NFL 2012 Superbowl Prelude: Gods Must Be Strong

Sivin

Pep Hamilton hired as new Colts OC.

This is Luck's former Stanford OC, and I love the hire. I was devestated when Arians left (knew he had to go, but still), but this is a good hire. And a West-Coast offense will be good for Reggie Wayne in his last year or two, the man is probably the best route-runner and possession reciever in the game today. I hope that they can bring a little QB movement to the system, though, it's one thing that I wanted to see more of last year. Luck is very good at throwing on the run, and it protects him from that O-line. A final wish from me is that they keep going deep. Luck throws a nice ball, and I don't want to see defenses get comfortable playing single-high against him.

Fuck, now we have to hire a new Andrew Luck Director of Offense.

Pep's a good coordinator. They'll still throw deep a few times per game, and I would imagine you'll see a designed run or two for Luck each game as well (something I was bitching and moaning that they should incorporate this season). Will be interesting to see what he can do with an actual NFL WR as well. Unfortunately, like Luck, he's going to have to adapt to suddenly having a way-below-average offensive line.

Nothing important.

Also, prepare yourself for Russel Wilson's comeback.

It's true, Russell Wilson isn't finished yet. If you thought he would retire after that stellar rookie campaign, you are mistaken. Seahawks fans everywhere rejoice.

Just kidding, there are no Seahawks fans outside of Seattle.

Need another connection? Take a look at the 1998 Ravens squad: they were teammates once.

Equally interesting, Jim Harbaugh was QB coach on those 2002-2003 Raiders teams where the coaching staff supposedly sabotaged the big game.

There's basically an endless number of questions that can be asked of Jim Harbaugh on media day. Which only increases the chances of this. America wins.

Is Jerry Jones' senility extending to the rest of his team now? Ratliff crashes into an 18-wheeler, gets DWI on same road as Josh Brown did. How stupid can you get?

Eta: Is driving drunk part of the position of playing nose tackle for the Cowboys?

Is Jerry Jones' senility extending to the rest of his team now? Ratliff crashes into an 18-wheeler, gets DWI on same road as Josh Brown did. How stupid can you get?

Yikes, that's really bad.

You just know Jerry Jones is apoplectic right now. Considering this follows the Josh Brent mess and that during the season Ratliff had a verbal altercation with Jerry Jones you pretty much have to cut him now, right?

Yeah, I don't see how Ratliff makes it. First fought with the boss and now he's followed up with an incredibly stupid and dangerous off the field incident, especially considering recent context. And he's having trouble seeing the field. Bet Jerry's out of patience here.

Archived