Do you think we'll ever see Jaime and Brienne in an actual fully fledged relationship?

Baratheon3508

Personally I would love to see this happen, it would mark Jaime's u turn from a massive jerk to a very decent guy. Brienne is the complete opposite of Cersei, ugly where Cersei is beautiful, kind where Cersei is cruel and honourable while Cersei is an evil scheming bitch.

It would be great to see them together. But somehow I doubt it's going to happen. Despite Jaime's obvious appreciation of Brienne, for instance when he gives her a sword as a gift, unfortunately I can't see him ever wanting to go past the friend zone with Brienne. :(

Your thoughts?

I think that Jaime absolutely has feelings for Brienne, which he probably can't even define, and I think by this point and into the future he'd go to the wall for her (...well, figuratively speaking) and die for her, and I think she'd do the same for him, but I don't know if they'll end up together.

The Jaime/Brienne stuff is something I'm most looking forward to in the next book. It'll be really, really interesting to see how the two of them fare together against Caetlyn.

However, I do think that Brienne has made Jaime one of the best and most interesting characters in the book. I think he's been inspired by her, even if he won't admit it, and that her goodness has made him see Cersei's flaws. And I think she's totally in love with him :)

Jaime definitely loves her. He would have succeeded in sacrificing his life for her in the bear pit if it came down to it, and he sees her in his dreams. I think he is a broken man now as far as emotions go, due to Cersei.

Brienne cares a lot for Jaime. She respects him, trusts him, and takes his kindnesses (and jests) to heart. However, she's so deeply self-conscious she might not be able to overcome that and have a real relationship with someone.

There's definitely also sexual tension there (they both think about each other while they're bathing). I don't think they will ever be together, simply because of their pasts. But I would be extremely thrilled if they did. I love both of these characters, especially Jaime. They deserve a happy ending.

I can see it...

But I have a feeling one of them will die before it comes to that.

I want Jaime to have a baby he gets to hold D=

That would be so so sweet if Jaime got that, he seemed rather hung up about Cersei not letting him hold Joffrey. But somehow I can't see Brienne as the mothering type?

I can see her now, hacking through her enemies, with a baby in tow! Would be epic, but I can't see Brienne being into the whole kids thing. Jaime on the other hand...

That would be so so sweet if Jaime got that, he seemed rather hung up about Cersei not letting him hold Joffrey. But somehow I can't see Brienne as the mothering type?

I can see her now, hacking through her enemies, with a baby in tow! Would be epic, but I can't see Brienne being into the whole kids thing. Jaime on the other hand...

Really?

I always felt that she wishes should could be the beautiful wife or mother... but because her body, looks, and clumsiness didn't "fit" into what society feels is needed for that role she tried to excel at being the opposite. And depsite her looks, even Jaime said she's far more gentle than a person that big had any right to be. If Renly asked her to marry him and have his babies she would have been all over that xD

Plus babies love their mother unconditionally no matter how ugly they are TT_____TT

Brienne needs some more people to love her for who she is.

And yeah... Jaime would probably be a good dad at this point... its a shame we didn't get to see more between him and Tommen before he had to go deal with Riverrun.

Jumping into the bear pit was an act of love. When you risk your life to save another person's life, that's love, heck, you don't even have to know the person, it could just be love of humanity. But I think there is something about her, and that's why he did it.

There's no checklist that has to be completely checked off before we can call it love. You don't have to be the most fabulously together person to love someone. You don't even have to have known love, because no one ever loved you, to love someone.

Jamie will be dead before this is done, I don't know about Brienne (but I hope she gets to kill Stannis!). :leaving:

It won't bring her Renly back... pointless revenge would be pointless... and her frustration would be better aimed at Mel in the longrun anyways xD

While on some level I find the idea of it nice. and there needs to be an heir of CR I doubt it.

GRRM isn't writing the Hero gets the girl type novels. How many times have you thought things like this, and then GRRM puts the slap down whammy on it.

Top 5 (no order)

Arya getting with in throwing distance of family.

Ned going to join the NW.

Jon about to go meet and kill Ramsey.

Sansa getting saved from_____fill in the blank.

Robb going to Win a kingdom.

When they called her the Kingslayer's whore and when he smacked Red Ronnet, that's when I think even these two, for all her naiveté and his denial, had to stop and think, why did that just happen.

The writing is so subtle in these books.

Agree :) Assuming they both survive Lady Stoneheart (which I believe they will), I think they both have a long way to go before they can have a fully fledged romantic relationship. At present, each of them is confused or in denial about his/her feelings, and they each have very high emotional barriers to get around. Both are also emotionally insecure about relationships because of past experiences - Brienne has so many self-doubts and doesn't think any man 'could' want her or fall in love with her, and Jaime because he has been shattered by Cersei's 'betrayal', as well as her rejection of his physically maimed state. He is also newly committed to his role as LC of the Kingsguard, and while being in the KG didn't stop him having an affair with Cersei, I think it would now certainly cause him to have second thoughts about a romantic relationship with any other woman.

I'd like to see Jaime and Brienne first develop a genuine friendship and relationship based on mutual respect, understanding and trust. I think they both already understand each other to a surprising degree, at least intuitively, but there is such a long way to go for both of them in order to even admit that they like each other. I don't think either of them is ready for a sexual/romantic relationship at this stage: they need to build a more solid foundation for that to happen. The potential is certainly there though :) and like others, I think Brienne's POV shows she would like to be a mother and have children, and Jaime would equally like to be a father to children whom he could acknowledge. But this being a GRRM story, that is probably very wishful thinking ... :unsure:

Archived