his socks down while Brady's run and slide were so incredibly awkward that I think they were giving him the benefit of the doubt ;)

You know what else is an unusual number? The number of Owners who apparently want to ditch their All-Universe CB because they invested so much money in Mark Sanchez. That number is precisely 1.

Talking about fucking up hard core. Given their situation, I don't mind them trading Revis. He's coming into the last year of his contract and you know he wants more money that they just cannot afford. Might as well start a full rebuild now and get something for him.

The shit Brady did would get you ejected in baseball or soccer, but because he is a golden boy a uniform violation is given a heavier fine.

Oh dear God...

Look, lets return to that long far away place I call "Sunday evening." When the play happened, nobody even knew it happened. There was barely a whimper from anyone- and this is the Ravens we are talking about- a team that can find all bad ref calls even when they are disguised as good ones. That's what the Ravens do, they hit to the head hard, come back very quickly from otherwise season-ending injuries because they use a great deal of PEDs God loves their spunk, and bitch incessantly about the refs. But here it barely raised an eyebrow.

It was replayed and then AFTER THE GAME it was looked at. So, ESPN takes over. ESPN has 14 days to cover, like, 4 football stories in the run up to the Superbowl. One of those is that- and you may not know this that John and Jim Harbaugh are something called "brothers." So, there is that. Another story that ESPN could talk about but won't is that Ray Lewis helped with a double-murder many years ago. But "that's in the past." So, ESPN has to talk about something. So they talk about Brady's "slide kick."

As I stated 100 posts ago- I saw no "intent" to do anything and neither did the NFL. However, its still illegal to kick another player regardless of why you did it so they fined him. That's literally it. Its not a big deal. But its football and we have nothing else to talk about so .... "its in the past."

I would love to see Revis traded to the Pats but there is no way in Hell that will happen. Therefore I hope he goes to a NFC team.

BTW - for the seventh year in a row the AFC East played the NFC champion during the regular season. That HAS to be some kind of record.

As I stated 100 posts ago- I saw no "intent" to do anything and neither did the NFL. However, its still illegal to kick another player regardless of why you did it so they fined him. That's literally it. Its not a big deal. But its football and we have nothing else to talk about so .... "its in the past."

I agree with you, and I would have been ok with fining him or not fining him - it didn't matter to me either way. The ridiculous part is that the uniform infraction gets a $10,500 fine compared to Brady's $10,000 fine for kicking. The amount is so unusual that it seems purposely designed to be higher than Brady's - which is why everyone here is so perplexed.

I agree with you, and I would have been ok with fining him or not fining him - it didn't matter to me either way. The ridiculous part is that the uniform infraction gets a $10,500 fine compared to Brady's $10,000 fine for kicking. The amount is so unusual that it seems purposely designed to be higher than Brady's - which is why everyone here is so perplexed.

Well the CBA includes a fine schedule for various offenses that the league and the NFLPA agreed to. For whatever asinine reason, a uniform violation carries with it a higher fine than actively harming another player, either when it comes to Brady tripping Ed Reed or Trent Williams slapping Richard Sherman in the face after a game. On the plus side, it keeps Roger Goodell from meting out justice in his absurd wannabe dictator fashion. Unfortunately this week has shown us quite clearly how badly they fucked up the fine hierarchy.

why would Philly do that?

Because it's all downhill from here for Vick? It was a joke.

Because the NFL is about brand protection, and is completely anal about uniforms. Jerry Rice used to be fined for wearing a towel draped from his waistband. He thought it looked fly while he was running, but it was against league uniform regulations. Remember when Mike Nolan was coach of the 49ers, and wanted to wear a suit on the sidelines like his dad did? It was a thing because coaches are supposed to wear branded league gear. Above all things, the league protects its image.

Remember when Mike Nolan was coach of the 49ers, and wanted to wear a suit on the sidelines like his dad did? It was a thing because coaches are supposed to wear branded league gear.

Does the league think that branded suits would not sell? Because I'm fairly sure that they would, at least in quantities sufficient to be worth producing them. They could just be regular business suits with a medium sized path of the team on them. Or they could have them be team colors and all the head coaches would look like pimps. Either way, it's a new revenue stream.

Because the NFL is about brand protection, and is completely anal about uniforms. Jerry Rice used to be fined for wearing a towel draped from his waistband. He thought it looked fly while he was running, but it was against league uniform regulations. Remember when Mike Nolan was coach of the 49ers, and wanted to wear a suit on the sidelines like his dad did? It was a thing because coaches are supposed to wear branded league gear. Above all things, the league protects its image.

Chad Johnson was fined a minimum of 10k every week for wearing the orange shoes. It's ridiculous but pretty standard in the league.

Archived